• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MadWorld (Wii) - Leipzig GC Trailer

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Yah, kinda been surprised Nintendo even knows about the game much less semi-endorses it. :lol

Thanks for the news, CaVaYeRo :D . This sounds extremely promising.

P.S : I'd sooo want a full picture of the badass artwork in the background.

[edit] : Oh, and speaking of awesome artworks, here is the full sized version of the one posted earlier, for those interested :

darkvir

Stormbringer said:

[edit] : Oh, and speaking of awesome artworks, here is the full sized version of the one posted earlier, for those interested :

Awesome thanx for the hirez.

Stormbringer said:

daaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhamn

Opiate

I understand why others are so keen on this title, but as someone who very significantly values gameplay over style and aesthetic, I'm not sure this is a game I'd be interested in. Is there anything detailed yet to suggest this is more than a typical God of War-esque brawler with tons of flash and style?

I'll be getting a Wii for Christmas it seems, so I'm looking at the upcoming release list now.

tetsuoxb

CaVaYeRo said:
This game is completely incredible in-game. We were at the pressentation and discussed some points with Nishikawa.

That's Atsushi Inaba, not Shigenori Nishikawa, in your pictures.

TreIII

Opiate said:
I understand why others are so keen on this title, but as someone who very significantly values gameplay over style and aesthetic, I'm not sure this is a game I'd be interested in. Is there anything detailed yet to suggest this is more than a typical God of War-esque brawler with tons of flash and style?

There's nothing quite that detailed yet, but...

...Honestly, it's probably going to be more along the lines of a "spiritual continuation" of God Hand than any thing else. If that be the case, we can expect a fairly in-depth brawler that marries style with substance.

And coming from the same guys who made GH, Viewtiful Joe, Resident Evil 4 and the like, I'd like to think that they can live up to their pedigree in this area as well. It'll be disappointing a bit, if the game doesn't have tough AI that forces me to stay sharp, as that's one of the things I loved most about GH.

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
Opiate said:

I'll be getting a Wii for Christmas it seems, so I'm looking at the upcoming release list now.

Agreed.

However, that wouldn't be too bad if it were a God of War-like, but from what we've seen (and knowing who the developers are), it's more likely a God Hand-like, which, from a purely gameplay standpoint, isn't so good, if you ask me.

In a way I don't want the game to come out, because if/when it bombs, I expect tons of "hardcore games don't sell on Wii!" or something, which will generate many facepalms among our ranks.

[EDIT] Oh yeah, forgot that there's the RE4 guy in the team, so it might control better than God Hand.

Danielsan

Kilrogg said:
Agreed.

However, that wouldn't be too bad if it were a God of War-like, but from what we've seen (and knowing who the developers are), it's more likely a God Hand-like, which, from a purely gameplay standpoint, isn't so good, if you ask me.

In a way I don't want the game to come out, because if/when it bombs, I expect tons of "hardcore games don't sell on Wii!" or something, which will generate many facepalms among our ranks.

[EDIT] Oh yeah, forgot that there's the RE4 guy in the team, so it might control better than God Hand.
God Hand's gameplay is way better than God of War. Ooh and God Hand's controls = RE4's controls.

preemptive avatar quote
nnuo9v.jpg

CaVaYeRo

tetsuoxb said:
That's Atsushi Inaba, not Shigenori Nishikawa, in your pictures.

yep, you're right, we changed it ;)

Also, thanks for that art!! new wallpaper incoming!

I'll try and put here some more impressions later.

Top Bottom