• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MadWorld (Wii) - Leipzig GC Trailer

By the way, IGN has the uncensored trailer :

http://uk.wii.ign.com/dor/objects/1...os/MW_GC_082008.html;jsessionid=2h64u5jm8qkft

As well as a preview :

http://uk.wii.ign.com/articles/901/901144p1.html

And some pics :

madworld-20080820042835650_640w-1.jpg

madworld-20080820042828166_640w.jpg

madworld-20080820042834087_640w.jpg

madworld-20080820042837384_640w.jpg

madworld-20080820042832619_640w.jpg

madworld-20080820042829650_640w.jpg

madworld-20080820042840837_640w.jpg

madworld-20080820042831228_640w.jpg

Looks fantastic in stills, but I don't care for how it moves. Way too jerky in that last trailer. Maybe I have to see a gameplay demonstration and not some machine gun-edited promo.

Scrubking

After seeing the uncensored version I have no idea how this is going to get past the ESRB without an AO rating. Of course they changed their tune with sex in GTA so who knows.

Flynn

Pretty sweet. I'd like the lettering on the "thuds" and "whams" to be a little nicer, but that's all I've got.

Maybe its just me, but i think the music is quite, refreshing. Seems a bit out of left field(maybe even the dugout with this type of game), but fits perfectly.

Peanut buttuh and jelleh

Scrubking said:
After seeing the uncensored version I have no idea how this is going to get past the ESRB without an AO rating. Of course they changed their tune with sex in GTA so who knows.

As far as I understand it the ESRB has a panel that gets shown a video, compiled by the publisher and developer, that's like 5 minutes in length and is supposed to be representative of the final product. So basically it's the honor system.

But I don't think this game will have much of a problem getting through the ESRB as is with an M rating, the game is so cartoonish and fantastic.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
sonicspear64 said:
The music is awful? Some people need to learn that just because you don't like that type of music doesn't mean it's bad.
Yup.

The end credits of the trailer say it's "Get it Up" by OX. I can't wait to hear the full version. :D

HOLY SHIT @ the IGN trailer!

And I didn't notice until people started point it out. . .but the music in THIS trailer really makes the whole thing feel better and more lively. It's that spice that makes this seem like more than just a "you can kill people thiiiisssss many ways. . . " game. Like it's actually fun . . .it gives it a persona of it's own. Kinda like how does speakers that talk about the Death Game like it's a car race or some Boxing round on TV made it have a sense of humor.

Feels alot more like a game now to me. . .and I have hated the direction that mainstream rap has gone for a few years now. This music simply feels better.

vareon

UK, August 20, 2008 - Already, MadWorld is in the news for all the wrong reasons – namely it's extreme approach to videogame violence. Perhaps keen to stoke those flames a little higher, SEGA used the game's Leipzig debut to show off some of MadWorld's many, many environmental kills, alongside some tantilising glimpses at new mini-games, bike riding and even a brief glimpse of a boss battle.

lol IGN

This game might not be my cup of tea, but it looks awesome indeed.

I cannot believe people are whining about the music in the trailer. Who cares?! The game looks great.

And holy shit at the guy being pressed into the passing train.

justchris

KevinCow said:
All Wii advertising? So like when they inevitably go on Oprah to show off Wii Sports Resort, they should say, "Oh yeah, and here's a guy chainsawing another guy's face off."

I would preorder a second copy that very day.

Holy cow, I'm so ready for this game!

sonicspear64 said:
The music is awful? Some people need to learn that just because you don't like that type of music doesn't mean it's bad.
Uhm that's probably why they don't like the type of music - because they think it sounds bad.

I think it's good that they try something a bit different and I do think it somehow fits the theme - I can totally see people being not too happy about it though.

Scrubking said:
It's not worse than other games, plus it's over the top.

Aske

Scrubking said:

Someone hasn't played Ninja Gaiden 2. The ESRB almost never minds extreme violence in an M rated game. Manhunt 2 was the exception, not the rule, and that was due more to the context of the violence than its extremity.

Hopefully the music in the trailer wasn't representative of the soundtrack. People complain about Hip Hop because it's much more polarizing than Rock. People may love or hate both genres, but people who hate Hip Hop really hate it. Like "I'll pass on this awesome looking game if the soundtrack is all Hip Hop because the music will ruin the experience for me" levels of hate. Personally, I'll rent it regardless; but an all (or mostly) Hip Hop soundtrack will definitely kill a purchase.

To be honest, I'm more worried about the gameplay. I felt burned by NMH, and I don't need another stylish-but-shallow Wii action title. But this is Platinum Games, so I'm cautiously optimistic.

Haruspex

Banned
Volcynika said:
Oh god, that uncensored trailer.

HE TOOK OUT HIS SPINE

Do feel ill.

And I gotta laugh at the folks saying they won't buy a game cos it may have a hip-hop soundtrack. I'm more concerned that the art of hip-hop is being equated with violence as usual.

sdizzy

Haruspex said:
Do feel ill.

And I gotta laugh at the folks saying they won't buy a game cos it may have a hip-hop soundtrack. I'm more concerned that the art of hip-hop is being equated with violence as usual.

Are people concerned about the rock rift from the first trailer being equated with violence? As long as the music is as the game journalist would say is immersive( i hate this term), than the type of music doesn't matter or rather yet shouldn't matter. I bet everybody would love it if it was the Beastie Boys were rapping.....

I can completely understand someone not wanting to play the game because of music preference. Sound is quite important as far as having a good experience is concerned.

That said, ill be getting the soundtrack day 1.

However, im starting to get really worried about the gameplay. Some of the shots show a HEAVY resemblance to God Hand(gameplay wise), and as we know, that wasnt exactly the greatest experience. Well, not for most of us, it does have its followings however. I just dont want this to be an "assembly line" fighter where everyone is standing around as they run up one by one. Hopefully its very freeformed, but i do love stiff controls. Just let me actually "SEE" the reward for learning and mastering them onscreen with a fluiding looking display.

Im buying it, but i AM kind of scared. )c=

basik

I like the hiphop music in the trailer... I'm not sure if that was official music for the game though.

I'm wondering if the hiphop music would bring in a bigger crowd than no more heroes did with the punk crowd? but then again NMH didnt get any TV ads.

Blacktin0

Banned
Its oh no cj is a black guy in gta i dont wanna play all over again, game looks dope hope i can play as another character though.

rockman zx said:
You are right, it´s artwork, the real size of the image is 2936x2079.
It great how it resembles the concept art so much, that we have to check and see if its art or not.

I wish we had more of that.

Galactic Fork

A little fluff between the ears never did any harm...
Haruspex said:
Visually it looks pretty astonishing, but if I'm honest I don't know if I'll be able to stomach all that ultra-violence unless its contextualised and justified somehow. I know its not in that trailer, but the road sign through the head genuinely made me wince.

I'm not usually into ultra violence either, but as for the sign through the head, the best part of it is that the sign has the picture a guy getting a sign through his head... So it's perfectly justified because the guy was warned! What else did he expect?

Galactic Fork said:
I'm not usually into ultra violence either, but as for the sign through the head, the best part of it is that the sign has the picture a guy getting a sign through his head... So it's perfectly justified because the guy was warned! What else did he expect?
lmao

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
Wow, haters be damned it's not "just" an arena fight game a la Power Stone then, but it seems it'll be a pretty varied full fledged action game!

Wii's hardcore posterboy!

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
It's terrible that people are going to overlook a game because of the music that may or not be in the game. Are you all the same ones that passed on Third Strike because of LET'S GET IT ON NOW, which was the effin menu music? That shit is ultra retarded.

Bah. This looks like God Hand on steroids or something, and that makes me smile. As long as they adjust the AI and make it as fun to fight as it was in God Hand, I'm all over this.

<3 Sega. They are making sure the game gets shown to everyone.

Aske said:
Hopefully the music in the trailer wasn't representative of the soundtrack. People complain about Hip Hop because it's much more polarizing than Rock. People may love or hate both genres, but people who hate Hip Hop really hate it. Like "I'll pass on this awesome looking game if the soundtrack is all Hip Hop because the music will ruin the experience for me" levels of hate. Personally, I'll rent it regardless; but an all (or mostly) Hip Hop soundtrack will definitely kill a purchase.

To be honest, I'm more worried about the gameplay. I felt burned by NMH, and I don't need another stylish-but-shallow Wii action title. But this is Platinum Games, so I'm cautiously optimistic.

I'm going to generalize here, and I normally try not to, but, anyone that thinks that has no real grasp on the different varieties of "hip hop" or "rock".

smh

Top Bottom