• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MadWorld (Wii) - Leipzig GC Trailer

sdizzy

No one complained about the rock rifts in the first trailer, sheesh. Looks good hope the gameplay mechanics can be nailed down, and this looks like a very good addition to the Wii library.

Cow Mengde said:
The music is horrible. Where the fuck is Greg Proops? I'm also a bit worried about the B&W style ruining the gameplay a bit. This needs a demo.
:mad:

THIS LOOKS AWESOME.

Where's Bayonetta? They showed it, right?

Threi

notag
sdizzy said:
No one complained about the rock rifts in the first trailer, sheesh.

Actually that was what was kind of turning me off the game initially. I didn't say anything though because it's just an opinion on my taste of music. But since people in here seem to feel the need to state their opinions I will state mine as well: The less Rock and more Hip-Hop, the better.

Threi said:
Actually that was what was kind of turning me off the game initially. I didn't say anything though because it's just an opinion on my taste of music. But since people in here seem to feel the need to state their opinions I will state mine as well: The less Rock and more Hip-Hop, the better.

See I'm the opposite. I hate hip-hop for the most part. So the rock music works for me. Yet I know people that despise that genre like I do rap.

sdizzy

Threi said:

I don't mind both types of music, just the lamenting of the rap music just irked me, no one came out as was like this rock music is horrible why don't they put jazz, some real music on the soundtrack. In a violent game like this rap and rock music seem like the most appropriate type of music for this game wouldn't you think.

Mamesj

Banned
ICallItFutile said:
Wow. Mad World is so impressive and not just for a Wii game. The trailer blew me away more then Heavy Rain's. :lol

True that.

Nibris must be feeling pretty salty that their shtick got kinda preempted :lol

markatisu

nightez said:
This is gonna be another PN.03 one of those games that divides opinion amongst hardcore gamers.

Everyone I have talked and almost every impression/trailer has been positive from the 1st to the latest

When was PN.03 ever like that?

NTom64

It's like the olden days, where games weren't afraid to be batshit insane and over the top. God bless you, SEGA :D

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
nightez said:
This is gonna be another PN.03 one of those games that divides opinion amongst hardcore gamers.

I wouldn't be surprised. Happened with Killer 7, God Hand and No More Heroes too.

Proven

The other trailers did nothing for me. Too much violence and it didn't look like funny violence in the same sense as No More Heroes and God Hand. That was the biggest difference I saw that no one else mentioned. All of these comparisons don't really fit in my opinion on the feeling sense. It's like people are just hitting a checklist and saying they're the same when from just watching it doesn't feel the same.

But now this trailer makes me feel like I'll go through this game like a badass. I'm a force of nature with the world against me and not in the silly sense like God Hand was. I finally get the feel of this game and now it's something I like.

Personally, I love both Rock and Hip Hop, but Hip Hop usually gives off a more serious feel and Rock tends to give off a slightly more ridiculous/funny feel. God Hand needed the Rock music, and MadWorld works best for me using Hip Hop.

TreIII

YES, YES. GIMME MORE, ALL OVER MY FACE!

This game will be the one that will surely get the ball rollin 09 for the Wii.

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
Holy crap, this game looks amazing!

I'm glad there's someone out there who cares about the core gamers on the Wii.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
I think I might just be even more hyped for this game than I was for No More Heroes.
I mean HERR FREDERICK VON TWIRLENKILLER is the best name for a boss, ever. It even beats Destroyman.

<3 Platinum Games.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Wow. Damn.
Day 1.

traveler said:
I'm going to need to see some sort of gameplay demo or something before I start lavishing the same praises you guys are here. Stylish violence does nothing for me, so this game will live or die on its mechanics and, right now, I'm not seeing much to get excited about.

Honestly, I feel the same way.

Also, i'm not to sure if i'm into the art style. I like it in concept, but i'm reminded of the movie Renaissance, a movie I couldn't finish because the stark black and white was hell on my eyes.

D-X

Not thrilled with the music but I don't want heavy metal either. I don't know what would work best - a combination of the two?

Are the music comments really necessary? Imagine if everyone who disliked rock music posted this in EVERY topic about games with rock music soundtracks...

Threi

notag
Zoramon089 said:
Are the music comments really necessary? Imagine if everyone who disliked rock music posted this in EVERY topic about games with rock music soundtracks...
Oh ho ho i would go to work in the guitar hero/rock band threads...but yeah I can accept that not everyone likes the same genre. Not sure why there needs to be such hip-hop hate.

"I don't understand what they are saying but it was probably about spinning rims and grillz and guns and boobs and money"

change4no1 said:
Dammit . . .

Sega had a high quality version of the trailer up on their ftp.

ftp://segapr.segaamerica.com/SEGA_GAMES/

Sadly, halfway through my download it stalled and asked for a password, and now I can't access the site at all. Anyone care to share the password?

I could download it, but it was going at around 30k/ps and would take 6 hours. A 661MB .mov is just a little too big for that speed. Why doesn't the gamevideos link have a download option?

Teknoman

:lol Fredrich von Twirlenkiller

I just hope the normal bad guys arent too easy.

Dead Man Typing said:
I could download it, but it was going at around 30k/ps and would take 6 hours. A 661MB .mov is just a little too big for that speed. Why doesn't the gamevideos link have a download option?

You could use realplayer to download it. Automatically downloaded it as an MP4 for me.

Dead Man Typing said:

It appears to be working again. I'm downloading right now and getting about 95k/ps.

Teknoman said:
The music actually fits the action, just like most surfer rock actually fits GOD HAND.

Any music suits got hand, and likewise surfer rock suits any game.

They are the eggs of music and video games.

JudgeN said:
Looks good but am I the only one who finds it kinds hard to look at?

You're not. I love the concept for the black and white style, but I do find things to look a bit 'busy'. There's not enough distinction between the characters and environments, making them blend into eachother and hard to distinguish.

That said, brilliant trailer and absolutely day 1 for me. Looks like so much fun. I loved No More Heroes and this looks even better.

Top Bottom