• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MadWorld (Wii) - Leipzig GC Trailer

DreD

Tenbatsu said:
u9cg6.jpg

New avatar get! Thanks. :)

Threi

notag
On the Hip-Hop subject - I will admit i do have a chip on my shoulder regarding that subject because of the insane amounts of ignorance and elitism directed towards the genre. I have no problem with people simply disliking the style of music (I know there are people who prefer the instrumental portion of music over lyrics), but there have just been so many people who know little to nothing about the genre, and "hate" it because of the mainstream music they "sometimes" hear on the radio. They thus refuse to educate themselves on the topic and choose to hate the entire genre because of it.

It just bugs me because its kind of like hating on anything popular: they do it to be different. Not many people like mainstream rap folks, you aren't being an individual. Just realise that what you hate is not representative of the genre at all.

Not to say any of you are ignorant of the genre, but most people in my experience who irrationaly hate hip-hop and are very vocal about their opinions are.

I wasn't too excited by the earlier trailers since violent games make me squeamish but the black and white art style and the tone of this trailer really moderates what my usual reaction would be.

basik

rock music ruined sonic & the secret rings for me, everytime you go to the main menu you have to hear whoever that is screaming about rings... SEVEN RINGS IN HAND SEVEN RINGS IN HAND! I'd be happy if no game music had vocal lyrics after that.

nightez

Banned
markatisu said:
Everyone I have talked and almost every impression/trailer has been positive from the 1st to the latest

When was PN.03 ever like that?

God Hand, PN.03, Killer 7 all got great response from the first trailers. But in the end those games really divided opinion amongst gamers some people just didn't 'get it'. They certainly looked nice but he gameplay was a mystery to alot of people. This looks just like those games and also its equally as eccentric.

Threi said:
On the Hip-Hop subject - I will admit i do have a chip on my shoulder regarding that subject because of the insane amounts of ignorance and elitism directed towards the genre. I have no problem with people simply disliking the style of music (I know there are people who prefer the instrumental portion of music over lyrics), but there have just been so many people who know little to nothing about the genre, and "hate" it because of the mainstream music they "sometimes" hear on the radio. They thus refuse to educate themselves on the topic and choose to hate the entire genre because of it.

It just bugs me because its kind of like hating on anything popular: they do it to be different. Not many people like mainstream rap folks, you aren't being an individual. Just realise that what you hate is not representative of the genre at all.

Not to say any of you are ignorant of the genre, but most people in my experience who irrationaly hate hip-hop and are very vocal about their opinions are.

I approve of this post. I like how they have used rap in the trailer and I hope they use it a lot in the final game.

Also was this ever confirmed to be coming to the 360 as well?

anonnumber6 said:
I approve of this post. I like how they have used rap in the trailer and I hope they use it a lot in the final game.

Also was this ever confirmed to be coming to the 360 as well?
Nope, Wii only.

And yea, I think rap was a better choice of music for this game. It seems like it has fond it's own lil gaming soul now. :lol

Above, I would hope that they would use m+ in MadWorld 2 if this one is a hit.

samratty

Threi said:

I definitely agree with this post. I hate the weird overly vocal hatred a lot of 'rock' fans -and the inverted commas are there for a reason- have for hip hop. I also hate the opposite of misinformed hip hop fans hating on rock, or any other genres.
That said, I wasn't really feeling the song that much even as a massive hip hop fan underground and mainstream, it was kinda cool and fits way better than mainstream rock would, but at the same time I was expecting some sort of noir dark jazz with an uptempo feel for the fighting. I'd like to see Madworld set to meandering jazz rock mixed with like chick corea at his darkest and best.

God thank MS for custom soundtracks, a must for all consoles next gen imo.

It's just a trailer, we don't even know if that's the final music for the game. I'm not saying that I don't like the music, I do, I'm just saying that people are over-reacting.

[insert thisneogafdude.gif here]

Soroc

Wow this really does look amazing. This is the first really big (Hopefully AAA) 3rd party title that will hit. Really quite impressed with the whole visual style.

Does anyone know if its an open world?

Eteric Rice

Artanisix said:
Dear god, thank you for showing me this. This makes this thread even better than it already is.

No problem. :D

I always thought that guy should do video game music. His "Throwing Fire" beat always reminded me of the old Sonic games for some reason.

Aske

Oldschoolgamer said:
It's terrible that people are going to overlook a game because of the music that may or not be in the game. Are you all the same ones that passed on Third Strike because of LET'S GET IT ON NOW, which was the effin menu music? That shit is ultra retarded.

I don't think anyone is assuming this music will be in the game. These are reactions to possibility, nothing more.

Threi said:

samratty said:
I definitely agree with this post. I hate the weird overly vocal hatred a lot of 'rock' fans -and the inverted commas are there for a reason- have for hip hop. I also hate the opposite of misinformed hip hop fans hating on rock, or any other genres.

I'm not quite sure why so many Hip Hop fans think that one has to be ignorant of the genre in order to find it distasteful.

Anyone who has ever heard Black/Death Metal knows whether or not they hate genres of music characterised by vocals that sound like a cat being castrated, or an angst-ridden cookie monster.

If a developer made a game with a Black Metal soundtrack, you'd better believe people would be sufficiently put off by the music to skip the game.

Some genres are more polarizing than others. Black Metal is one, Hip Hop is another. The basic aspects that create distaste aren't subtle enough to necessitate a thorough understanding of either genre in order to determine profound dislike. The difference is that Hip Hop as a genre is popular enough to factor into relatively mainstream creative expression outside its own subculture.

And I wouldn't identify myself as a 'Rock' fan. This isn't about "my" music versus "yours". Throw whatever combination of styles and instruments you like at a soundtrack and I probably won't be totally switched off by it. But I'll express distaste if the majority of the soundtrack consists of Hip Hop because it will greatly lessen my enjoyment of the game.

soldat7

Aske said:
But I'll express distaste if the majority of the soundtrack consists of Hip Hop because it will greatly lessen my enjoyment of the game.

Same.

Although it's going to take a lot to bring this game down in my book. Holy smokes this looks hawt!

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
Vinci said:

THAT IS AMAZING

The guy's certainly talented!

This kind of music would get on my nerves after a while, but I like some of the sounds, especially the main theme!

Danielsan

This game is totally going to make me buy a Wii. That trailer was amazing. The combat looks a lot like a modified version of God Hand, which is a good thing. :D

I've also heard nothing but good things from the people who've seen Bayonetta behind closed doors.

Clover/Platinum Games still has with it takes.

jvalioli

Hip-Hop can be excellent background music. All the mainstream Rap and Hip-Hop artists sort of ruin the perception for a lot of people. Nujabes, Fat Jon, Tsutchie, and Force of Nature did the soundtrack for Samurai Champloo a while back and it got a lot of positive praise from people that don't normally like the genre.

Azure J

jvalioli said:
Hip-Hop can be excellent background music. All the mainstream Rap and Hip-Hop artists sort of ruin the perception for a lot of people. Nujabes, Fat Jon, Tsutchie, and Force of Nature did the soundtrack for Samurai Champloo a while back and it got a lot of positive praise from people that don't normally like the genre.

To add to this post (which is brilliant btw), Jet Grind Radio series had a very distinct Hip-Hop flavor despite the many styles of music implemented within the mixes and it's soundtrack is damn near legendary. Same for Sonic 3 & CD (JP version) but on a smaller note (Sonic CD - Boss Theme, Stardust Speedway (Good, Bad, Present); Sonic 3 - Act 1 Boss, Knuckles' Theme, Credits Theme). You could credit this to genius on the composer's part for knowing that Hip-Hop isn't what's portrayed in mainstream, but rather refers to the soul and rhythm of things. Overall, I'm definitely for the motion of more Hip-Hop influences in games whether instrumental or vocal, as long as they're done tastefully and suit the type of game they're in.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
Aske said:
I'm not quite sure why so many Hip Hop fans think that one has to be ignorant of the genre in order to find it distasteful.

They are if they think the flavor of the month is representative of the entire "genre".

olubode said:
See, this is why I love GAF. Thanks Eteric. I just purchased Mr. Ronald Jenkees album on Itunes.

Yeah. This music is incredibly nice. GAF sometimes points me in the direction of cool stuff like this. Not all the time, but you know. :lol

KTallguy

Banned
I really like this game, however the black and white makes things really difficult to see at times.

Because the backgrounds are super detailed with tons of lines, sometimes I feel like auxiliary characters get drowned out.

I'm still very interested, but I wonder if anyone else feels the same as me.

Teknoman

jvalioli said:

AzureJericho said:
To add to this post (which is brilliant btw), Jet Grind Radio series had a very distinct Hip-Hop flavor despite the many styles of music implemented within the mixes and it's soundtrack is damn near legendary. Same for Sonic 3 & CD (JP version) but on a smaller note (Sonic CD - Boss Theme, Stardust Speedway (Good, Bad, Present); Sonic 3 - Act 1 Boss, Knuckles' Theme, Credits Theme). You could credit this to genius on the composer's part for knowing that Hip-Hop isn't what's portrayed in mainstream, but rather refers to the soul and rhythm of things. Overall, I'm definitely for the motion of more Hip-Hop influences in games whether instrumental or vocal, as long as they're done tastefully and suit the type of game they're in.

Definatly. What really gets me is that all the mainstream stuff today really isnt even hiphop. Its 100% rap...and sometimes not even that.

I think alot of Sonic 2 (Mystic Cave zone single player) Sonic 3 (Hydrocity zone, Carnival Night Zone) would be good examples as well.

KTallguy said:
I really like this game, however the black and white makes things really difficult to see at times.

Because the backgrounds are super detailed with tons of lines, sometimes I feel like auxiliary characters get drowned out.

I'm still very interested, but I wonder if anyone else feels the same as me.

Im with you. Sometimes you miss alot of the world or enemy details because everything blends in abit. Probably will be different when playing the game though.

japtor

Galactic Fork said:
I'm not usually into ultra violence either, but as for the sign through the head, the best part of it is that the sign has the picture a guy getting a sign through his head... So it's perfectly justified because the guy was warned! What else did he expect?
Here's the sign for those wondering what it looks like:

1158.jpg

So yeah, he had it coming.

Tab0203

Eteric Rice said:
I want this guy to do the music for future Sonic games. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0O2aH4XLbto
J-Rock said:
Damn! Makes his own beats and everything. Impressive as hell.

I really love this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lg8LfoyDFUM&feature=user

To stay on topic, this trailer is amazing.
Very impressive. Thanks for posting this.

messin with a guitar sound (will be on my next CD)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=smE-uIljiGo

rannndom improv jams - some hip hop & some funk/techno
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=maxWVCW-Lqs

A fun beat from outer space (an experimental improv jam)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=giAzopSy-g0

Crazy Backwards Roller Coaster - Kings Island 2007
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zTU0oQ2BUWU :lol

can't wait for this game.

CAVE343

olubode said:
See, this is why I love GAF. Thanks Eteric. I just purchased Mr. Ronald Jenkees album on Itunes.

Yup thanks Eteric, I also bought it right after I foud out he was on iTunes, thanks again.
New madworld trailer is some good stuff. I don't mind the rap theme.

CaVaYeRo

This game is completely incredible in-game. We were at the pressentation and discussed some points with Nishikawa. When the bike goes down the building, when the hurricans before the boss and the cars and caws falling... it's almost a movie, or you could choose any pic like it was a drawing from a comic. the angles, the elements... everything is so welll done!

Oh, and sound is awesome, as well.

this are some highlights from what my partner posted. Sorry for our English! :p

- Blood does not affect the gameplay (we though Jack fell down because of it, but it's not that), because Madworld isn´t a realistic game. By the way, they still work on it: colour, amount in each death, texture, etc. That's why in some screens there is more blood than in others.

- Length is not yet decided. They keep going on with development. Anyway, they don´t plan a very long game and minigames give it replay value.

-New minigame: Death Press. There is a stage with hole in the middle and sometimes a heavy and spyked iron press falls killing everybody inside the hole. Your mission is to throw into the hole as many enemies as you can on time. Is awesome how blood starts covering the press.

- Jack only ride the motorbike to go from one part of the map to another one. Different secuencies each time, with some gameplay and killing, but not real levels. Incredible views.

- SEGA didn´t want to comment about Nintendo's support to Madworld, but in the end the rep. said: “We know (we've heard that) Nintendo loves the game”. SEGA supports the original idea that Platinum Games is developing and respect German censorship as well. Nishikawa doesn´t even know if they will be able to lauch the game in Japan. But the game will be as it is meant to be, not changing for that.

Here the original.

mad_team.jpg

Find the bad guy:
mad_nishi.jpg

This game is completely stunning. We're going again to the presentation today :D

Dascu

CaVaYeRo said:
This game is completely incredible in-game. We were at the pressentation and discussed some points with Nishikawa. When the bike goes down the building, when the hurricans before the boss and the cars and caws falling... it's almost a movie, or you could choose any pic like it was a drawing from a comic. the angles, the elements... everything is so welll done!

Here the original.

http://www.revogamers.net/Imag/GC08/mad_team.jpg[IMG]

This game is completely stunning. We're going again to the presentation today :D[/QUOTE]
So jealous. I wish I could be there.

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
People bringing up the Capcom Five and Clover - If I loved Killer7, RE4, Viewtiful Joe and God Hand, is P.N.03 worth a look?

I do like this trailer too. The music kind of suits the atmosphere, but I dunno if I'd want the whole soundtrack like that. Loving the comic book violence and OTT badassity of it all :D

CaVaYeRo said:

Here the original.

mad_team.jpg

This game is completely stunning. We're going again to the presentation today :D
You are my fucking hero.

*HYPED*

B-Genius said:
People bringing up the Capcom Five and Clover - If I loved Killer7, RE4, Viewtiful Joe and God Hand, is P.N.03 worth a look?

I do like this trailer too. The music kind of suits the atmosphere, but I dunno if I'd want the whole soundtrack like that. Loving the comic book violence and OTT badassity of it all :D
YES

FIN

Top Bottom