• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Major Nelson Strikes Back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Faustek

when even the pr mouthpiece of ms use the usual Victimisation on gaf(its because its xbox,this is sonygaf yaddayadda),you know we have reached a new low

i find odd that after the mattrick debacle and phil spencer new direction this guy still have a job,in some ways is the personification of some of the problems MS past years

seem to remember some similar things last gen. Seems to be a trend with some. I try to ignore and go on.

On Topic: Yeah...not really funny should have been shorter. 30 seconds instead of that extra minute with just a bit of sword fighting and the talk with "the other guys" and "bongo" :D
That was good ^^

leeh

It's weird that is your take away from the thread, because honestly, there's barely been any posts with personal insults. The majority of posts over these eight or so pages, are just people saying the video sucks, offering their reasons why, others saying it's ok, and then others just generally having a laugh etc. It's not "full of pointless, childish, personal insults" as you're trying to make out, or have for whatever reason perceived it.
Apologies, this what my posts look like without my morning cig.

Video is corny, but people really do get worked up about these things. Like Sony won't care.

Jigorath

Banned
I would imagine that specific guy doesn't care at all, Sony the company that paid for the deal cares... but I doubt the specific guy that negotiated the deal gives a crap.

Oh yeah I'm sure Sony is fuming at a YouTube video with a whopping 20k views. What are they ever going to do with all those Battlefront bundles. I guess they better send them to that warehouse in New Zealand.

Toki767

Oh yeah I'm sure Sony is fuming at a YouTube video with a whopping 20k views. What are they ever going to do with all those Battlefront bundles. I guess they better send them to that warehouse in New Zealand.

It's amazing how almost 2 years later, that New Zealand reference still makes me smile.

J

JoJo UK

Unconfirmed Member
I think he gets what he wants - almost everytime.
Could you elaborate on this post please, I would be interested to know what you mean, thanks.

OT: Made me chuckle the odd time, I have no issues with this type of advertising no matter who does them. This and the destiny fragrance add show more creativity than the 3 min CGI trailers we normally see in adverts, to me anyway.
I would imagine the person at Sony who worked to get that Battlefront marketing deal doesn't think the video is just light hearted.
Won't someone please think of the PR Management Team!?!

hey, that was funny ! Sure, I get why people will hate it. But this is internet. Chill out. They are having fun. It's pretty good. Nobody was hurt

the truth? so this is sonygaf no?

Lol.... I love the persecution complex arguement, it is the ultimate cop out.

You must have missed the cloud threads, or the "Quantum Break might be rubbish" thread, every Tomb Raider thread, any comment by Phil Spector threads, the recent MS PC support thread, every Titanfall thread, ect, ect.ect...

Is GAF Sony Gaf? No, but there is a tremendous amount of vitriol in a lot of the MS threads by some people, some even leading to locked threads. Worse to me is that it is consistently tolerated.

There are even people attacking the OP on here for cheerleading MS products... fucking seriously?

On topic... keep it up Major, don't let the negativity get you down.

It was someone doing an ad for Battlefront without being able to do a proper ad for Battlefront.

xbox-destiny-hed-2014.jpg

EXACTLY!

allan-bh

Funny video.

Some people take console war too seriously, it's just a video and consoles are just a piece of electronic, no need to be salty.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
Not funny but entertaining! I can insta-spot the teenagers by the gratuitious use of the word cringe. Everything is cringe these days.

mcz117chief

Half cringe, half fun. Wasn't too bad.

I don't like Star Wars anymore.

yeah, I'm on the same boat. Star Wars is just too bloated, even more bloated than Warhammer 40k and that shit is ridiculous. Time to find a more grounded less put-as-many-zeroes-behind-numbers-as-possible sci-fi. And to think how it all started.

Pandy

It's an RPG, kind of, from a Japanese developer, and so it's a JRPG. Why is it a stretch?

Also, I don't count anything prior to 2010, or handheld games since they're not real games. This is a new decade, and therefore there are new rules.
If I remember the rules for this decade correctly, then country of assignation is decided by the publisher, not the developer. Therefore Scalebound will be a leading example in the ARPG, American RPG, genre.
All Sony RPGs are now designated as British RPGs, because of complications relating to Andrew House.

Amazing.

Glad a few of you enjoyed this little piece they asked me to shoot when I was in Germany last week.

I know some of you will hate it (because you dislike me, Xbox, Microsoft or a combination of the three) but we were just having a bit of fun.

I'll take my light saber and show myself out.
As always when company reps are brave enough to post publicly on sites like GAF, thanks for taking the time to respond. It was a fun little video, and I enjoyed it for what it was. :)

That was horrendous, things like this do no favours for the Xbox brand.
Fucking loool

Some people in this thread. This video was shot in 5 minutes by the looks of it and people still take it as something serious. I don't even know why Major still posts here (you're a cool guy Major!).

-MB-

Fucking loool

Some people in this thread. This video was shot in 5 minutes by the looks of it and people still take it as something serious. I don't even know why Major still posts here (you're a cool guy Major!).

IN this case the avatar is a pretty good indicator to why he didn't like this video.

Some of the responses in this thread are straight up embarrassing.

If a couple of guys making a dumb video can make you this upset, then I honestly think you need to reevaluate the role that video games plays in your life. I remember the Destiny fragrance ad got a similar response from some on here, and that stunt was equally inoffensive. It's totally normal to not like something - and I personally didn't like this video as much as the fragrance one, but some of the posters here are acting like those Xbox guys personally insulted their own mothers.

It was neither here nor there but MN's comments in this thread were... NeoGAF level of passive agressive trolling.

I think he's a full-on qualified member now. Welcome to being one of us.

Some of the responses in this thread are straight up embarrassing.

If a couple of guys making a dumb video can make you this upset, then I honestly think you need to reevaluate the role that video games plays in your life. I remember the Destiny fragrance ad got a similar response from some on here, and that stunt was equally inoffensive. It's totally normal to not like something - and I personally didn't like this video as much as the fragrance one, but some of the posters here are acting like those Xbox guys personally insulted their own mothers.

Most aren't but to comment on this video in any manner other than positive is to be a poster who takes things to serious supposedly.

Under those conditions posters like yourself expect this to be nothing more than an echo chamber of positivity for MS PR.

Also a Major Nelson's post is a bit much, victimised it seems.

bj00rn_

Banned
It's hilarious to read some of the comments from wannabe highbrows. ..and doubly so considering the highbrowing mostly stems from lowbro videogame fanboyism.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom