• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| The NXT Era Has ArRIVED

Status
Not open for further replies.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
TNA has climbed the ranks because a lot of people love making fun of it.

I think it might be right ahead of NJPW in forum talk.

CN8B3rx.png

TNA

Hey, you got your account approved just like everyone else and are welcome to post whatever you want; whether it be positive, which I would personally hope for, or negative. But the one thing we can both agree on is that TNA elicits a reaction within both you and me

Toki767

Hey, you got your account approved just like everyone else and are welcome to post whatever you want; whether it be positive, which I would personally hope for, or negative. But the one thing we can both agree on is that TNA elicits a reaction within both you and me

So we're taking the WWE John Cena approach to TNA now?

jred2k

Wait, so everybody just stops fighting to watch the cage lower? I'm surprised the lights didn't come back on to show Willow in one of those nylon fold-out camping chairs with the cupholder armrests.

Alucard

Banned
The wrestlers did a shitty job of catching Hardy off the top of that cage. That could have been a really badass way to intro his new character, but it came off weakly because of the lack of impact on the opposition.

Whether you like it or not, TNA is the second most talked about promotion in this community. And it's only getting bigger.

NXT is the second-biggest promotion in this community. If you exclude gimmick posters, it's probably NJPW in third.

If you exclude gimmick posters and reactions to gimmick posters, this product would generate as many posts as any other loss-leader promotion. I'd put it right in the space between some indy promotion owned by a fake "rapper/producer" trying to lauder his drug money, and some promotion that runs at a used car dealership. At least at the latter, the audience gets a free hot dog and balloons for the kids.

strobogo

Banned
I'd like to create a TNA gimmick match:

A cage surrounds the outside of the ring. Competitors must climb it to get into the ringside area. The first one in gains access to a lever. The lever controls the roof to the cage. Should the lid be closed before both competitors are in, the person on the outside must climb to the roof via pogo stick. Once on top, they can enter a trap door that opens once ever 2 minutes. Once in the ring, the winner must climb a ladder to get back on the roof. Once on the roof, you must get back into the ring where you use the lever to lift the roof with. From there, you must use a grapnel gun to propel yourself to the rafters where you capture a flag. You must then take the flag to Mike Tenay to win. Taz can veto the win if he doesn't like you.

A cage surrounds the outside of the ring. Competitors must climb it to get into the ringside area. The first one in gains access to a lever. The lever controls the roof to the cage. Should the lid be closed before both competitors are in, the person on the outside must climb to the roof via pogo stick. Once on top, they can enter a trap door that opens once ever 2 minutes. Once in the ring, the winner must climb a ladder to get back on the roof. Once on the roof, you must get back into the ring where you use the lever to lift the roof with. From there, you must use a grapnel gun to propel yourself to the rafters where you capture a flag. You must then take the flag to Mike Tenay to win.

... I won't lie, stro. I would fucking love this if just for the convolutedness of it.

dream

dream, can i get a recap friend? i stopped watching when a cowboy was fighting

One of the refs in this company is named Ryan Hebner, so I assume he is the son of Dave or Earl Hebner. That would make him a second generation professional wrestling referee, and I can't think of anything sadder than being a second generation professional wrestling referee.

Toki767

One of the refs in this company is named Ryan Hebner, so I assume he is the son of Dave or Earl Hebner. That would make him a second generation professional wrestling referee, and I can't think of anything sadder than being a second generation professional wrestling referee.

Brian Hebner. He used to referee for WWE too. I believe he's Earl's son.

Ultratech

A cage surrounds the outside of the ring. Competitors must climb it to get into the ringside area. The first one in gains access to a lever. The lever controls the roof to the cage. Should the lid be closed before both competitors are in, the person on the outside must climb to the roof via pogo stick. Once on top, they can enter a trap door that opens once ever 2 minutes. Once in the ring, the winner must climb a ladder to get back on the roof. Once on the roof, you must get back into the ring where you use the lever to lift the roof with. From there, you must use a grapnel gun to propel yourself to the rafters where you capture a flag. You must then take the flag to Mike Tenay to win. Taz can veto the win if he doesn't like you.

This is silly and convoluted enough to where I'd want to see it unfold just to see the chaos that would ensue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom