• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Masters of Sex - Michael Sheen & Lizzy Caplan - Sundays on Showtime

Status
Not open for further replies.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
How well did this show end? I lost interest during the third to last and never got back to it.

War Peaceman

You're a big guy.
How well did this show end? I lost interest during the third to last and never got back to it.

It was hitting some real highs in the middle of the series but petered out a little towards the end. It wasn't bad, it just felt like going through the motions.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Question: Can I please get some Masters of Sex scoop? —Morgan

Ausiello: Indeed, you can. Not only is Betty back — as you already know, Annaleigh Ashford is a series regular this season — but
we’ll also get to meet Helen, the newlywed’s wacky former lover. How wacky is she? She’s a palm reader who really, truly believes she’s a psychic. But, on the other hand, she’s also with-it enough to be unashamed of her lesbianism. And, since she’s still carrying a torch for Betty — and she’s probably the ex-hooker’s soul mate — I’d wager there’s some great material in store for whomever’s cast, as well as for Ashford and Greg Grunberg, who plays odd-man-out Gene.

Source

Sounds like a lot of fun!

Press Release said:
Emmy-winning comedian and actress Sarah Silverman is joining the cast of season two of the acclaimed SHOWTIME drama series MASTERS OF SEX. Silverman will recur in the guest starring role of Helen. Production on season two is currently underway in Los Angeles, and will premiere on Sunday, July 13th at 10 p.m. ET/PT on SHOWTIME.

I had no interest in watching this show when I saw commercials but caught one episode and I was hooked. It seemed like they had a very long season too. Looking forward to Season 2 very much.

- Jocko Sims Joins ‘Masters Of Sex’
Jocko Sims (TNT’s The Last Ship) has joined the second season of Showtime‘s Masters Of Sex as recurring. He will play ‎ Robert,
who first comes into Libby’s (Caitlin Fitzgerald) orbit through his sister, Coral, who is working in the Masters’ home. He is an activist with CORE (Congress of Racial Equality) and has a clear eyed sense of injustice and a willingness to do whatever is necessary to see his cause through‎.
Sims, repped by APA, Benedetti Management and Skrzyniarz & Mallean, will be seen in Dawn of the Planet of the Apes.

U7UAMup.jpg

- Deadline: Courtney B. Vance & Rene Auberjonois Set For Season 2 Of ‘Masters Of Sex’
Showtime‘s period drama continues to add to its sophomore-season cast. Courtney B. Vance and Rene Auberjonois have joined Masters Of Sex in guest roles. Vance (FlashForward, Law & Order: Criminal Intent) will recur as
Dr. Hendricks, head of an African-American hospital in St. Louis whose goal is to racially integrate his hospital
, and Auberjonois (Warehouse 13, Boston Legal) will play
Dr. Papanikolaou, inventor of the Pap smear.
Season 2 of the series starring Michael Sheen and Lizzy Caplan premieres July 13 after the season premiere of Ray Donovan.

9Y6W0dp.jpg
gpY5sPT.jpg

- Deadline: Christian Borle To Recur In Showtime’s ‘Masters Of Sex’
Tony Award winner Christian Borlechristianborle1 has been tapped for a recurring role in the second season of Showtime’s Masters Of Sex. Michael Sheen and Lizzy Caplan star as real-life pioneers of human sexuality, William Masters and Virginia Johnson, whose research touched off the sexual revolution and took them from a mid-western teaching hospital in St. Louis to the cover of Time magazine. Borle will play Frank (Francis) Masters, William Masters’ (Sheen) brother. Borle’s TV credits include Smash, The Sound Of Music Live! and The Good Wife. He earned a Tony Award in 2012 for Peter And The Starcatcher. His other Broadway credits include Spamalot, Legally Blonde, Mary Poppins, Thoroughly Modern Millie and Jesus Christ Superstar. Masters Of Sex Season 2 premieres July 13.

8ycdEZD.jpg

- More casting news for S2:
Variety said:
Showtime’s “Masters of Sex” has added to its cast for the upcoming season, booking actress Erin Cummings for a guest role.

Cummings will appear as Kitty,
a high class prostitute with a no nonsense, “get the job done” attitude. She is described as smart and calculating, but also care-taking. Kitty will be pivotal in the research conducted by Masters and Johnson.

The role is open-ended for recurring.

Cummings’ recent credits include guest spots on “Criminal Minds,” “Inside Amy Schumer” and “Unforgettable.” She is also set to appear in ABC’s upcoming drama “Astronaut Wives Club.”

Seigyoku

Oh crap, July 13th?

Insane Sunday nights with parents again so soon?

Not sure if ready... I'm still not recovered from GoT with spoiler-spewing mom...

ETA: Just watched trailer. NOT READY.

StuBurns

Banned
Yup, her scenes with Beau Bridges were some of the best in season 1. Speaking of, I'm really looking forward to seeing how that story will continue to progress.
The scene when she talked about her sex life with Masters and Virginia was incredible, really unbearably painful to sit through.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom