• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Maya confirmed for Ace Attorney 6

LiK

It's because AA4 was still fundamentally all about Phoenix Wright.

Speaking of which, we didn't see enough Trucy here. Hope she gets to meet Maya in the game, since they're both in different locations.

not saying who the focus was but Apollo acted exactly like Phoenix through most of the game. similar mannerisms and all that. he just screams more.

PK Gaming

Yawn. Not sure why everyone loves Maya so much. Cameo would be nice, but man it really is moving back to the Phoenix show again.

She's by far and away the best partner in the franchise and she's present in some of the most beloved cases in the franchise. It's hard not to have fond memories of her.

Hoping they haven't destroyed her personality like they did with Ema Skye.

That's how I always saw it. Given their ages, it kinda creeps me out when people ship them together.

7 years age difference isn't really a problem at all, especially when you're older. I know a couple that married at 20 and 30 respectively, they have 6 kids of their own now.

FluxWaveZ

not saying who the focus was but Apollo acted exactly like Phoenix through most of the game. similar mannerisms and all that. he just screams more.

That's true, but I just associate that as another result of the game being about Wright. Apollo wasn't allowed to establish himself as his own character with his own interactions with the world, since everything was overshadowed by Wright. It's good that they fixed that in AA5 a bit.

Thanks for the subs.

Not sure I like this subplot of "Can the Wright Agency Juniors protect the office!?" They're not chumps; I don't like an overreliance on Wright. Then again, he kinda was the same when Mia was around.

kurahador

So now we got Phoenix, Apollo, Athena and Maya to juggle through. That seems alot.

Hope they cut Athena off considering her story is done and only appear during the final case or something.

FluxWaveZ

So now we got Phoenix, Apollo, Athena and Maya to juggle through. That seems alot.

Hope they cut Athena off considering her story is done and only appear during the final case or something.

It's not a lot.

Kurain = Phoenix + Maya
Japan/America = Apollo + Athena

Case 1 = Kurain
Case 2 = Japan/America
Case 3 = Presumably Kurain
Case 4 = Presumably Japan/America
Case 5 = ???

The premise of the whole game is that the action is split between locations. This extends to the courtroom themselves (with Kurain's courtroom having the mysticism gimmick with the new girl), and to the characters who will be present depending on the cases.

GSR

Wait, pre order episode cases?

there are cases that are only for preorder? I must be reading wrong.

Shorter, non-canon things. Unlike PLvsPW or DGS' though these have actual gameplay (investigation/cross-examination, etc.)

Shimesaba

They did a good job with her new outfit, but what's going on with her face, it looks totally empty. Her eyes had a smaller and darker look before.

BorkBork

The Legend of BorkBork: BorkBorkity Borking
Obviously she is the best sidekick. No one else has stepped up thus far. But I still would prefer that they not go back to the same well.

IF she plays a different dynamic instead of relying on her now old cliches, then that's fine. But I suspect she will be exactly the same because that's what the fans like, and that's a shame.

random25

I wonder if they'll ever being back Ema Skye

Sadly, Ema kind of missed the boat in the 4th game. She could have gotten a bigger role after her great show in the bonus 5th case in AA DS version but too bad she never got a good opportunity after that.

LiK

It's not a lot.

Kurain = Phoenix + Maya

Case 1 = Kurain
Case 2 = Japan/America
Case 3 = Presumably Kurain
Case 4 = Presumably Japan/America
Case 5 = ???

The premise of the whole game is that the action is split between locations. This extends to the courtroom themselves (with Kurain's courtroom having the mysticism gimmick with the new girl), and to the characters who will be present depending on the cases.

i assume Case 5 will bring them all together and make it a big finale like they always do. i'm happy we'll see Maya and Pearls together again.

Sadly, Ema kind of missed the boat in the 4th game. She could have gotten a bigger role after her great show in the bonus 5th case in AA DS version but too bad she never got a good opportunity after that.

Ema was pretty annoying in AA4. she was older and way more jaded.

Kurain = Phoenix + Maya

Case 5 = ???
I see them doing a cross-country thing for the final case, if not a potential DLC one (Has Capcom even announced it?). And probably a new appearance by Edgeworth if that's the case, as it would be a high-profile problem that would involve the Chief Prosecutor Office. Or even another cameo by an old character.

I wonder if a new detective will appear for the Japanifornia cases or if it would be Gumshoe or Ema?

Dremark

Banned
Well I mean, he is the title character, and the series was at its best when it was the Phoenix show.

He's only the title character outside of Japan. Plenty of games in the series didn't have him as the main character either.

I think he's going to be the focus in every mainline game from now until the series becomes unprofitable because the new guy wasn't received all that well though.

FluxWaveZ

I absolutely loved it. Same for the Chessmaster Wright evolution. It was a lovely character progression from AA3: things don't always go as you'd expect, or want them to. A cynical view on how these characters could end up, and how they'd cope with it. Really ineresting take that I found compelling.

I wonder if a new detective will appear for the Japanifornia cases or if it would be Gumshoe or Ema?

Hell, there's also the matter of a detective for the Kurain cases, if they'll also function with the standard procedure. Obviously, it can't be Fullbright, so maybe we'll see Gumshoe or Ema return for Japanafornia.

LiK

I absolutely loved it. Same for the Chessmaster Wright evolution. It was a lovely character progression from AA3: things don't always go as you'd expect, or want them to. A cynical view on how these characters could end up, and how they'd cope with it. Really ineresting take that I found compelling.

i actually hated her the first time i played it. been watching a new LP of it recently and i do appreciate her more. also, i'm older and way more jaded about life so Ema is me now...lol

hupla

Yeah I was gonna type something similar to this. It was interesting to see a character as a child be so excited about life what they wanted to do with it and then see them later not happy with themselves.

Masked Man

I said wow

Totally agreed! I really appreciated the series taking both characters to a slightly darker, more cynical place. It served as a nice contrast to the series' overall silly tone.

Alright, that Xin Eohp costume is pretty dang great.

It's good to see Maya again. Hearing Turnabout Sisters is affecting me in wistful ways.

random25

I'm okay with it actually. The problem I see there is how turned to become that way. There was really no decent backstory to maybe understand her better. The only thing we got is that things never went her way and became grumpy afterwards.

LiK

I'm okay with it actually. The problem I see there is how turned to become that way. There was really no decent backstory to maybe understand her better. The only thing we got is that things never went her way and became grumpy afterwards.

might be a stretch but if they actually let her end up in forensics in AA6, that would be neat.

Thoraxes

I could do without Klavier.
Every game could use some more sexy Klavier.
ZJo4lv2.jpg

Maya powering up.

She finally found that waterfall she was looking for in AA1 lol
Pretty much. That's still Mia's man anyways!

RIIIIIIIP Diego

Hell, there's also the matter of a detective for the Kurain cases, if they'll also function with the standard procedure. Obviously, it can't be Fullbright, so maybe we'll see Gumshoe or Ema return for Japanafornia.

We are going to get a new character. It wouldn't be credible for more people from either the original trilogy or Apollo Justice to conveniently be on the area. But you raise a good point, as defense attorneys were unneeded for judicial procedures in Kurain. Will the investigation phase have certain restrictions compared to the older games?

LiK

We are going to get a new character. It wouldn't be credible for more people from either the original trilogy or Apollo Justice to conveniently be on the area. But you raise a good point, as defense attorneys were unneeded for judicial procedures in Kurain. Will the investigation phase have certain restrictions compared to the older games?

hopefully the rules aren't super weird or crazy like in Layton vs AA. i found the shifting rules about magic in that game totally made the trials way less fun to play through than the core AA games.

Squishy3

Oh man, that zoom in on the Grameyre (looks like Zak without his stache) in that trailer has me hopeful we'll get some closure to some open ends of AA4.

I really want you-know-who to find out about that relationship.
You'll never find out what's behind those black psyche locks tho!

Oh man, that zoom in on the Grameyre (looks like Zak without his stache) in that trailer has me hopeful we'll get some closure to some open ends of AA4.

I really want you-know-who to find out about that relationship.

Shit...I totally forgot that we never got closure on that front. Maaaaaaaaan I hope they fix that.

Top Bottom