• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MvC: Infinite Story Demo out now + several new reveals [Sony E3]

nded

I'm going to assume that "DOWNLOAD TODAY" means some time Tuesday evening when the PS store is normally updated.

Panther looks pretty dope. That bitchass Zero in the trailer got me questioning though.

Art doesn't look as good as the other ones but eh will wait for that gameplay, looks better in motion. Don't really care about the story because MvC is a nonsense concept anyway (i.e. fantasy).

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
MVC3 Chun Li for comparison:

eFRc8ya.png

I got jebaited so fucking hard when Dante throws the guns at Rocket and he points to the screen and shoots them...

I was like "DMC5 incoming boys!!!" and then NOPE!

LONG I HAVE WAITED...

AND NOW I HAVE FINALLY BEEN JEBAITED!!!

rtPJmdgf.jpg
I was exactly the same.

IT"S COMI-.... NOPE

FUCK.

TP

Imagine not knowing about the leak and being hyped for BP and Zero after seeing the trailer during the conference

surprise

Sigmaah

I got jebaited so fucking hard when Dante throws the guns at Rocket and he points to the screen and shoots them...

I was like "DMC5 incoming boys!!!" and then NOPE!

LONG I HAVE WAITED...

AND NOW I HAVE FINALLY BEEN JEBAITED!!!

rtPJmdgf.jpg

My brothers and I all got jebaited...

You're not alone!!!

looks like absolute shit

Faces are mobile games quality, cutscenes look like fanfiction.

I'm starting to think Capcom hired a character designer with face blindness.

Story models look honestly dreadful. Especially Chun Li's face. Outsourcing to amateurs means Capcom fighters are always going to look like shit until they stop.

They are reusing assets from Mvc 3 aren't they? Does this explain the graphics/animation?

DMC3 Dante heh

I don't know why they wouldn't use his DMC 4 design.

Smfh Capcom.....Black Panther and Venom as DLC blows. Hell I still don't get why Sigma is DLC too since he's supposed to be Ultron's f'in counterpart on Capcom's side.

Hope the demo drops soon just to feel how it plays. If anything, it's gonna be TvC2-ish and that's gonna be dope......though I still can't help but be highly disappointment at how Capcom is handling the game after how they launched SFV. Bad/very bland and uninspired art, little to no good promos, launching way too soon imo and very small cast for a Marvel game....so frustrating. I hope the FGC peeps who are gonna play it at E3 will give us some positive impressions at least.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
game looks terrible. Graphically that is, I still liked what we saw from the gameplay in previous trailers. Really need to see new gameplay with more characters. They should have released gameplay trailers already, their marketing is on par with the game's graphics so far.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
They are reusing assets from Mvc 3 aren't they? Does this explain the graphics/animation?

I don't know why they wouldn't use his DMC 4 design.

Yes, they are. Except they redid the models to fit with the new aesthetic which looks like garbage.

If they used DMC4 Dante's design, they'd have to rework all of his moves because of the different weapons and movesets. That's probably why.

god Infinite looks so bunk. I hate it.

why couldn't they just use 3's style again? Probably Marvel wanting it more "realistic" looking right?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Models that look good (judging based on cinematics, primarily, although if they look off in gameplay it's noted):

Captain Marvel (this and Nova are the best models)
Hulk
Iron Man
Rocket Raccoon
Nova
Dr. Strange
Black Panther
Gamora (not my favourite costume of hers, and lip synching is off, but model looks fine and is one of the better ones)
Thanos (okay look, VA is so cheesy though)
Ultron

Chris (improved, from the looks of it)
Dante (if people say he looks bad I wouldn't argue really, but he looks fine)
Arthur
Morrigan
Spencer
MegaMan X
Strider Hiryu
Sigma
Grandmaster Meio
Zero

In taking stock of all of this, making this list I realized the sore thumbs are just in the minority:

- Captain America (Might be improved but I can't be sure, I just hate that design)
- Hawkeye (just looks weird, I blame the glasses especially, weird texturing)
- Thor (weird texturing in-game)

- Ryu (looked off in gameplay but the cinematic model, as brief as we see it, looks fine)
- Chun-Li (by FAR the worst)

Wakanda looked fantastic, but NYC looked like the city from Injustice 1, just terrible. There's a few sore thumbs, and yes the lighting and textures need work (those dark, indoor scenes look a gen apart from those in the Avengers atrium).

nded

god Infinite looks so bunk. I hate it.

why couldn't they just use 3's style again? Probably Marvel wanting it more "realistic" looking right?

Probably a combination of Marvel going "Contest of Champions is popular so make it look like that" and classic Capcom incompetence.

Coda

I'm going to assume that "DOWNLOAD TODAY" means some time Tuesday evening when the PS store is normally updated.

You're probably right, when they announced Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 and it releasing that same day it took quite a bit of time to show up.

Durden77

It is pretty crazy to see this after DBZ to be honest. And that's coming from someone that has been consistently hype on this game.

It's graphic style is just so bad, and it just looks even worse after the erection that was DBZ's.

As much as I know people love to hate Capcom, I seriously doubt it was all them or them at all. They've proved many times they are capable of making gorgeous fighting games. This was most likely Marvel's doing, they're in a far different spot from when MvC3 was developed.

MechaX

I don't know, looks good to me.
xLW7xlS.png

Chun looks a little weird, but other characters don't.

I mean

You just posted a picture with Chris with a tiny head with a comical action figure body.

He might have been a beefcake in RE5, but he was at least proportional outside of the early RE5 footage

Top Bottom