• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge |OT| - Slightly unf*cked, now for PS3/360

Gee maybe developers should mention glitches in their trailers for now on. NG3RE? Meh... Oh it has a glitch in it? MUST BUY!! WTF is wrong with you guys? lol

Make the game more fun, since we can avoid grinding! That said, I couldn't get the glitch to work. Oh Well.

I am almost at the last stage/day. Playing on normal. This is really not a good game. It has some decent ideas, especially with the new implementation of of Steel on Bone and using slide to break guard (although I still prefer the older version where Ryu skips forward).

Game still has input lag, and a lot of the design is just throwing hordes of enemies at you with the Team Ninja especially of spamming rockets/missiles. Lame. Lame as fuck. Some enemies and bosses are required to use bow to fight. I am a fucking Ninja, I don't need that shit. It didn't work in Ninja Gaiden 2, why put it back in?

And the boss fights suck, suck raw ass. It's a simple pattern based endurance test (doing little damage, jump around, doing little damage, repeat), or just straight up charging UT and deal with it. Normal is hard, but hard for all the wrong reasons unlike the previous games. This game feels more like a chore. And I don't know how the health system completely works yet, but so far I don't like it. Despite all my upgrades I always end up with half of my upgraded health by the way I am toward the end of a chapter/boss fights.

This game came out before Rising but man despite both games trying to do a similar thing with a Ninja flying through space and cutting shit up, this game just pales in comparison despite Ryu is an established bad ass. Everytime I am flying in the air and doing that cinematic attack (like taking out the guns), I cringe a little. Everytime Hayashi tries to remind me how cool the slide mechanic is by trying to throw set pieces at me and by having slow-mo to prompt me, I cringe even more.

And fuck grinding

+ for Ayane, and new her alt. Haven't got a chance to play Momiji and Kasumi yet.
+ for dual katana and lunar
+ for Ryu's alt
+ for having throwbacks to previous games' enemies and levels, it's an interesting twist with the new mechanics. I liked it.

So uh was the roll/evade/reverse wind in Ninja Gaiden broken or overpowered and I just didn't notice it? Because now it seems to have a pretty huge vulnerability window after you slide leaving rather exposed.

Ok, I'm seriously worried now. You people complained way too much about NG3 being easy and now Team Ninja might of overdid it. Maybe my Ninja Gaiden skills have deteriorated somewhat since it's been a while, but I am struggling to defeat the final boss in NG3:RE on NORMAL. I finished all of the Ninja Gaiden games on Master Ninja to my knowledge. I see a way to do it, but this part is so chaotic with all of the little crystal enemies running around throwing me when I block and performing a Steel on Bone is extremely difficult to do. Any advice?

DR2K

Banned
Ironically the game is a lot easier in chapter challenge. Bosses take more damage, less qte shit.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Ok, I'm seriously worried now. You people complained way too much about NG3 being easy and now Team Ninja might of overdid it. Maybe my Ninja Gaiden skills have deteriorated somewhat since it's been a while, but I am struggling to defeat the final boss in NG3:RE on NORMAL. I finished all of the Ninja Gaiden games on Master Ninja to my knowledge. I see a way to do it, but this part is so chaotic with all of the little crystal enemies running around throwing me when I block and performing a Steel on Bone is extremely difficult to do. Any advice?

The bosses probably haven't changed much since NG3, and they're pretty terribly designed for the most part. Also, they're not necessarily balanced around the new game mechanics. They aren't harder than NG1 or 2, but they're gimmicky.

I'd focus on using weapons that will gain a lot of meter quickly, like the Lunar, since you'll need the Ninpo on the final boss.

paolo11

Use lunar level 2 and UT those crows. Stay on the left side if possible because that is a safe point but if there are too many fiends, just move to the other side and UT charge again.

Once you fill your ki meter, use the true inferno ninpo. The second phase, just dodge and if boss slams hand and stop, use scythe attack square square combo. Beware of her sword slashes as well.

Good luck. You can do it.

KiNeSiS

Banned
Call me crazy but I love grinding. I love to feel my character get stronger as I play. FF Tactics was my faveorite SRPG now its Disgaea 3. It's fucking dynamite. It doesn't have to be a rpg per say finally working on my backlog got Arkham City for 360 at KMart for 15 bucks as well as SoulCalibur V for 15. Anyway refuse to play AC until I finish Arkham Asylum I love how powerful Batman gets as you progress Arkham Asylum is up there with Demon Soul's, Dark Soul's & Ninja Gaiden 2 as my top 5 of this gen. Mark of The Ninja also is superb & engorges my genitals to herculian proportions.

KiNeSiS

Banned
Going by the demos MGS R is awesome love the free slice mode always wanted something like that in a game. It is especially cool how you can ninja sword bridges. Without that mechanic it doesn't seem the combat system can stand up to NG 3 RE.

I am probably the biggest Team Ninja & P* fan on this planet.

Ok, I'm seriously worried now. I hope my Ninja Gaiden skills have deteriorated somewhat since it's been a while, but I am struggling to defeat the final boss in NG3:RE on NORMAL. I finished all of the Ninja Gaiden games on Master Ninja to my knowledge. I see a way to do it, but this part is so chaotic with all of the little crystal enemies running around throwing me when I block and performing a Steel on Bone is extremely difficult to do.

EDIT: Ok, I found something that works actually. With the Blade of the Arch Fiend(single sword), try light slash, heavy slash which will launch Ryu into the air and as soon as Ryu is about to land on the ground, execute a 360 motion with the analog. Ryu will spin his blade in a 360 motion and sometimes launch an enemy up in the air for an izuna drop combo. Very good move and I think Ryu is a second of invincibility during this spin move. This takes practice and it is very useful with enemies who block a lot. Try it out. It helps with some enemies, but it seems like certain enemies do not fall for it as much as they did in NG3. The crystal guys do fall for it sometimes though.

Use lunar level 2 and UT those crows. Stay on the left side if possible because that is a safe point but if there are too many fiends, just move to the other side and UT charge again.

Once you fill your ki meter, use the true inferno ninpo. The second phase, just dodge and if boss slams hand and stop, use scythe attack square square combo. Beware of her sword slashes as well.

Good luck. You can do it.

The bosses probably haven't changed much since NG3, and they're pretty terribly designed for the most part. Also, they're not necessarily balanced around the new game mechanics. They aren't harder than NG1 or 2, but they're gimmicky.

I'd focus on using weapons that will gain a lot of meter quickly, like the Lunar, since you'll need the Ninpo on the final boss.

Thanks for the advice guys. The level 2 Lunar Staff did do some good damage to those guys when I was experimenting with my weapons. I used the Blade of the Arch Fiend and stayed up in the left corner and did a few counters, UT's, executed the 360 move(mostly) and did obliteration techniques. I destroyed her second form without too much trouble. Try out the 360 move on some enemies. It helps. To my knowledge, it should work with all weapons I think, but with different results. The 360 move with dragon sword probably works best for the enemies in this encounter. Level 3 Lunar Staff is amazing.

jorgeton

I gotta say that overall I really enjoy this game. Team Ninja has redeemed themselves in my eyes. I also love all the fan servicey cameos littered throughout the story. NG4 could really be something special if they keep embracing what works. Would love a dedicated Kasumi story campaign.

Is it really input lag that's causing issues? To me it seems like the game is just not registering my inputs at all at times. This seems like the worst release from Team Ninja dog yet, and the sigma games were already the lesser versions of the previous games.

ezekial45

Banned
This game is a big improvement over the last original release. The extra content and altered design really goes a long way. However, the biggest fault in the last game, imo, is the auto targeting during combat. Now that the combat design has been slightly tweaked, it's much more aggravating. There's nothing more infuriating than being steered around by the auto targeting when you just simply want to get an obliteration move off on a downed enemy.

This game is a big improvement over the last original release. The extra content and altered design really goes a long way. However, the biggest in the last game, imo, is the auto targeting during combat. Now that the combat design has been slightly tweaked, it's much more aggravating. There's nothing more infuriating than being steered around by the auto targeting when you just simply want to get an obliteration move off on a downed enemy.

Very true regarding big improvement. If anything we can't say Hayashi didn't listen to thefans. The three extra characters are big improvements over their counterparts in Sigma 2, and their content is greatly increased. Team Ninja does modeling extremely as well and the same goes for their design in costumes. All three characters with both their original and alternate costumes are simply sexy, and they are powerful with how they play too.

And now all characters can be used individually for Ninja Trials, and even the acolyte difficulty is much improved compared to Sigma 2's.

I really wouldn't mind a Ninja Gaiden/3rd person action game with Kasumi and Ayane, or even more female characters from DoA, as I find action games to be much more accessible than fighting games and it would be much easier to enjoy the character design (how sexy they look) as well as how they play

Call me crazy but I love grinding. I love to feel my character get stronger as I play. FF Tactics was my faveorite SRPG now its Disgaea 3. It's fucking dynamite. It doesn't have to be a rpg per say finally working on my backlog got Arkham City for 360 at KMart for 15 bucks as well as SoulCalibur V. Anyway refuse to play AC until I finish Arkham Asylum I love how powerful Batman gets as you progress Arkham Asylum is up there with Demon Soul's, Dark Soul's & Ninja Gaiden 2 as my top 5 of this gen. Mark of The Ninja also is superb & engorges my genitals to herculian proportions.
There is no way this post is for real.

If anything I want an action game that rewards me for high level skill play, not grinding. I never liked the karma challenge in NG Sigma, but at least that was optional. This just feels like a chore. And I miss the old fast charging UT through essence too. Game felt much faster than trying to chain SoB :(

but I do appreciate (with the right type of enemies) the game throwing a large amount of enemies at you...man talking about feeling like a murderous machine, cutting through enemies. Glorious!

Aske

Just got around to beatig the game last night. Amusingly, of all the bosses, the dinosaur gave me the most grief. Great game. The kunoichi are beasts. Momiji I can take or leave, but Kasumi is a blast. Love her take on the Izuna.

danmaku

Got the game yesterday and played 2 hours straight with a sadistic grin on my face the whole time. This is Ninja Gaiden! Sure, Ryu is slower and the QTE are dumb, but the core combat is still fast, brutal and satisfying.

I don't know what to think about the Steel on Bone... it's cool when you nail it, but I feel that it makes the fights a bit too random. If you're successful, with a lvl2 Dragon Sword you can take out 3 or 4 enemies at once, making your life a lot easier, if you're not, you'll lose most of your health killing them one by one. UTs and ninpos are tied to the number of enemies you kill so you'll get one at regular intervals, but with SoB it's all or nothing.

edit: also, is it me or is the Guillotine Throw much harder to execute in this game? I kept trying but always got the Wind Path instead.

isual

Got the game yesterday and played 2 hours straight with a sadistic grin on my face the whole time. This is Ninja Gaiden! Sure, Ryu is slower and the QTE are dumb, but the core combat is still fast, brutal and satisfying.

I don't know what to think about the Steel on Bone... it's cool when you nail it, but I feel that it makes the fights a bit too random. If you're successful, with a lvl2 Dragon Sword you can take out 3 or 4 enemies at once, making your life a lot easier, if you're not, you'll lose most of your health killing them one by one. UTs and ninpos are tied to the number of enemies you kill so you'll get one at regular intervals, but with SoB it's all or nothing.

edit: also, is it me or is the Guillotine Throw much harder to execute in this game? I kept trying but always got the Wind Path instead.

Guillotine throw is useless in this game. I find that the old techniques, flying swallow, GT, are just not worth using in this game. It's all about eliminating the enemies asap. Cheap tactics/spam won't work.

In the last battle, I kept using the dragon sword, but I realized after a while it wasn't doing a lot of ki buildup. Lo and behold I switched back to the trusty lunar staff (that weapon paved master ninja for me in NG2), and bam. Final boss dead in 3 tries. shietttt

That red mask guy was tough. I just used dragon sword on him with strong attacks. I was using lunar staff for a long time, but then DS was much better. It's almost as if some weapons are much better to use in certain boss fights..

velociraptor

I'm playing this demo and what the fuck at the difficulty spike. I'm fighting three magical ninjas who are kicking my arse. I gave up after 20 retries. Help?

danmaku

I'm playing this demo and what the fuck at the difficulty spike. I'm fighting three magical ninjas who are kicking my arse. I gave up after 20 retries. Help?

You can break their shield with Y attacks, keep dodging and attack while they're charging their magic or recovering after a failed throw. When you see that one of them is injured (covered in blood), concentrate on him until he's dead. To make things easier, save a ninpo from the previous fight (for damage and healing) and charge a UT while you're waiting for them to spawn. I don't know why they made the demo so hard, that section of Day2 is much easier in the final game.

velociraptor

Thanks. That worked after a few good tries, lol.

This game is hard as hell. Reminds me of Ninja Gaiden Sigma - still have nightmares over it :p

Aske

Thanks. That worked after a few good tries, lol.

This game is hard as hell. Reminds me of Ninja Gaiden Sigma - still have nightmares over it :p

The game is all about timing, and once you have an enemy's patterns down, you can go to town. But where in previous games that might have meant spamming Flying Swallow, this game rewards you for getting much deeper into the combo system. I didn't use long strings that often in previous games; now I use them all the time. Longer combos build meter faster. And no more essence means no more unbroken UT chains. Creating distance and charging makes the UT much less easy to abuse; but now the game offers Steel on Bone chains to balance this out. It actually feels somewhat like Devil May Cry to me; certainly more than any previous NG game. RE is a satisfying blend of both approaches to combat design.

The Alchemists beat me down repeatedly the first time I faced them in the demo, but after a few tries I learned their patterns and started to tear them to pieces. They're well balanced, as are the old NG2 fire-wizards, and the Incendiary Shuriken guys who now toss bombs.

I'm not sure why people are still complaining about rocket spam, but it's nothing in this game. I didn't object to it in NG 2 the way others did, but RE recaptures the intensity without the cheapness. You just keep moving until you have your opening, then instant-Ninja-target and fire. It's two buttons. I've noticed the Black Spider Ninja will block projectiles with their rocket launchers on rare occasions, but for everyone else it's a one-hit kill.

I'm not saying the game is better than previous entries overall, but it does bring some worthwhile tweaks to the table. I honestly think that while vanilla NG3 sullied the franchise, RE is worthy of the NG name.

Continuing to play through Chapter Challenge with Kasumi. Her Windmill Shuriken is sweet. While playing the campaign as Ryu, I frequently thought about how tedious the game would be if players could only use his sword, as was the case when NG3 shipped. However, I don't think I'll ever get bored with Kasumi. She only has one weapon, but her combat is endlessly satisfying. Feels so odd that she's relegated to an unlockable bonus character with no part in the story.

That red mask guy was tough. I just used dragon sword on him with strong attacks. I was using lunar staff for a long time, but then DS was much better. It's almost as if some weapons are much better to use in certain boss fights..

Definitely the case. The Eclipse Scythe will murder many bosses in a few swings, though it can't be abused the way it could in NG2. I found the best tactic to use on the red mask boss was to let him chase Ryu, then toss out a 360 spin with the scythe every now and again. Even if he blocks it, it usually does decent damage - seemed quicker than picking away at him with a different weapon.

The Lunar is pretty much mandatory for the final boss, but I found I rarely used it for the rest of the game. I always wanted more power (scythe) or more speed (everything else). I need to play with it some more. I also want to screw around with the Kusari-Gama. Much more fun in this game than it was in NG2. But I miss the tonfas and flail. Be nice if they showed up as DLC.

Yeah it's a pretty good action game now. They cleaned up the input lag (somewhat), there are more viable strategies, and the new weapons and characters make it feel more fleshed out. The bosses like the t-rex are still pretty lame, though.

isual

The game is all about timing, and once you have an enemy's patterns down, you can go to town. But where in previous games that might have meant spamming Flying Swallow, this game rewards you for getting much deeper into the combo system. I didn't use long strings that often in previous games; now I use them all the time. Longer combos build meter faster. And no more essence means no more unbroken UT chains. Creating distance and charging makes the UT much less easy to abuse; but now the game offers Steel on Bone chains to balance this out. It actually feels somewhat like Devil May Cry to me; certainly more than any previous NG game. RE is a satisfying blend of both approaches to combat design.

The Alchemists beat me down repeatedly the first time I faced them in the demo, but after a few tries I learned their patterns and started to tear them to pieces. They're well balanced, as are the old NG2 fire-wizards, and the Incendiary Shuriken guys who now toss bombs.

I'm not sure why people are still complaining about rocket spam, but it's nothing in this game. I didn't object to it in NG 2 the way others did, but RE recaptures the intensity without the cheapness. You just keep moving until you have your opening, then instant-Ninja-target and fire. It's two buttons. I've noticed the Black Spider Ninja will block projectiles with their rocket launchers on rare occasions, but for everyone else it's a one-hit kill.

I'm not saying the game is better than previous entries overall, but it does bring some worthwhile tweaks to the table. I honestly think that while vanilla NG3 sullied the franchise, RE is worthy of the NG name.

Continuing to play through Chapter Challenge with Kasumi. Her Windmill Shuriken is sweet. While playing the campaign as Ryu, I frequently thought about how tedious the game would be if players could only use his sword, as was the case when NG3 shipped. However, I don't think I'll ever get bored with Kasumi. She only has one weapon, but her combat is endlessly satisfying. Feels so odd that she's relegated to an unlockable bonus character with no part in the story.

Definitely the case. The Eclipse Scythe will murder many bosses in a few swings, though it can't be abused the way it could in NG2. I found the best tactic to use on the red mask boss was to let him chase Ryu, then toss out a 360 spin with the scythe every now and again. Even if he blocks it, it usually does decent damage - seemed quicker than picking away at him with a different weapon.

The Lunar is pretty much mandatory for the final boss, but I found I rarely used it for the rest of the game. I always wanted more power (scythe) or more speed (everything else). I need to play with it some more. I also want to screw around with the Kusari-Gama. Much more fun in this game than it was in NG2. But I miss the tonfas and flail. Be nice if they showed up as DLC.

Same here. Would be great to see some DLC. Also, about the costumes, how do you unlock the last two ?

I'm playing on hard now, and it is becoming a bit of a challenge

Aske

Also, about the costumes, how do you unlock the last two ?

Ayane’s Blossom of Miyama – Collect all 50 Golden Scarabs
Ayane’s Phantom Butterfly – Purchase for 15 million Karma
Ayane’s Raging God – Nine of Violet – Find all 10 Crystal Skulls
Kasumi’s Brilliant Lapis – Purchase for 15 million Karma
Kasumi’s Gentle Snowfall – Complete 50 different trials with Kasumi
Kasumi’s Immaculate White – Complete 25 different trials with Kasumi
Momiji’s Ascetic White – Complete 25 different trials with Momiji
Momiji’s Indigo Happi – Complete 50 different trials with Momiji
Momiji’s Purifying Flame – Purchase for 15 million Karma
Ryu’s Dragon Muscle Suit – Find all 50 Golden Scarabs
Ryu’s Epigonos – Nightmare Brought to Life – Have a saved game from Ninja Gaiden 3
Ryu’s Fiend Hayabusa – Find all 10 Crystal Skulls
Ryu’s Traditional Dark Blue – Purchase for 3 million Karma

isual

The final boss is hard, how do I beat
these small monsters ?
:/

I used Lunar but couldn't do it, it's level 2.

supposed to be level 3 so you can get more hits and acquire more mp. Then unleash true inferno, and then voila, gg.

Aske

The final boss is hard, how do I beat
these small monsters ?
:/

I used Lunar but couldn't do it, it's level 2.

You should be able to survive with a level 2 Lunar. My tip would be to play it less safely with regard to the crystal drones. Don't worry about creating distance; just avoid the goddess' attacks and charge your UT. Release early only if you absolutely have to - call the drones' bluff. Watch your feet for reflections/shadows of impending goddess attacks, but focus on the attack patterns of the drones and timing your UT release. If you have to release the UT before it's charged, no big deal. You should be safe; create just enough distance and charge again. Stay to the left when possible because you'll be safe from the arm, and obviously OT or SoB the drones when you can. Otherwise, your UT will be the safest attack. Slide under her katana when she slashes the platform. Eventually you'll have built enough meter to unleash your ninpo, and after that she's easy.

been playing this game a lot. I know this is much better than the vanilla version, but I don't see how this isn't the best NG yet. Bringing back the finishers from NG2, making steal on bone, a throw counter, plus teleport evade, makes it hard to even think about going back and playing the originals. The bosses are ass, but I'm talking about the mechanics. My personal favorite.

Revan

Outta curiosity is the Dark Ryu one hit kill (SOB) with the Scythe still in the game or was it removed?

What I mean is when you beat the clone he turns into Dark Ryu. Wait for the fight to start - equip the Scythe and dodge his attacks until you see the SOB signifier - hit him with the Scythe and it's done.

Worked on all difficulty levels in RE on the WiiU...

Ok I managed to play a little of this today. Like Vanilla, I jumped in at Hard, unlike Vanilla I am getting my ass kicked.

However, it seem pretty clear that the difficulty in this game wasn't increased by the team looking at encounters and considering how to make them harder intelligently, but rather by hayashit headbutting a button on the wall engraved MORE

because thats it. The A.I doesn't seem particularly that impressive, the Enemies seem to do the exact same amount of damage, especially with grab and suicide moves, its just there is more of them. Its boring and and grindy and cheap.

id take IS ninja projectile spam over this any day of the week. You are fighting 20 enemies to get to another area, to fight another 20 enemies to fight a crappy mini boss, to fight 20 enemies, to have a cursed arm spaz out, to fight another 20 enemies, to fight a crappy boss

Deaths in this game feel cheap, because you dont feel you lost because a lack of skill, but rather you were worn down. I doesn't help that every enemy has at least one move that is executed in less frames than your block, but doesn't take much damage. As I said in the demo thread, This game expects you to no hurt basically everywhere, but doesn't give the tools, space or character responsiveness to do so.

That said, combat feels amazing and SOB actually feels like an amazing addition rather than a detriment in combat. But the slide, and the vunerabilty it creates is still garbage.

So is the tracking and auto aim. You spend Half your time correcting the mistakes the game has made, rather than implementing your own tactics

And seriously. FUCK the helicopters/GUNSHIP in this game whoever thought to put them in this game need his ass kicked.

The final stage of the gunship is borderline broken. There is not way to focus on the main threat over the flying grunts and it makes the fight such an exercise in frustration you will want to smash your controller, even as a series vet.

Overall I find it fun and im only two chapters deep. Ill post more once I have beat and dissected the game a little more.

jorgeton

been playing this game a lot. I know this is much better than the vanilla version, but I don't see how this isn't the best NG yet. Bringing back the finishers from NG2, making steal on bone, a throw counter, plus teleport evade, makes it hard to even think about going back and playing the originals. The bosses are ass, but I'm talking about the mechanics. My personal favorite.

IMHO it's better than NG 2 but not as good as NG black. The multiplayer and chapter challenges really give it longevity. Once it gets its hooks in you it's hard to put down.

currently at day 3. so far i'm havng a blast. you can see how hard the first test kicked my ass when i'm already sitting at 1000+ kills with the katana, lol. the second was surprisingly easier, or i'm just simply more familiar with the game now.

goddamn, why did they even bother with some of these bosses.

Played the PS3 demo for NG3:RE. It feels more difficult but not quite in the way that Ninja Gaiden Black and NG2 did.

Still feels like Ninja Blade.

Aske

This game would be so much better with a hard lock-on. I never missed it in previous games, but in RE it would make dodging into a SoB counter much more reliable, especially when fighting bosses. You can usually hit grunts while they're winding up, but bosses seem to prefer you to avoid their red attacks and land your own as they miss. You can't depend on the soft lock to allow you to fire back in time to take advantage of a SoB window after a sidestep. It's very annoying, more so because when I get it right it feels like I lucked out with the lock-on. It also seems easier to do with some bosses over others. Four-armed science guy is incredibly easy to SoB, because he's large enough to catch, but his attack is focused enough to subtly dodge while staying in range of the lock-on.

Ok I managed to play a little of this today. Like Vanilla, I jumped in at Hard, unlike Vanilla I am getting my ass kicked.

However, it seem pretty clear that the difficulty in this game wasn't increased by the team looking at encounters and considering how to make them harder intelligently, but rather by hayashit headbutting a button on the wall engraved MORE

because thats it. The A.I doesn't seem particularly that impressive, the Enemies seem to do the exact same amount of damage, especially with grab and suicide moves, its just there is more of them. Its boring and and grindy and cheap.

id take IS ninja projectile spam over this any day of the week. You are fighting 20 enemies to get to another area, to fight another 20 enemies to fight a crappy mini boss, to fight 20 enemies, to have a cursed arm spaz out, to fight another 20 enemies, to fight a crappy boss

Deaths in this game feel cheap, because you dont feel you lost because a lack of skill, but rather you were worn down. I doesn't help that every enemy has at least one move that is executed in less frames than your block, but doesn't take much damage. As I said in the demo thread, This game expects you to no hurt basically everywhere, but doesn't give the tools, space or character responsiveness to do so.

That said, combat feels amazing and SOB actually feels like an amazing addition rather than a detriment in combat. But the slide, and the vunerabilty it creates is still garbage.

So is the tracking and auto aim. You spend Half your time correcting the mistakes the game has made, rather than implementing your own tactics

And seriously. FUCK the helicopters/GUNSHIP in this game whoever thought to put them in this game need his ass kicked.

The final stage of the gunship is borderline broken. There is not way to focus on the main threat over the flying grunts and it makes the fight such an exercise in frustration you will want to smash your controller, even as a series vet.

Overall I find it fun and im only two chapters deep. Ill post more once I have beat and dissected the game a little more.

I agree with pretty much what you said, especially about the the way the game handles health and makes it feel like the players are being worn down. When I play the game I never get the sense that this game was meant/designed to be played as no damage-run, especially with the wave and combination of enemies this game throws at us.

Aske

I agree with pretty much what you said, especially about the the way the game handles health and makes it feel like the players are being worn down. When I play the game I never get the sense that this game was meant/designed to be played as no damage-run, especially with the wave and combination of enemies this game throws at us.

See, I'd disagree with that. I think the game is remarkably fair. I'm not a perfect player by any means, but I can't think of an attack that I can't evade or see how to evade. This isn't NG2, where you're constantly pelted with projectiles with no rhyme or reason. The projectiles in RE all have a distinct pattern, and an appropriate response window that's more than large enough to let the player fire back. Attack patterns can appear relentless, but they aren't especially chaotic or cheap.

Top Bottom