• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Direct 5/17 4PM CEST, 7AM PST, focus on First Party Wii U Summer Titles

kizmah

No megatons then but surely a date for W101 and Pikmin 3 (Eu) amongst other deails. Great to have these out of the way so E3 can be all about fall/winter.

Shenmue 3
Gunstar Heroes Rebirth
Star Tropics U
F-Zero UX
Metroid Dread
Super Mario Universe
Super Smash Bros. Riot
Panzer Dragon Saga Remake
Earthbound Collection
Seiken Densetsu 3 Localization
Igavania
Final Fantasy VII Remake Betrayalton

BELIEVE!

The Fall titles will be revealed in June. ;P

Frolow

Banned
The US press release says "updates on Wii U and Nintendo 3DS games launching this summer," not just Wii U.

If the EU one turns out to be focused solely on the Wii U then the 3DS announcements for the NA direct will probably just be release dates for some VC titles that still haven't gotten released in the states yet.

Hellraider

Spring/Summer huh?Can we expect any decent (retail games) announcements or are the release dates too close?

Games we know and a couple of e-shop titles are probably a lock.

prag16

Banned
Wonder if we'll get any new announcements. Probably not.

-Game&Wario
-Pikmin
-TW101
-Wii Fit U?
-Wii Party U?
-Luigi DLC

At the minimum we had better come out of this with dates for at least all those.

Third party stuff maybe? GTA/Destiny announcements (lol)? Deus Ex release date?

But wait, does Nintendo HAVE any "spring" titles?? Summer starts before Wario comes out... picardfacepalm.jpg

cacildo

I really hope they dont say anything about Pikmin 3 other than release date

I dont wanna hear anything about Pikimin 3 anymore

You´re talking about pikimin 3 for more than 3 years.

Im sick of pikimin 3

I dont even like pikimin

PLEASE, dont spend time talking about Pikimin 3.

jmizzal

Came came to post this

I expect the WiiU stuff will be
Pikmin 3
TW101
Wii FitU
Game and Wario
Wii U Party
maybe some 3rd party stuff

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
I'm having a hard time getting re-excited for titles that should have released 6 months ago.

Nintendo better announce something new and exciting...

AND THEN RELEASE SOMETHING!!

You are 100% on the money. I'm going to be disappointed if it's stuff we already know about. But knowing Nintendo. I'm going to set my expectations extremely low.

Flamfas

I'm not hoping for much from this first direct ...

Would be nice if Earthbound hit VC this summer though rather than in the fall.

Kimawolf

*hands off bags and gives ticket to conductor*

This is Kimawolf, I have a reservation for one on the hypetrain please. Thank you.

Good maybe we can see a different level of Wonderful 101 now!

As much as I love my 3DS and Nintendo games in general, just the sight of Reggie's, Iwata's and Miyamoto's face makes me want to smash shit it up. I dunno whether it is just me, but their faces look smug as shit lol

Meier

Can't wait. Hope they announce a Wii U price drop here in the US.. I'm waiting for Pikmin to come out to get it but if I could get it for less or with a bundle, I'd be thrilled.

Why the inclusion of 3DS in the title?

Because this:

969733_457895850961540_1043686811_n.jpg

tajd

Banned
so 3ds and wii u spring and summer titles

please dont get hyped its only gonna be about titles we know

more info on NSLU & MARIO & Luigi DREAM TEAM

Effect

No Japan Direct? Probably no special new announcements then.

Isn't it like the middle of the night over there. Give it a few hours. These announcements don't always release at the same time. There have been times when Japan announces a ND only for NoA and NoE to announce several hours later.

Oh well, no reveals then. Anyway, HYPE! This conference will be good to get us all hyped for the Fall Releases one. I want a Wii U price drop so that I have an excuse to finally get it. Can't wait!

ari

Banned
Surely they are rushing games out at this point?

Would not be surprise if wind waker HD and Wii sports/fit be released this summer. Coupled with an embassador program with a price drop, and something else unexpected to be announce here

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Have to assume there'll be a release date for Wonderful 101 and a bit more of a focus on that. Its been a ghost for the launch period, far moreso than Pikmin.

Top Bottom