• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for May 2014 [Up1: Wii U Hardware]

Microsoft, post if you're okay.

Haha. That pretty much nails it. The situation for MS must be *really* bad if they can't find any way to spin it whatsoever.

However, unlike a lot of people, I still think they can turn it around, and I'm looking forward to what they'll do to make that happen (because, ultimately, gamers should benefit).

ZSaberLink

Media Create Maven
I think this is Reggie's actual quote btw:
"In the two weeks prior to the launch, versus what we've seen now following the launch, we're selling at a daily rate four times higher than where we were before."

That's actually more specific than I expected. When was this quote actually reported by Reggie? Which publication did he report this to (in case someone needs to look this up)?

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
A 4x increase is a 300% increase, not 400%. Otherwise a 100% increase would mean an increase of multiple of 1...

I didn't say increase in that post.

Edit: I checked back earlier in the thread and I had a 400% increase slip. But all the calculations are done with 4x => 48k per week

Handy Fake

138.gif

Unless he means: "Xbox One is off to the hottest start in Xbox One history....We look forward to the next chapter of the new generation."

In which case he's probably right.

wsippel

Banned
Ah my mistake then. I would be curious to know Amazon's marketshare in Germany although I'm certain it's much less.

In the US though Amazon has a signficant portion of US retail even if it is less than 10% and shouldn't be so easily dismissed
It's not as high. Was 1% two years ago and supposedly grew significantly faster than anticipated, but I don't think they have more than 4% market share. Just thought it was interesting that it continued to rise for two weeks after the game launched. I don't think the absolute numbers can be deducted in any way or shape from those charts, but it might hint at trends. And it seems to match what Reggie hinted at I guess, so... maybe?

gtj1092

Still no PS4 or Xbox One sales. Latter isn't that surprising but in terms of the former, does that mean that the PS4 did worse than last month?

Would assume that an increase in sales would be stated by Sony; especially due to Watch_Dogs being a big release for the system.

Lol you post in theses threads every month. You know Sony doesn't put out PR.

vinnygambini

Why are strippers at the U.N. bad when they're great at strip clubs???
Thanks Banana and Shinra - the mix-up was confusing at first.

Thank you for the clarifications.

Next chapter means:

"We're really looking forward to closing the book on everything that fuckwit Don Mattrick did because we're tired of getting our asses kicked up and down the street."

The price drop helps them begin to compete in this new "chapter," but it's not enough.

Jigorath

Banned
Still no PS4 or Xbox One sales. Latter isn't that surprising but in terms of the former, does that mean that the PS4 did worse than last month?

Would assume that an increase in sales would be stated by Sony; especially due to Watch_Dogs being a big release for the system.

How often does Sony even report NPD numbers?

prag16

Banned
Eh, it's only up 95% in terms of revenue. That's good news, no doubt, but it's not gonna be quite as good as you think.

Hardware revenue or overall revenue? If hardware only, that'd be better with lower priced SKUs. If overall, yes, it's not as good.

Top Bottom