• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for October 2015 [Up1: Xbox #1]

Guerrilla

Wow, I usually don't partake all that much in these threads. But Halo 5 <1M and PS4 <300K even though it was its price cut month. That's insane

I just wanna see those multiplayer stats for Halo 5 when it's 3-4 months in. The legs will be "telling" then. I hope FyreWulff will be able to break it down again then.
Yeah, sales are down considerably but still I'm more interested how well Halo 5 keeps it playerbase, as we know 4 saw considerable stop and never came back. And I'm interested to see how much MS bundles Halo after LE bundle stops selling.

Wow, I usually don't partake all that much in these threads. But Halo 5 <1M and PS4 <300K even though it was its price cut month. That's insane

Ok, just woke up, having gone to bed immediately after it was confirmed the XO won.

Are these numbers real???

If so, Whiskey, Tango, Foxtrot?!?!?

That's insanely bad! So the XO only sold 300k? And H5 pretty much bombed (comparatively) with a bigger drop compared to H3 than even in the UK? What?!?

Was there some sorts of mass job losses across the US last month I didn't hear about ir something???

What's wrong with Halo 5 selling just under 1m in October, in one territory? Sounds pretty good to me. This is not the mid Noughties anymore, the Halo franchise is no longer top tier anymore and sits somewhere between Heavy Rain and TLOU in terms of sales clout.

NoPiece

This shows us we need a crash 1-3 remake. A new sky cooper , motorstorms and I hope sucker punch isn't doing a infamous.

I'd like to guess tomb raider will do sub 1 million but November is a different beast. It's a must buy a gift time. Halo will end up doing ok but that is simply horrible for a halo game. That's getting into a lot of territory of many other series in the past.

Can we get a list of assassin creed numbers? Use to seeing the gloating of ubi pr

I think it shows even great IP gets tired, and unless you are investing in new game IP you are eventually going to run out of sales. We don't need more remakes or reboots or sequels, we need the Gears of War, the Demon's Souls, the Uncharted, the Mass Effect of this generation - the games that are fresh and show off something new with the hardware.

Zalman

Wait, did Rock Band do better than Guitar Hero? Surely I'm missing something? Because that would be pretty crazy in my eyes.

Cool to see Yoshi charted, it's a really great game.

Guerrilla

Ok, just woke up, having gone to bed immediately after it was confirmed the XO won.

Are these numbers real???

If so, Whiskey, Tango, Foxtrot?!?!?

That's insanely bad! So the XO only sold 300k? And H5 pretty much bombed (comparatively) with a bigger drop compared to H3 than even in the UK? What?!?

Was there some sorts of mass job losses across the US last month I didn't hear about ir something???

I think console numbers are pretty much real, H5 seem uncertain.

In 5 days? That's insane, especially for one country. First month I could see. Damn it was a juggernaut back then.

Yeah it launched on September 25th. Halo Reach and 4 also were at 3.3 million in their first NPD's and while they had more days to sell these huge AAA games are often very very front loaded.

For Halo to be sub 1 million is a disaster.

Just the idea if cream leaving us too is scary. If he really does, there will be no one to share the numbers anymore. Also, it seems like most of the usual Sales-Agers have left the thread.

I'm half joking about ol NPD George

but Cream skipping the thread is a little bizarre. If he left that would be very very shitty. He's our last shot at actual NPD numbers

Mory Dunz

Probably reasonable if Nintendo puts any effort at all into advertising it. I expect it to take that big end-of-May release date next year (May 27) like Splatoon this year and Mario Kart 8 the year before.

Yeah, if they advertise it, 500k may be possible. (not expecting it though)

Unlike some of Nintendo's other games (w101, STEAM, Kirby U, etc) this should be really easy to advertise and get the point across.

"Throw-down with your favorite pokemon"

Javin98

Banned

but Cream skipping the thread is a little bizarre
I know, first we had to wait way longer than usual for PR, then VentureBeat was really late with their article, and the software top 10 came in late as well. Now cream hasn't shown up at all? Something seems very fishy about this NPD.

Shin-chan

but Cream skipping the thread is a little bizarre. If he left that would be very very shitty. He's our last shot at actual NPD numbers
Especially on such a bizarre NPD where the PR was late and the software chart was also late. Everything is late this month. Oh well.

Edit: I guess I now see why so many publishers hold off until November to release games. Software sales this month look terrible. The only way to make a splash is to take your chances in November or to be the big fish in a little pond much earlier in the year (like WD and Arkham Knight). I mean, we all knew this was the case but I did think October and December were exceptions and that we ought to see more releases using these two months to avoid November.

Then there are the titles that must release before the end of the financial year, which makes February and March pretty stacked.

I know, first we had to wait way longer than usual for PR, then VentureBeat was really late with their article, and the software top 10 came in late as well. Now cream hasn't shown up at all? Something seems very fishy about this NPD.

Especially on such a bizarre NPD where the PR was late and the software chart was also late. Everything is late this month. Oh well.

And the mysterious appearance of Georgie.

ITS ALL CONNECTED

MS doesn't want the numbers to be revealed xD

NolbertoS

Where's my applie pie with vanilla ice cream :'(. Need something to munch on. And good on Xbox One to at least throw everything including the kitchen sink on those Xbox One bundle sales.

Yeah, sales are down considerably but still I'm more interested how well Halo 5 keeps it playerbase, as we know 4 saw considerable stop and never came back. And I'm interested to see how much MS bundles Halo after LE bundle stops selling.
Game in its current state along with forge btb maps aren't doing it any favors.

It's a game with 30 percent multiplayer from its former self.so these numbers are looking fair to me.

panda-zebra

*checks back to predictions thread, looks for a certain user's first post*

NPD_George is Pachter: confirmed.

Not for me. I bought halo 5 and it was awesome. I just bought tomb raider as well so my gaming weekend is going to be great!

Living The Greatest Games Lineup In The History Of Xbox dream.

Javin98

Banned
MS doesn't want the numbers to be revealed xD
I'm somewhat serious, though. It seems like all those things coming out late along with the disappearance of creamsugar is mysterious. I don't mean to sound like a conspiracy theorist, but I wonder if it is somehow related.

I'd be interested to see the relative attach rate compared to halo 3 That's they key for me. If there were 2 times the number of 360s around at its release any monthly sales figures for halo 5 that are 40% or above of those of the previous game are good bearing in mind the relatively poor start xbone had. I'd also need to see if either first months had anomalous 5 week launch months.

Any ideas?

Well, Halo bundle pre-sales did not make the cut.
And maybe Star Wars / COD pre-sales damaged PS4 numbers.
Also people held back their money for black friday.
So far there is no reason to panic (maybe for MS it is).
If November doesn't bring in the harvest big time this will be end of days though.

Halo below 1 mio. is nuts.
I'm somewhat serious, though. It seems like all those things coming out late along with the disappearance of creamsugar is mysterious. I don't mean to sound like a conspiracy theorist, but I wonder if it is somehow related.

Tin foil hat time.

Well, Halo bundle pre-sales did not make the cut.
And maybe Star Wars / COD pre-sales damaged PS4 numbers.
Also people held back their money for black friday.
So far there is no reason to panic (maybe for MS it is).
If November doesn't bring in the harvest big time this will be end of days though.

Halo below 1 mio. is nuts.

Does MS have to panic because of Halo 5 selling poorly? Sub 1 mil for a former biggest entwrtainment launch in history franchise does seem bad.

I'd be interested to see the relative attach rate compared to halo 3 That's they key for me. If there were 2 times the number of 360s around at its release any monthly sales figures for halo 5 that are 40% or above of those of the previous game are good bearing in mind the relatively poor start xbone had. I'd also need to see if either first months had anomalous 5 week launch months.

Any ideas?
I thought xb1 was way above 360 sales.... Do people know what is going on with sales in this thread

Courtesy of Oscar Lemaire:
CTrF2dWWEAEpGVC.jpg

https://twitter.com/oscarlemaire/status/665061436465545216

Edit: should have said it earlier sorry, physical only, one week for Halo 5, two for Halo 3 and three for the others.

Does MS have to panic because of Halo 5 selling poorly? Sub 1 mil for a former biggest entwrtainment launch in history franchise does seem bad.

I'm not sure they are panicking, but I'm sure they are looking at how they handle the franchise and what their long term goals and the handling of it will be. You don't decrease this much and just say "Fuck it, its all good".

That's why I think they really might end up finally putting Halo on PC

Top Bottom