• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for October 2015 [Up1: Xbox #1]

Hoo-doo

Banned
Courtesy of Oscar Lemaire:
CTrF2dWWEAEpGVC.jpg

https://twitter.com/oscarlemaire/status/665061436465545216

This being Microsoft's biggest franchise, that has got to sting.

I have a feeling Gears is going to drop in a similar fashion. Just transferring an IP to developers that have had zero involvement in it's original success kills a franchise fast.

Halo 5 selling around the same as TLoU in NPD 0_0

Honestly, Halo 5's decline is more than a user base problem. I also don't buy the other shooters reason as Halo 4 and Reach were going up against COD at its prime.

Ombala

Destiny, CoD and Battlefront really stole Halos thunder.
And ppl must have been really dissatisfied with H4 and MCC too.

I have a feeling Gears is going to drop in a similar fashion. Just transferring an IP to developers that have had zero involvement in it's original success kills a franchise fast.

It's a shame that people are missing out because Halo 5 is a fucking incredible game, honestly some of the most fun I've had gaming in years.

When I'm not being screwed by being placed in US servers which may as well be on the moon

Ombala

Halo 5 selling around the same as TLoU in NPD 0_0

Honestly, Halo 5's decline is more than a user base problem. I also don't buy the other shooters reason as Halo 4 and Reach were going up against COD at its prime.
It's not a userbase problem stop with that nonsense.

How was the PS4 number calculated?

Both numbers are really damn low. Are people holding out for BF or is the age of gaming done?

ZHuge posted the combined xb1+ps4 number, so it was simple. I forget how they got 304k for xb1. I think there was some PR saying the % increase from last year or last month or something like that. CosmicQueso (if I'm spelling it right) also had a nod that xb1 outside ps4 by only a bit, so I think the numbers are correct.

c0de

He's a journalist who has some sources (don't know for NPD though). He's on Gaf I don't want to talk for him but I can say that he's very reliable.

I won't doubt whether he is reliable, not at all. But the source of the graph is unknown, it could very well be GAF. Especially given his earlier tweeted hardware number that was also posted a lot in this thread.

Mrbob

So in other words it's a completely meaningless graph?

Not really. Insiders have basically said around 20 percent is the high end for digital percentage. So you can bump the number up to a little over a million and it still looks bad relative to other games in the franchise.

The PS4 sold less than 300k during a price drop month with a new bundle and a big release? Isn't that pretty damn bad?

To be honest yes. For the market leader to be that low in its first official price cut month is pretty rough imo

BUT I and many others think its somewhat "artificially low" due to a large number of potential purchases going into the bundles in November.

November will answer a lot of questions on this months hardware for PS4

leeh

Not really meaningless but it's strange to do the graph the way he did because many will just look at the bars and ignore what is written above.
Yep, don't put numbers in a graph which you can't compare. He should of just listed the numbers and the differences between them.

Jumeira

Banned

Think your naive to believe that. Many other factors are more likely, such as greater competition, sour taste left by previous games and general franchise fatigue. H5 is one of the best Halo's made, its certainly one of the best MP fps on consoles. It'll have positive WOM to keep it going. And Gears is being made by one of the original leads, if its awesome it'll be fine, the series hasnt diminished due to quality or broken game releases. The spin off to Gears was perhaps a mistake though, I can see that impacting sales, not by much though.

Top Bottom