• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Out of the Game Ep. 1, aka that podcast with Shawn, N'Gai, Jeff, Luke, and Robert

Quasar

Flavius said:
I skipped through the podcast here and there last night and plan on giving it a full listen on the ride into my office tomorrow, so I apologize if I'm misinterpreting folks on the podcast. Didn't someone (was it Robert?) mention something about wanting to use Twitter to carry a conversation? That seemed bizarre to me in that, if I really wanted to have a conversation with someone, I'd choose a method of conversing with someone that didn't limit me to 140 characters (or whatever the hell the limit is).

That doesn't strike me as that odd, but then I've had plenty of conversations on BBS chatrooms and IRC for instance over the years. Admittedly the character limit can be a little restrictive, though its easy to break thoughts up over two tweets.

Of course I've moved a little over to Friendfeed lately which seems to work better for me, and offers up a range of other features.

WaltJay

Great show guys. I can't say I expected to hear Jeff Green's views on N.W.A., but it was a welcome surprise. :D

FYI, it's pronounced Rakim (like Lil' Kim, Jimmy Kimmel, or Kimbo Slice), not Rakeem (like dream, cream, mean).

Also, I'm glad it's not purely about games because there are too many of those nowadays. Gaming podcasts are becoming like gaming blogs; they all talk about the same thing the same way with maybe one line of originality mixed in. It's a regurgitation of a regurgitation.

Owensboro

VisionaryQuest0 said:
Which lead to some awesome talk about what music Luke's been listening to. I'm now gonna check out that DJ Neil Armstrong mixtape N'Gai mentioned.

I don't supposed anyone can recommend 1 of the albums they have on Dj Neil Armstrong's site can they? I assume he's talking about the album "Original", as it seems to be all 90's stuff (they were talking about hearing all the now cliche tracks, and where they original came from). If not that, which other one?

I was able to get a copy of "Warmfuzzy", which is pretty awesome so far. i was just looking to find the exact CD N'Gai was talking about.

abrasion

Banned
All this needs is Shane and Anthony and it's got the perfect cast.
Haven't listened to Episode 1 yet but anything with Shawn and Robert has to be good.
Roberts guest episode of Rebel FM was worth listening to for his description of God of War on it's own.

FartOfWar

Banned
WaltJay said:
Great show guys. I can't say I expected to hear Jeff Green's views on N.W.A., but it was a welcome surprise. :D

FYI, it's pronounced Rakim (like Lil' Kim, Jimmy Kimmel, or Kimbo Slice), not Rakeem (like dream, cream, mean).

Also, I'm glad it's not purely about games because there are too many of those nowadays. Gaming podcasts are becoming like gaming blogs; they all talk about the same thing the same way with maybe one line of originality mixed in. It's a regurgitation of a regurgitation.
Thanks. Also, I'll pimp this since I took the trouble to write it today: http://shawnelliott.blogspot.com/

I just got an email from iTunes telling me that approval is pending.

beelzebozo

Jealous Bastard
huddle up, huddle up!

whas goan sell, whas goan sell!? peppy, froot cocktail!?

y'all know what profit sharing mean? huh? huh? even eli know what that mean!

luoapp said:
Can somebody bring back Shane Bettenhausen, please?:D

As much as I love Shane (especially on Retronauts, the man is a walking encyclopedia of game knowledge) the times I remember him going off topic were usually about celebrity gossip :/

I finally read World War Z this weekend after hearing Croal recommend it last episode

Really good read, he did a horrible job of selling it, N'Gai, the blind gardener and the Chinese sub crew? Why not the breakdown of the suburban family as food got scare or something much mote interesting? :D

an hour ago from Shawn's twitter
TEH-749.gif

Its been more than a month since episode 15. Is the podcast dead? I imagine it must be really difficult for this group to coordinate a day where everyone is available. Its a shame, I loved this podcast.

That's gotta be a joke. I'm sure he can't talk about the game he's working on, but why in the world would he not be able to talk about any other games?

Axiom

It makes no sense unless Shawn got in trouble for something he said. This also doesn't bode well
for another Brodeo reunion.

Top Bottom