• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pepsi officially announces their first phone, the P1s

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, that Pepsi.

Pepsi-Phone-P1.jpg

Pepsi-Phone-P11.jpg

• 5.5-inch (1080 x 1920 pixels) Full HD 2.5D Curved Screen display
  • 1.7 GHz Octa-core MediaTek MT6592 processor with Mali 450-MP4 GPU
  • 2GB RAM, 16GB internal memory, microSD expansion slot
  • Hybrid Dual SIM (second nano SIM slot can also be used as microSD slot)
  • dido OS 6.1 based on Android 5.1 (Lollipop)
  • 13MP rear camera with LED Flash
  • 5MP front-facing camera
  • Fingerprint sensor
  • Dimensions: 152.2 ×76.2×7.7 mm; Weight: 158g
  • 4G LTE / 3G, WiFi 802.1 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS
  • 3000mAh battery
It has 4G LTE connectivity and dual SIM support that lets you use the second nano SIM slot as a microSD slot when required. Pepsi is just licensing its branding, and Shenzhen Scooby Communication Equipment Co., Ltd will manufacture the phone. The standard version of the phone is called P1 and the China Unicom version with FDD-LTE support is called P1s.
The Pepsi Phone P1s comes in Blue, Gold and Silver colors and is available for order through crowdfunding campaign on jd.com in China. Early bird offer of 499 yuan (Rs. 5170 / US$ 78 approx.) is sold out, but you can still order one at 699 yuan (Rs. 7250 / US$ 110 approx.), which is limited to 1000 orders. If this sells out, there will be another 1000 units up for grabs at 999 yuan, after that it will be available at 1299 yuan till the funding ends. It also comes with a protective cover, USB cable and a charger, and you can also choose the color of the phone when ordering. The company aims to reach the goal of 3,000,000 Yuan (US$ 46,9950 approx.) by December 3rd.

So it's a Chinese phone, but if it's anything like most Chinese phones, it'll work in NA anyways on most providers... So importing one on the cheap isn't impossible.

I may actually buy one of these for a backup for my Z3 if it gets a stock 6.0 custom ROM, rather than the Chinese skin on top of 5.1. Also, a black or white back would look nicer than the Gold. Maybe the blue will look nicer?

Announce a Coke phone if this news is old. The leak was posted here before, but Pepsi denied it and it's been well over a month since that thread.

This reminds me of the early 80s when a bunch of weird companies were making PCs and video game consoles.

I'm sure it will do just as well as the Facebook and Amazon phones.

ItIsOkBro

Chinese phones are great man at this point you'd be crazy to go with Samsung and the like.

So cheap, quality control is the only worry but I can imagine that Pepsi cares about its brand more than others.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
I sorta want this just for the novelty of telling people I have a Pepsi phone. And then I have to explain I got it because they didn't have a Coke phone.

Furyous

NO, solely off the inclusion of a mediatek SOC, and 16 GB of storage with a 1080p display. This is not worth the value over the long-term given Mediatek's relationship with developers.

Red

That's actually pretty impressive for $110.

Oh shit, it actually starts at less than $80? Is this for real?

Aureon

Please do not let me serve on a jury. I am actually a crazy person.
How do i buy one of these for 110$?
Can i flash stock android on it?
... Seriously, 110$?

That's actually pretty impressive for $110.

Oh shit, it actually starts at less than $80? Is this for real?

How do i buy one of these for 110$?
Can i flash stock android on it?
... Seriously, 110$?

Chinese phones are cheap.

For flashing stock Android, you're gonna have to wait and see what the folks over at XDA do with it.

Also, one thing that's neat: The phone's unibody is entirely made of aluminum.

Is there a link for the crowdfunding? And can it be bought internationally? Thats a real nice phone for 110$.

http://z.jd.com/project/details/30677.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom