• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pepsi officially announces their first phone, the P1s

Status
Not open for further replies.
wait today isn't april 1st...... is it??/

P1?? WOW such an original name. What's with phone manufacturers naming their phones "one"? What's the slogan, "better than coke zero"?

Principate

Saint Titanfall
wait today isn't april 1st...... is it??/

P1?? WOW such an original name. What's with phone manufacturers naming their phones "one"? What's the slogan, "better than coke zero"?

Honestly I think it's because it's the first Pepsi phone, You'll probably get P2 and P3 down the line. It's XB1 which really made no sense.

I assume this won't work on Verizon, right? None of these phones ever do.

If it did though....I might buy one. I've got a Galaxy S6 Edge and I would still rock the Pepsi phone.

Really, you've got that amazing colour-scheme going and your phone is just plain white? Why not make something interesting?

Few questions:

1) Are we sure that they actually received licensing rights from Pepsi? The website is basically the Chinese equivalent of Kickstarter, so it seems a bit fishy.

2) Here is the radio included in the phone:
http://img30.360buyimg.com/cf/jfs/t2038/193/1192179591/246503/92121b7/564d65bdN154640bf.png

It doesn't appear to be compatible with Verizon, correct?

3) Can a US resident even order the phone? It says they have free domestic shipping, but I'm not seeing anything regarding international shipping.

Frodo

Even a Pepsi phone starting at less than US$100 has a full HD screen and the iPhone 6s doesn't. lol

That phone looks super nice, tbh. That OS, though...

Few questions:

1) Are we sure that they actually received licensing rights from Pepsi? The website is basically the Chinese equivalent of Kickstarter, so it seems a bit fishy.

2) Here is the radio included in the phone:
http://img30.360buyimg.com/cf/jfs/t2038/193/1192179591/246503/92121b7/564d65bdN154640bf.png

It doesn't appear to be compatible with Verizon, correct?

3) Can a US resident even order the phone? It says they have free domestic shipping, but I'm not seeing anything regarding international shipping.

1) yes

2) probably not

3) no idea

sestrugen

And its the choice of a new generation...

mWPlKoh.gif

5f529b611b90b2fd494378f7af76ffc0.jpg

I am in China right now, just ordered me one for kicks.
I put Pepsi blue in the comments so hopefully they send me that one.
Thanks GAF!

sohois

If you want a cheap Chinese phone there are plenty of known, somewhat reliable brands out there.

You certainly don't need to get the fucking Pepsi phone

kittoo

Cretinously credulous
It has exactly the same features as Mi4 and it seems even cheaper than that (actually it depends on how much it will cost when it launches in India but hey)! Didnt think such a thing was possible!

It has exactly the same features as Mi4 and it seems even cheaper than that (actually it depends on how much it will cost when it launches in India but hey)! Didnt think such a thing was possible!

The 499/699/999 RMB are kickstarter price, the regular price will be 1299 RMB.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
hm.

marketing your brand by creating a product that isn't your actual money-making product is kind of interesting

sohois

If you're looking for a really cheap Chinese phone, then go for jiayu or siswoo.

For those looking for a Chinese make with slightly more cachet, xiaomi and meizu are probably the 2 best. The LeTV phone is supposed.to be really good as well.

Also bear in mind, all of the manufacturers will have flagships and budget models.

If you're generally interested, I would also recommended going to do your own research. There are reviewers and communities out there for Chinese tech

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom