• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pepsi officially announces their first phone, the P1s

Status
Not open for further replies.
The P1? More like the P.U.

This device from Pepsi is served flat and lukewarm. With these lack of features, you may think you got the diet version.

R.I.P. Gene Shallot

krae_man

Explain. I didn't get the reference. :(

Pepsi had a commercial for Pepsi points that included a Stealth bomber or something for "3 million Pepsi points" or whatever as a joke. If you recall, you could buy extra Pepsi points for 10 cents each if you didn't have enough. Someone mailed one 10 point liner and a check for a couple mil and said "one jet plane please" since they were worth 10x the Pepsi point cash value and sued when Pepsi refused to honor.

I don't think Pepsi lost, they just settled out of court.

Pepsi had a commercial for Pepsi points that included a Stealth bomber or something for "3 million Pepsi points" or whatever as a joke. If you recall, you could buy extra Pepsi points for 10 cents each if you didn't have enough. Someone mailed one 10 point liner and a check for a couple mil and said "one jet plane please" since they were worth 10x the Pepsi point cash value and sued when Pepsi refused to honor.

I don't think Pepsi lost, they just settled out of court.

According to wiki little wise guy who mailed in a 700k check and sued Pepsi lost the case because the judge's reasoning was "any sane person would know it was a joke".

If mean, if Taco Bell had a phone, why not Pepsi?

lQAXZ4t.jpg

FLCL shirt AND an N-Gage? That pic is peak 2004

Few questions:

1) Are we sure that they actually received licensing rights from Pepsi? The website is basically the Chinese equivalent of Kickstarter, so it seems a bit fishy.

2) Here is the radio included in the phone:
http://img30.360buyimg.com/cf/jfs/t2038/193/1192179591/246503/92121b7/564d65bdN154640bf.png

It doesn't appear to be compatible with Verizon, correct?

3) Can a US resident even order the phone? It says they have free domestic shipping, but I'm not seeing anything regarding international shipping.

If you look into the radio spec, the P1S version has all the radio listed in the P1 version, it just has a few more (for the China Unicom 4G). I am getting one for TMobile US so I think either version should be fine.

My contact in China has "kickstarted" the ¥699 blue version for me. So I will see what happen.

I don't know if this kickstarter will be funded tbh. There are still plenty of slot left for the 699 tier, and only 1 person has backed the ¥999 version because the 999 version just come with more useless crap (selfie stick etc)

You really can't buy one right now from oversea. Even if you have a qq or wechat account to login to jd.com, you still need a Chinese bank account online login. So buy it from taobao or aliexpress later from a third party vendor is the only option. Both accept normal credit cards and ship oversea.

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
I dunno, I probably trust Pepsi's phone-making abilities as much or more than Huawei or Coolpad or whatever.

Firstly, those look tacky as fuck.

Secondly, I can't help but say pee-on in my head when I read the name. First ever phone targeted towards golden shower enthusiasts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom