• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Person of Interest |OT| Michael Emerson plays a mysterious dude

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
The just took away Baman's Batcomputer...

Are we supposed to know her?
#root was an offscreen hacker in an earlier episode. Was really good, and was always a step ahead of Harold. Like an evil version of him. At the end of her episode, she killed the "bad guy" she was helping, and covered up his death as a suicide. She has nothing against killing people.

The just took away Baman's Batcomputer...

#root was an offscreen hacker in an earlier episode. Was really good, and was always a step ahead of Harold. Like an evil version of him. At the end of her episode, she killed the "bad guy" she was helping, and covered up his death as a suicide. She has nothing against killing people.

My mom she talked to him in the library in one episode? I've watched all the recent ones but I just can't remember her for some reason. :/ Does Hulu or anything have the episodes or do we have to wait until dvd?

Exile550

Oh wow, that was AWESOME!!!!!!!!!

Carter and Fosco couldn't have met in a better way. So freaking good. Can't wait for next season!

Lonestar

My mom she talked to him in the library in one episode? I've watched all the recent ones but I just can't remember her for some reason. :/ Does Hulu or anything have the episodes or do we have to wait until dvd?

Talked to him over a irc private message, something like that. All we had to go on is she called herself root, and had black fingernail polish, and was a woman.

and yes, season 2 NOOOOOW

Talked to him over a irc private message, something like that. All we had to go on is she called herself root, and had black fingernail polish, and was a woman.

and yes, season 2 NOOOOOW

Alright, that's what she said he got a message once from her but that was it. I hate all these cliffhangers, it'll be ages until the season starts again.

Nobility

Banned
I can't find the gif I was looking for so i'll just post the first thing that comes into my mind.

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

I TOLD YOU WE WOULD SEE HER EVENTUALLY!!!!

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

That ending...so good.

I need the season premier yesterday, September is shaping to be a pretty strong TV season.

RangersFan

so awesome! so what is everyone's take on reese talking directly to the machine? is someone else in control? who would be on the phone? is the machine really truly self aware and alive?

Nobility

Banned
so awesome! so what is everyone's take on reese talking directly to the machine? is someone else in control? who would be on the phone? is the machine really truly self aware and alive?

I remember that quote from Finch last week "It maintains itself, updates itself, patches itself." I think it makes more sense that the machine recognizes Reese than someone in the inside.

Reminds me of the Root episode and it (person controlling it?) recognized that Reese was a threat to the system and chose to monitor him.

Lonestar

I remember that quote from Finch last week "It maintains itself, updates itself, patches itself." I think it makes more sense that the machine recognizes Reese than someone in the inside.

Reminds me of the Root episode and it (person controlling it?) recognized that Reese was a threat to the system and chose to monitor him.

Just so many more mysteries...

Who knows, the machine calling him, might be the program recognizing him as a person to give out the SSN number, so that Reese can both carry on, as well as possibly be informed in a way to find Harold.

BTW: Total Badass Batman-like moment, when Harold killed all the phone coverages in lower Manhattan :lol

Lonestar

lol thats what totally came to mind when that happened.

And I'm not exactly sure why I thought of it. Maybe it's some strange mixture of Batman Begin's (Year One also) with the Bat Swarm, and TDK and the Cell Phone Sonar. Guess also Batman in Hong Kong. Like a "heh, you don't know who you're messing with, coppers" moment.

Ripclawe

Banned
Thankfully its not the other scifi female summer glau as root or I would fear for the show's renewal chances...

I would like to think its the machine and not a person and it will send reese random text messages to help him along for a bit next season

Rokam

So many bad guys for next season; FBI, CIA, Reese's Partner, Elias, Root, and the remnants of HR. Not to mention all the various dangling threads, Nathan's death, his son looking into what happened, Finch's injury. Got enough fodder for quite some time. Probably missed some.

So good.

My wild theory is that Finch's friend that is supposedto be dead (Nathan?) is really alive managing the machine and sending Finch the numbers the machine generates using the contingency plan he built in.

Rokam

So good.

My wild theory is that Finch's friend that is supposedto be dead (Nathan?) is really alive managing the machine and sending Finch the numbers the machine generates using the contingency plan he built in.

I thought they may go the human plugged into the machine in a catatonic-like state route and the government used Nathan, but figured it'd probably too weird for tv... works well in video games!

Wiktor

Wow...just..wow. I can't remember when was the last time I've seen episode this intensive. Amazing, simply amazing show. So many plot threads converged into one, the ridiculously good root twist, John talking to machine, Harold turning the cells off, Fusco and Carter teaming up.

It's just incredible how good this show has turned out.

Also..I think the machine is self-aware. It could recognize Ingram being a threat earlier on.

Rokam

Wow...just..wow. I can't remember when was the last time I've seen episode this intensive. Amazing, simply amazing show. So many plot threads converged into one, the ridiculously good root twist, John talking to machine, Harold turning the cells off, Fusco and Carter teaming up.

It's just incredible how good this show has turned out.

Also..I think the machine is self-aware. It could recognize Ingram being a threat earlier on.

I really like how they use villains who you wouldn't really picture as bad guys. The actors do a pretty damn good job of hiding that fact as well. Elias and now Root have been great, wasn't expecting the double cross.

This season really impressed me. I had my doubts it would fester in the complacent tenor that most CBS procedurals give in to, but it's just gotten better and better - not quite a Spartacus turnaround, but a good season nonetheless. Roll on season two.

Enco

Completely caught up with this show after seeing this thread and damn it's good. Not usually a fan of formulaic shows but this manages to keep the main story progressing so I don't mind too much.

I'll watch the finale later today. Can't wait.

edit: holy fucking shit. That was one of the best finale's I have ever seen. The music was great, the Fusco/Carter team was great and the Finch Batman moment was brilliant.

Can't wait for next season. One of my favorite new shows.

Lonestar

Just reading various reviews of the finale, and came across one that somehow, has come up with an interesting twist.

The main 4 characters do have a slight "Wizard of Oz" thing going on.

A couple weeks ago, I started viewing Person of Interest as analogous to the Wizard of Oz: a book featuring a cowardly man afraid to do the right thing; a robotic-seeming figure lacking a heart; a wizard whose only power came from technology and the young woman whose caring united them. Sure, Wizard of Oz’s surface surrounded Dorothy’s recurring adventures in Oz, but its core surrounded friends, family and heart. I watched Person of Interest to see when the man of tin, Reese, filled his emptiness and the wizard, Finch, stop hiding behind a curtain. I wanted to see Dorothy, aka Carter, a woman introduced to a new world, and the cowardly figure, Fusco, realize that the power to do good existed within them. They didn’t need Finch or Reese to prevent crime. As cops, they had the tools themselves.

Just no Scarecrow.

continuity.jpg

So "Continuity of operations is compromised"
Makes me think the Machine has decided to send the POI numbers to John now.

Someone ripped the music from some of the episodes (not great, but for those that are interested in the score)
The Machine Theme (Finale)
#root's Theme (Finale)
Finch and Reese vs. Everyone

Oh, and from the Upfront's that the networks do:

580867880.jpg

I was unfortunately spoiled a bit on the Root thing thanks to a few previous bits of news. When they announced Amy Acker playing the last POI they also said she may be reoccurring in season 2 and her character the psychiatrist didn't come across as reoccurring at all. Then Michael Emerson gave away a bit too much in an interview with TV Guide posted yesterday by saying that Root would show up in the finale. So once Zoe said things weren't adding up halfway through the episode it was pretty obvious.

Fun fact though, last episode Zoe was in before this was the first Root episode.

I was unfortunately spoiled a bit on the Root thing thanks to a few previous bits of news. When they announced Amy Acker playing the last POI they also said she may be reoccurring in season 2 and her character the psychiatrist didn't come across as reoccurring at all. Then Michael Emerson gave away a bit too much in an interview with TV Guide posted yesterday by saying that Root would show up in the finale. So once Zoe said things weren't adding up halfway through the episode it was pretty obvious.

Fun fact though, last episode Zoe was in before this was the first Root episode.

i love zoe. she is a character i'd like to see more of. i also liked her episode when she was the poi

i love zoe. she is a character i'd like to see more of. i also liked her episode when she was the poi
I think the Zoe episode was when the show finally clicked for me. Once they picked up a potential asset by saving them, the show jelled a bit more instead of being a bunch of stand alones.

Lonestar

Yeah, Zoe's a good character, and was the first POI that returned as a "favour" for being saved by Reese/Finch. Hope that perhaps other POI's return in similar fashion.

My first "twitch" that a twist was brewing with Amy Acker, was when Zoe ran into the client who wasn't really the real guy. But the moment that I thought "root" was right when Zoe's in the apartment, and opened up the picture frame. When I saw the "newspaper-like" back to the photo, "It's all FAKEFAKEFAKE" popped into my head.

Just thinking about how crazy root is. She was straight up going to walk down that road with the killer cops. And kept walking down it after John stopped her the 1st time. Such an incredibly dangerous Con to pull.

tenz0r

Good god, was Amy Acker beautiful or what?!

Man I love this show, when are the Blu-rays coming out?

No official word, but if I had to guess I would say around July and August. If Season 2 is going to premiere in September, then it is probably a safe bet that the DVD/Blu-Ray will be released about a month or two before the new season.

I am surprise this show wasn't available for sale on iTunes or Amazon Instant Video during the duration of Season 1. Guess I will have to keep the finale and the last few episodes I have of Person of Interest on my DVR until it gets release on home video to get my POI fix.

This show is definitely one of my favorites shows on the air right now so I will be buying the Blu-Ray on Day 1 also.

Lonestar

Something I should have noticed. "Caroline's" first appearance on "Machine Cam" had her targeted with a yellow recticle, which she had on every appearance of it last night. Previous POI's had the basic white recticle. The Machine knew she presented a risk to "itself" It's been yellow on Alicia, Nathan, Finch and Reese, as they knew it existed (which I guess to it means "anyone that knows it exist, could potentially stop the machine"). Peck from last week, once Finch told him that the machine DID exist, he got a Yellow mark too. It didn't target him when he came up with the thought in the interrogation room, but only once he talked to Finch.

John and Kara had a red recticle when in China (either another version of the machine, or that's where it was at that time). Which might mean it knew it was in danger of being imminently destroyed.

Holy crap.... this show. This amazing beautiful show. One of the best shows on TV. That was amazing. Root coming back was so unexpected (and wow, Amy Acker was drop-dead gorgeous). Seeing what ultimately happened to Alicia was shocking (since I honestly thought Alicia was gonna shoot Harold). Great to see Fusco and Carter finally become aware of each other (I liked Carter's serious face and then sly smile).

But the fucking final scene... holy crap. That was amazing. The music, John in the crowd, and then talking to the Machine. That sent some chills up my spine when the phone started to ring.

The fact that this was a cliffhanger... gotta wait like four months.

QCPN0.gif

Best new show of the year.

Lonestar

4 months ain't so bad. Back in the days of Lost, 24, and various Stargate shows, there'd be 8+ month breaks. Then you've got Soprano-like breaks of more than a year.

Though I expect POI to get a 2+ month midseason break, along with a few skipping of weeks, like season 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom