• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Person of Interest |OT| Michael Emerson plays a mysterious dude

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
Might pick this up again, me and the Missy's sort of liked it but dropped it as more things to watch and we found the main dudes batman voice a bit tiring. I do like the lost fellow though.

Rokam

Going to have to watch the Count of Monte Cristo to get my weekly fix of Reese kicking ass, a shame he didn't have a gun to shoot people in the knees.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
I will begin immediately. I will also let my lady know the Internet assured me it's time we'll spent.

I found it to be a little more satisfying than Homeland and Game of Thrones (but I haven't read the books, so it doesn't have a HUGE hold over me). As someone who was a huge Lost/24/The Shield/BSG fan, POI is the 1st show since all of those ended, that fits amongst them, for me.

Rokam

I found it to be a little more satisfying than Homeland and Game of Thrones (but I haven't read the books, so it doesn't have a HUGE hold over me). As someone who was a huge Lost/24/The Shield/BSG fan, POI is the 1st show since all of those ended, that fits amongst them.

Same feeling, it's one of the few shows that I have to catch the night it airs, and probably one of the best shows in years for me. I don't have HBO/Showtime so GoT and eventually Homeland are relegated to watching via dvds. Hoping Homeland is as good as PoI.

Lonestar

Well, they do have the added benefits of pay cable (Tits, cursing, more violence) Damien Lewis is great, Mandy Patintkin is great, and Claire Danes is pretty good (at times her character pissed me off)

POI definitely has more action and moves at a faster pace (Homeland is a bit of slow burn). POI also has far less instances of Child Actors, which is a plus. But Morena Baccarin... ;)

Computron, that was the season finale, no preview on a not filmed yet episode.

Rokam

Is there a sneak peek out for the next episode? I couldn't find it.

Also, Root was a fucking psychologist? Nuh-uh...

Season's over till September, sorry friend.

Only reason I want to watch Homeland is because of Damien Lewis, he was great in Life.

Lonestar

Season's over till September, sorry friend.

Only reason I want to watch Homeland is because of Damien Lewis, he was great in Life.

Fan of his since Band of Brothers. I did like Life some, but not on the same level as Homeland, or BoB. I even watch Dreamcatcher beause of him (man, what a colossally dumb movie that was)

Computron

I knew it was the finale, but why did it say "stay tuned for scenes from our next episode" then?

But really, Im having a tough time taking this Root character seriously. She's got to be psychopathic ally insane and at the same time the worlds greatest hacker and a psychologist.

Also, didn't the HR guy that's still alive see Fosco and whatsherface? I would be worried for their kids.

Jesus Christ, the finale. Everything coming to a head, thats the way to do it. Im curious how many episodes will reese and finch be seperated for season 2. Why, I want new episodes now!

More people should be watching this show.

Wiktor

I found it to be a little more satisfying than Homeland and Game of Thrones (but I haven't read the books, so it doesn't have a HUGE hold over me). As someone who was a huge Lost/24/The Shield/BSG fan, POI is the 1st show since all of those ended, that fits amongst them, for me.

Heh, I feel somewhat similiar. I mean, on emotionless logical level I understand Homeland is propably better show, but it's just nowhere near as entertaining, it doesn't keep me consantly thinking "damn...what will happen next?", it doesn't make me care about characters as much as PoI does.

Clevinger

But really, Im having a tough time taking this Root character seriously. She's got to be psychopathic ally insane and at the same time the worlds greatest hacker and a psychologist

She's not an actual psychologist. She just hired the guy to pretend to be her patient and threaten her in an extremely convoluted plot to get to Finch.

Actress that played Root was soooo pretty.

Apparently Rachel Miner was originally supposed to be Root. Thank god we got Amy Acker instead.

I did not see the root plottwist coming. I even thought about root throughout the episode for some reason but i never made the connection to the poi. I am looking forward for the next season and hope it can keep its brillance.
i am glad michael emerson is in this, without him i wouldnt have given this a chance, because judging from pr-photos etc it looked pretty bland. glad i was wrong!

Enco

The one thing I don't like about this show is the lack of blood.

Makes all the shooting feel empty. Not a drop of blood. Only a little bit when showing close ups of wounds.

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...

Makes all the shooting feel empty. Not a drop of blood. Only a little bit when showing close ups of wounds.

Maybe it's a PG rating thing?

tirminyl

The finale was freaking great! I love Zoe , and hope she continues to be apart of future episodes. I also love Amy as Root. When Zoe mentioned things weren't adding up I had "root, root, root" going on n the back of my head but dismissed it until she opened the picture frame.

So many threads dangling and Reese talking to the machine. Day one BR purchase and I eagerly await season 2!

GungHo

Single-handedly caused Exxon-Mobil to sue FOX, start World War 3
Apparently Rachel Miner was originally supposed to be Root. Thank god we got Amy Acker instead.
We dodged a bullet (to the knee) on that one.

Kneecapper of Nazereth would probably be more interesting in Showtime, but I'll take what we can get on CBS.

Rewatched the first episode.

Screwed myself, it was great watching again after seeing the whole season and now I'm going to have to spend a bunch of time watching every episode again.

Lonestar

Someone should ask them what they think of Watch Dogs. lol

I've made a couple comments here and there, about how similar some of the technology feels similar between POI and Watch Dogs.

All it needs is a super smart mystery guy who funds everything you do, voiced by some guy from Lost. Michael Emerson might be good.

Gila

I've made a couple comments here and there, about how similar some of the technology feels similar between POI and Watch Dogs.

All it needs is a super smart mystery guy who funds everything you do, voiced by some guy from Lost. Michael Emerson might be good.

Christian Bale

firehawk12

Subete no aware

I'm thinking the kid who played Walt myself.

Dilly

Banned
Watched season 1 after reading about this show in the Watch_Dogs E3 thread. This is amazing, very happy that there's going to be a season 2.

Machine went from a surveillance method to a full on AI at the end there.

Watched season 1 after reading about this show in the Watch_Dogs E3 thread. This is amazing, very happy that there's going to be a season 2.

Machine went from a surveillance method to a full on AI at the end there.

Yes! A convert.

Yeah, the show is really excellent. Loved the ending of the finale where the phone just began ringing. Chills, man.

Rokam

September 4th is the release date now announced by Warner Home Video for Person of Interest - The Complete 1st Season on DVD and high-def Blu-ray Disc. The 6-disc DVD set is priced at $59.98 SRP, and the 10-disc Blu-ray/DVD/Digital combo set is priced at $69.97 SRP. The digital version uses the UltraViolet system, and is therefore only available in the USA (must be redeemed within two years of street date). Other extras on both versions consist of:
Original Broadcast Pilot Commentary
Extended Pilot Episode (Unaired) with Producer Commentary
Featurette: Living in an Age of Surveillance
Gag Reel

September 4th is the release date now announced by Warner Home Video for Person of Interest - The Complete 1st Season on DVD and high-def Blu-ray Disc. The 6-disc DVD set is priced at $59.98 SRP, and the 10-disc Blu-ray/DVD/Digital combo set is priced at $69.97 SRP. The digital version uses the UltraViolet system, and is therefore only available in the USA (must be redeemed within two years of street date). Other extras on both versions consist of:
Original Broadcast Pilot Commentary
Extended Pilot Episode (Unaired) with Producer Commentary
Featurette: Living in an Age of Surveillance
Gag Reel

Gag reel, that ought to be fun.

This Just In - Person of Interest will kick off Season Two on Thursday, Sept. 27 at 9/8c.

Season 2 is already in production

x2_d9a3515.jpeg

Best new show last fall and now my favorite show. So excited for season 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom