• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PokeBomb IX: Hype...Hype Never Changes.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Huh, where are people getting the hi-res art? Someone just posted a hi-res Mega Lucario vs Mega Mewtwo art in /vp/.

I'm a little bummed about Mega Evolutions. For one I'm really excited that they actually come with an stat boost and I don't mind having my pokemon turning into it or even needed to hold it. The problem however is that part about conditions.

Like I said before, it might turn out to be a pain in the ass to have your Pokemon MegaEvolve. Which while Lucario/Mewtwo/Blaziken can hold enough on their own in case they won't achieve Mega Evolution (and trust me, the opponent will go out of their way to prevent it), Pokes like Mawile are too weak and might always be killed before evolving, making them not optimal to use =(.

No. If anything this is equitable to rank-up-magic or assault mode activate
except this won't be terrible like assault mode activate

Yes, I know you were joking. I just like to insert this kind of thing into every chance I get.
Lol I think I learned something some where in that post haha

Eng: Dedenne
Jpn: デデンネ Dedenne
Deu: Dedenne
Fra: Dedenne
Ita: Dedenne
Species: Antenna Pokémon
Type Electric/Fairy
Ability: Cheek Pouch
Height: 0' 08" (0.2 m)
Weight: 4.9 lbs. (2.2 kg)

The round shape of Dedenne makes this Fairy-type Pokémon instantly recognizable. By emitting radio waves from its antenna-shaped whiskers, it can communicate with far-off allies. Dedenne can also plug its tail into outlets to drain electricity from them.
brorff8cuaaepkx.pnglazijha.png

Eng: Bunnelby
Jpn: ホルビィー Horubii
Deu: Scoppel
Fra: Sapereau
Ita: Bunnelby
Species: Digging Pokémon
Type: Normal
Ability: Pickup or Cheek Pouch
Height: 1' 04" (0.4m)
Weight: 11.0 lbs. (5.0kg)

It is said that the Normal-type Pokémon Bunnelby creates its den by digging in the ground with its large, shovel-shaped ears.

Eng: Skiddo
Jpn: メェークル Meekuru
Deu: Mähikel
Fra: Cabriolaine
Ita: Skiddo
Species: Mount Pokémon
Type: Grass
Ability: Sap Sipper
Height: 2' 11" (0.9m)
Weight: 68.3 lbs. (31kg)
The gentle-natured Skiddo is said to have been the first Pokémon to live alongside humans. Thanks to living with humans so long, it doesn’t seem to mind carrying people or loads on its back. Skiddo evolves into Gogoat, another Pokémon you'll be able to ride! Skiddo has become able to read the feelings of its riders through their grip on its horns.

Awesome.

I wonder how the Mega Evos will be introduced into the TCG? Probably crossride cards like the old Level X ones, I guess.

I'm holding out for a Sableye Evo AND a Mega of that.

SuperOrez

Why isn't there Kangaskhan pre-evolution yet? I mean we've already seen it, it's right there in her gorram pouch. There needs to be a male Kangaskhan too. Kangaskhan is the best. MegaKangaskhan aw yeah.

Eng: Mega Lucario
Jpn: メガルカリオ MegaLucario
Deu: Mega-Lucario
Fra: Méga-Lucario
Ita: MegaLucario
Species: Aura Pokémon
Type: Fighting/Steel
Ability: Adaptability
Height: 4' 03" (1.3m)
Weight: 126.8 lbs. (57.5kg)

Black patterns creep up and around Mega Lucario's arms and legs—marks left behind by the heightened aura energy that thrums throughout its body.

Eng: Mega Blaziken
Jpn: メガバシャーモ MegaBursyamo
Deu: Mega-Lohgock
Fra: Méga-Braségali
Ita: MegaBlaziken
Species: Blaze Pokémon
Type: Fire/Fighting
Ability: Speed Boost
Height: 6' 03" (1.9m)
Weight: 114.6 lbs. (52.0kg)
With its high Attack stat and the Speed Boost Ability, Mega Blaziken will become a truly awe-inspiring opponent! Blazikenite, the item needed to Mega Evolve Blaziken, cannot be obtained through normal gameplay in Pokémon X or Pokémon Y.

Mega Blaziken is so cool. I hope I can get a 3DS by the time this game comes out, I don't want to miss him.

Guaranteed there will be a Pokemon X and Y 3DS XL near launch, I'm sure GAF will inform you =P

....Now that we know the Mega Evolution is temporary....more and more like Digimon =P

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Official site and Bulbagarden's twitter :)

Took me a while to get it: comes from "23 skidoo" (leaving quickly), and kid (young goat). Goes well with Gogoat, eheh.

I thought it was just skid and kiddo.

I love the sound of it though. I just imagine someone from boston saying "Hey. slow down there skiddo!"

Wichu

Yes I can, you forget I'm evil :p

All I have been told is to expect more. Probably the other 3 Mega Evolutions, yeah.

DarkCelebiEXHiddenLegends4.jpg

Not going to get my hopes up too far, then. Clearer art (and maybe some extra artwork like Blaziken's and Mewtwo vs Lucario) will be nice, though.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
So basically this mega thing is just a super move the Pokemon can do in a battle when holding the right stone. It then reverts back after it's over. Huh.

JoeM86

So basically this mega thing is just a super move the Pokemon can do in a battle when holding the right stone. It then reverts back after it's over. Huh.

It's not a move. Once the Pokémon is out in battle, if holding the item, it becomes these Pokémon. Then, after the battle ends, it reverts

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
It's not a move. Once the Pokémon is out in battle, if holding the item, it becomes these Pokémon. Then, after the battle ends, it reverts

Yeah, I was just making a comparison. It evolves to the mega version, then goes back after the battle.

Is it a random chance that it will evolve? Or does it do it every battle when holding the stone?

I am glad everyone is finally getting on board with the Mega Evolutions, I think it is cool that GF is willing to go all out on this game. Also, with 3rd Gen remakes being the next games (hopefully :p) I would think at least all the 3rd Gen starters would get one, but I honestly think that every starter will get a Mega Evolution.

Also, for competitive players, how long is it going to take to reconfigure all the tiers and stuff? Not only a new type is introduced, but now Mega Evolutions? This is the most hyped I have been for a Pokemon game since Emerald and my hype train left the station long ago, October really does need to hurry!

Top Bottom