• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PokeBomb IX: Hype...Hype Never Changes.

Caladrius

I am glad everyone is finally getting on board with the Mega Evolutions, I think it is cool that GF is willing to go all out on this game. Also, with 3rd Gen remakes being the next games (hopefully :p) I would think at least all the 3rd Gen starters would get one, but I honestly think that every starter will get a Mega Evolution.

Also, for competitive players, how long is it going to take to reconfigure all the tiers and stuff? Not only a new type is introduced, but now Mega Evolutions? This is the most hyped I have been for a Pokemon game since Emerald and my hype train left the station long ago, October really does need to hurry!

It took about a year and a half for BW to solidify and 6 months or so after B2W2. It's probably going to be even longer this time considering how radically things are going to be altered, with this and a new type as well as the new generation's worth of pokemon to sort out.

Do you think Knock-Off will effect it, Joe?

Doubt it. The hold item does not trigger the transformation - it is just a requirement for the transformation to occur. Therefore, once the transformation happens then there is no need for the Pokemon to hold the item anymore.

We'll see, though.

EDIT: I need to learn how to proofread.

Azure J

Mega Blaziken is the fucking truth, but why oh why does it have to be further limited from the general mechanic with its own stone? =/

RomanceDawn

Mega Blaziken is the fucking truth, but why oh why does it have to be further limited from the general mechanic with its own stone? =/

Honestly I think it's better its limited like that. Item abuse will be less of an issue if these stones are worth it. Still if the stats get better it might just seem like they've got on a scarf anyway with no draw backs.

Drago

Every Mega evolution is activated with a unique stone for that specific Pokemon.

Since the stone to mega evolve Blaziken is event only, this also, in theory, makes Mega Blaziken an event only Pokemon.

Bunnelby is officially the Buttface Pokemon.

435Skuntank.png

Pokemon-Bunnelby.png

They shall be the best of friends.

Izayoi

Banned
The one-per-battle thing is not actually bad at all. Think about it, your team consists of one very strong Pokemon and then several supporters that synergize well with the strong one. Without the restriction everyone would fill their team with Megamons, and it would eliminate the need for non-Mega Pokemon entirely. It's better this way, and I think that it shows Gamefreak is actually thinking this one through. I say we give it a fair shake before getting really bent out of shape by the mechanic.

Top Bottom