• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSN Flash Sale "Survival Deals" coming this weekend (10/16-10/19)

nel e nel

Fuck it, I bought it any way. Apparently it came out in March on PSN but there was no hype behind it. Steam reviews are good, but official reviews like IGN were mediocre.

Right up my alley though.

Yeah, reviews were in that 7 out of 10 range. Interesting and engaging aesthetic, with some frustrating mechanics that brought the enjoyment level down a bit.

Heel

Why is it saying I can buy Don't Starve when I already bought it during another sale, and the rest are free? Weird.

KodaRuss

Picked the first Bioshock at $3.

I own 2 and Infinite from PS+, but I never played 2 since I had never played the first. I guess I can finally play them now.

You are in for a treat. It is the best one. Would you kindly do a LTTP for us when you finish it?

TheCrackInTime

Neo Member
That's just a recent price drop, but good for anyone who didn't know it happened. Doesn't seem like its been mentioned anywhere.

Ah, ok. I assumed it was part of the sale, but if it's just a price drop then I wonder if it'll get a price drop in the UK/EU too. I guess it makes sense with the GOTY edition on the way, but sense has never been a factor when it comes to our PSN pricing (for AAA games anyway).

border

Nothing for me. Rapture is a steal at 8 bucks, if you like those type of games.

I liked Gone Home and Dear Esther, but thought that Everybody's Gone To The Rapture was a frustratingly tedious slog. Jim Sterling's take on it was the best -- there's just nothing to be interested in or connect yourself to. You just wander from one place to the next and listen to a dull audio drama.

netguy503

Argh. Bought Everybody's Gone to the Rapture on day 1 a month ago, and I've played it for about 5 minutes. Should've waited.

Wasn't it only like $11 and now $8? $4 isn't much of a loss plus if you bought two games in that Play promotion you got a 10% discount code for the whole month of September (a month that included a better flash sale than this one). Sounds like a fair trade to me.

Picked the first Bioshock at $3.

I own 2 and Infinite from PS+, but I never played 2 since I had never played the first. I guess I can finally play them now.

To have never played BioShock is to be cursed. To play BioShock for the first time is a miraculous blessing. Games have never been the same.

Captain Pants

Killed by a goddamned Dredgeling
Does anyone know if buying a year of PS+ counts towards that 'spend $100, get $15' deal? I canceled my subscription, but I'm thinking about signing back up.

Heel

Cross-buy.

nGtax6T.png

...?

ajcacio

Banned
I liked Gone Home and Dear Esther, but thought that Everybody's Gone To The Rapture was a frustratingly tedious slog. Jim Sterling's take on it was the best -- there's just nothing to be interested in or connect yourself to. You just wander from one place to the next and listen to a dull audio drama.

Agree entirely. I spent $20 on it. I don't regret it but I don't think it's a good game. I spent the same on life is strange and one episode in I'm loving it. So I guess Until Dawn is gonna be during the Halloween sale? Was really hoping for that one.

Walpurgis

Banned
Running until Monday, October 19 at 11am PT/2pm ET, here’s all the games on sale in this month’s Flash Sale through the PlayStation Store:

PlayStation 4 Games

Badland: Game of the Year Edition (cross-buy) – $4.80
Bastion – $6.00
Don’t Starve: Console Edition (cross-buy) – $4.50
Everybody’s Gone to the Rapture – $8.00
Godzilla – $24.00
Limbo – $4.00
Lone Survivor: The Director’s Cut – $2.00
Lords of the Fallen – $21.00
Metro Redux – $12.50
Race the Sun (cross-buy) – $3.50
Saints Row: Gat Out of Hell – $8.00
Sniper Elite 3 Ultimate Edition – $16.00
Titan Attacks! – $2.40
White Night – $4.95

PlayStation 3 Games

Alien Rage – $3.00
Battle Princess of Arcadias – $9.00
BioShock – $3.00
BioShock 2 – $3.00
BioShock Infinite – $8.00
Darksiders – $3.00
Darksiders 2 – $6.00
Darksiders 2 Ultimate Edition – $12.00
Darksiders + Darksiders 2 Ultimate Edition – $14.00
Don’t Starve: Giant Edition (cross-buy) – $4.50
Godzilla – $20.00
I Am Alive – $3.00
Lone Survivor: The Director’s Cut (cross-buy) – $2.00
Machinarium – $2.50
MotorStorm Apocalypse – $2.25
Narco Terror – $2.00
Proteus (cross-buy) – $2.80
Saints Row: Gat Out of Hell – $8.00
Sniper Elite 3 Ultimate Edition – $12.00
The Bureau: XCOM Declassified – $4.00
The Last Guy – $1.50
The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct – $14.50
Tokyo Jungle – $2.25
XCOM: Enemy Unknown – $8.00

PlayStation Vita Games

Black Rock Shooter The Game (PS) – $4.00
Don’t Starve: Giant Edition (cross-buy) – $4.50
Generation of Chaos: Pandora’s Reflection (PSP) – $4.00
Half-Minute Hero (PSP) – $4.00
htoLNiQ: The Firefly Diary – $5.25
Limbo – $4.00
Lone Survivor: The Director’s Cut (cross-buy) – $2.00
Lunar: Silver Star Harmony (PSP) – $6.00
Machinarium – $1.75
Proteus (cross-buy) – $2.80
Valhalla Knights 3 – $8.00
Ys: Seven (PSP) – $6.00
Z.H.P. (PSP) – $3.00
Zero Escape: Virtue’s Last Reward – $10.00
*All prices are in USD and may be higher in Canada.
http://www.playstationlifestyle.net...oday-heres-growing-list-games-offer/#/slide/1
https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-ca/flash-sale/cid=STORE-MSF77008-FLASHSALEWEBLP

Add to OP.

Everyone's Gone To The Rapture - $8 = Hellz YEAH!. Metro Redux - $12.50 = Oh so very much worth it. All the others I already owed except White Night, which I may still buy if I see/hear good things.

Walpurgis

Banned
Other than Everybody's Gone to the Rapture, this is a bad sale. I think I'll pickup Motorstorm Apocalypse though. I've waited 4 years and it still hasn't ended up on PS+. With the way PS+ is now, it probably won't anytime soon either.

Heel

huh...? It's letting you get them right? It won't actually charge.

no, see, you got the giant edition already, but you can buy the vanilla version. :D

for that price, it's a steal! grab it while you can! :O

lol

Haha, I bought the "console edition" for PS4 during a sale, so it should be marked as purchased. I don't think a "giant edition" exists on PS4.

I assume it's just some licensing glitch. Thankfully I remember buying it, because it actually lets me put it in the cart.

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
Meh this sale is a no go for me since I already own most of those PS Vita titles on sale.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Half-Minute Hero is okay. The sequel is a million times better though (and it comes packaged with the first game on Steam).
Yeah, I already played it on PSP via retail copy when I was in high school, & while I got a free copy on Steam, I miss the portability and having an actual controller. I'm not really a PC gamer since I tend to forget that I have games on PC because I get distracted by the internet.

Oh, & for those wondering about htoL#NiQ: The Firefly Diary: eeeehhhhhhhh, it's rather slow & requires you to be rather precise at times. For about $5, it's alright, but I stopped playing it when I was aiming for a trophy on a slow auto-scrolling stage & you have to wait until the very damn end to attempt to get said trophy.

Still wondering about Black Rock Shooter. All I know is it's based on a redesign of Miku for a song of the same name.

border

Agree entirely. I spent $20 on it. I don't regret it but I don't think it's a good game. I spent the same on life is strange and one episode in I'm loving it. So I guess Until Dawn is gonna be during the Halloween sale? Was really hoping for that one.

Yeah I got Everybody's Gone to The Rapture for full price too. I don't mind supporting the developer but I certainly didn't care for the game.

I feel like if you are going to build a game like that you need to have every house open, and every new area should contain some unique and interesting content. If I bother to check every possible entrance to a house, it's frustrating if either all the doors are locked or I get inside and find nothing of interest or value. With such a slow movement speed it's hard not to feel penalized for exploring, particularly when it doesn't yield anything.

LeonSPBR

Haha, I bought the "console edition" for PS4 during a sale, so it should be marked as purchased. I don't think a "giant edition" exists on PS4.

I assume it's just some licensing glitch. Thankfully I remember buying it, because it actually lets me put it in the cart.

Not a glitch. The PS3 version at least is tied with both versions of the game. I got the PS4 version for free on PS+ and when the PS3 version launched, it came free for me.

And there is a giants edition to PS4 as well, it's called: Don't Starve: Console Edition + Reign of Giants Expansion

No Corpse Party sale is surprising. Was hoping to get the previous games before buying the new one. Will wait till Halloween for hopefully another sale.

Metro is absolutely worth it. Great little game.

Will probably get everybody gone to the rapture for 8 bucks, but I'm spending so much already in the next couple months with all the big game retail releases lol.

Top Bottom