• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack in Time - The Official Thread

Has there been anything written about the new shooting controls?

I remember someone mentioning that there is a new hybrid between the third person shooter style of the last PS3 game and the normal lock-on of past games. In all the videos, it seems like this is what's being used. Can you still choose to use the third person shooter style controls?

Shame we have to wait a week longer in the UK then was originally scheduled. I'm looking forward to playing this. Loved ToD very much and was my first Ratchet.

Won't download the demos.. if I can dare to resist.

Linkzg said:
Has there been anything written about the new shooting controls?

I remember someone mentioning that there is a new hybrid between the third person shooter style of the last PS3 game and the normal lock-on of past games. In all the videos, it seems like this is what's being used. Can you still choose to use the third person shooter style controls?

There's three control schemes: Standard (where the camera follows the lock-on when shooting, sort of), Action (the shooting works pretty much like a fps, you move the character with the left stick, controls the aim/camera with the right) and Classic (which is the same as earlier Ratchet & Clank-games).

There's an embargo for reviews until the 22nd of october, so I can't go into any details about the game yet.

Movement

I have a feeling this game will be ignored just due to the excitement of U2, Demons souls, Brutal Legend and ODST. It's a shame but day 1 here!

SamBishop

Banned
I'm maybe 2/3 through the game, and we can't do full impressions until the Thursday after next but... well, welcome back into my Gold Club, Insomniac. I missed you after the replay-less Q4B and the horribly busted R2 experience, but you've re-ensnared me. I'll be playing this game for months.

I re-love you guys all over again.

GeoramA

SamBishop said:
I'm maybe 2/3 through the game, and we can't do full impressions until the Thursday after next but... well, welcome back into my Gold Club, Insomniac. I missed you after the replay-less Q4B and the horribly busted R2 experience, but you've re-ensnared me. I'll be playing this game for months.

Not surprised, ACiT looks like it's going to be "Going Commando" good. So hyped!

v3orxx.jpg

Guess I'll take this one.

KZObsessed

SamBishop said:

Nice! Can't wait.

Great Demon's Souls review by the way. (IGN)

Althoran

At first I didn't know if it would be good but after seeing some previews I think this will be great fun.

I don't know if I'll be able to get it this year since so many games are coming out but I will definitely buy this.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
SamBishop said:

So it is good as Tools of Destruction huh? ^__^

BatmanX said:
Anybody knows when the embargo will be lifted?
October 22nd

anddo0

Nice job OP! Can't wait for space exploration mode.

DenogginizerOS said:
I am planning on playing this on Christmas morning with my daughter. Can't wait!!!

My nephew loves these games. I've played Quest for Booty at least 8 times upon his request. Should be good times:D

SamBishop said:

Not trying to be rude or anything, but if R2 was such a horribly busted experience, why did you guys score it the same as Uncharted 2 and LBP and higher than Demon's Souls, Bioshock, Oblivion, Fallout 3, COD4, Killzone 2 and plenty of other games?

DeadGzuz

Banned
Eltacoman said:
I have a feeling this game will be ignored just due to the excitement of U2, Demons souls, Brutal Legend and ODST. It's a shame but day 1 here!

Maybe, but it's been higher on the Amazon ranks than FM3 and L4D2 for months.

KZObsessed

AranhaHunter said:
Not trying to be rude or anything, but if R2 was such a horribly busted experience, why did you guys score it the same as Uncharted 2 and LBP and higher than Demon's Souls, Bioshock, Oblivion, Fallout 3, COD4, Killzone 2 and plenty of other games?

Jeff Haynes.

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
A fine thread for the best platformer of the year. My most anticipated game. Platforming stuff sounds promising

AranhaHunter said:
who knows. R2 is still weird that way. A vocal minority screaming about broken gameplay and God knows what else when it was highly reviewed and scored. There's nothing wrong with R2, but some people will never get the burr out of their ass.

wouwie

I hope this game is going to do well. Hopefully, it won't be overlooked due to Uncharted 2, Demon Souls, Modern Warfare 2 and others. It has been rather low profile compared to other games.

I can't wait though. It's going to be an awesome game. Seems to have a lot of replayability value this time. I hope there are a lot of different environments in the game.

beast786

nskinnear said:
HUGE Thanks to BruceLeeRoy for helping me out with the banners. You're awesome man.

Hopefully I did ok with my first Official thread :)

Yes he is... Yes he is

And excellent job man, You got me hyped. !!11!!!!!

So amped for this game, traded in Street Fighter IV because I never play it and that piece of shit Halo 3 ODST so I only owe $15 on it now :D

Being between jobs sucks, wasn't sure if I'd be able to pay for it after getting Uncharted 2. It's nice to have a few expendable games to help me out.

Fersis said:
Info about Insomniac Community Day has been posted on the PS Blog.
;___;

I hope that some gaffers can attend... make me proud guys :(

If you live in the SoCal area or don't mind driving/ flying/ hitchhiking - sign up for the Q&A and Tour! Not many spots, so cross your fingers that the PlayStation Blog will actually load for you - it's getting hammered.

UPDATE: You can also sign up on the Facebook page here: http://www.facebook.com/search/?q=i...init=quick#/event.php?eid=154711838285&ref=nf

MrPliskin

Banned
Team Klimt said:
If you live in the SoCal area or don't mind driving/ flying/ hitchhiking - sign up for the Q&A and Tour! Not many spots, so cross your fingers that the PlayStation Blog will actually load for you - it's getting hammered.

UPDATE: You can also sign up on the Facebook page here: http://www.facebook.com/search/?q=i...init=quick#/event.php?eid=154711838285&ref=nf

So here's my big question: I'm in the Army, and getting Vacay time and buying the ticket will be a great feat for me, but provided I do, would there be any way to ensure that I can get into the event? Granted I do have the great advantage of being used to my mornings starting at 5am, but I'd rather not look like a psycho camping out in front of the Auditorium (assuming it's anything like the last Community Day, which was amazing).

Stantron

Thinking about playing Quest for Booty before this releases. Amazon has it for $10. Anyone know if the $5 off promo works for Amazon PSN download games too?

MrPliskin

Banned
Stantron said:
Thinking about playing Quest for Booty before this releases. Amazon has it for $10. Anyone know if the $5 off promo works for Amazon PSN download games too?

I'm not sure if it works or not, but it's totally worth $10. It's a great bite sized game, and getting a 4 hour story for 10 bucks is definitely worth it!

Stantron said:

Yep, just used it on exactly the same thing.

Order Total: $4.99

With their 18 months cycle, I'm afraid they will put more action than plateforming (far less expensive, resource and time wise) but I'll buy it anyway. I would prefer a action/plateforme ratio near as in Quest in Booty, but as long as it's not more unbalanced than ToD, I'm fine.

UnluckyKate said:
With their 18 months cycle, I'm afraid they will put more action than plateforming (far less expensive, resource and time wise) but I'll buy it anyway. I would prefer a action/plateforme ratio near as in Quest in Booty, but as long as it's not more unbalanced than ToD, I'm fine.
I hope they put in more action than ToD and quest for booty. They've done all the platforming variations I think they can. There are so many crazy weapons and I feel like they are being wasted when I have to run around with magnet boots for the nth time.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
UnluckyKate said:
The redesigned space segments are built around the spherical worlds introduced in Going Commando, which are platform heavy. And it sounds like the space section is basically one big area to roam with a good number of these spherical worlds to hit. They mentioned in a recent vid interview that they created some deliberately advanced difficulty worlds there.

Top Bottom