• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack in Time - The Official Thread

MrPliskin said:
So here's my big question: I'm in the Army, and getting Vacay time and buying the ticket will be a great feat for me, but provided I do, would there be any way to ensure that I can get into the event? Granted I do have the great advantage of being used to my mornings starting at 5am, but I'd rather not look like a psycho camping out in front of the Auditorium (assuming it's anything like the last Community Day, which was amazing).

PM'd

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
brandonh83 said:
Any word on how long this is compared to TOD?
According to the always awesome Insomniac guys its longer than ToD plus it has lots of optional little moons plus a replay mode.

Team Klimt said:
You are an Insomniac huh? awesome.
Of course i need a Ted Price autographed picture... obviously :)

Mifune said:
Totally going to Community Day....as long as my lengthy unemployment stint doesn't come to an end before then.
Hope you get a new job ... after Community Day of course.

Mifune

Mehmber
Totally going to Community Day....as long as my lengthy unemployment stint doesn't come to an end before then.

MrPliskin

Banned
Mifune said:

Cool, hopefully I'll see you there.

Barring any stupid Army Business, I'm going to be there. I'll get lots of great pictures and hopefully some audio / video for GAF. Now the hunt begins for a hotel with a decent rate per night!

kaching said:
The redesigned space segments are built around the spherical worlds introduced in Going Commando, which are platform heavy. And it sounds like the space section is basically one big area to roam with a good number of these spherical worlds to hit. They mentioned in a recent vid interview that they created some deliberately advanced difficulty worlds there.

Can you imagine how awesome does that sound to me ? Infinite Space Awesome at least !

Mifune

Mehmber
MrPliskin said:
Cool, hopefully I'll see you there.

Barring any stupid Army Business, I'm going to be there. I'll get lots of great pictures and hopefully some audio / video for GAF. Now the hunt begins for a hotel with a decent rate per night!

For sure, for sure.

We should find some sort of way for the GAF folk to meet up, although I have no idea if that's even possible. Come to think of it, a good chunk of the people there will probably have posted on GAF at some point. Like 99.9999%.

Fersis said:
According to the always awesome Insomniac guys its longer than ToD plus it has lots of optional little moons plus a replay mode.

Sounds good. I thought TOD was long enough, but you know how it is with games that you hope will never end, so it felt too short just because it was so awesome.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
brandonh83 said:
Sounds good. I thought TOD was long enough, but you know how it is with games that you hope will never end, so it felt too short just because it was so awesome.
Happened the same to me. :lol

Ok, ive watched all the OP's videos. I love the new art style.
Oh the physics are smoother than ToD, it looks really improved.
And the particles and FX are far better than ToD and R2... Insomniac surely worked hard on this one.

MrPliskin

Banned
Fersis said:
Happened the same to me. :lol

Ok, ive watched all the OP's videos. I love the new art style.
Oh the physics are smoother than ToD, it looks really improved.
And the particles and FX are far better than ToD and R2... Insomniac surely worked hard on this one.

I'm sure a lot of those enhancements come from the natural evolution of their engine, just work over time. It's great to see these guy's continue to succeed and grow as developers. I love seeing the improvements to their technology.

user_nat

THE WORDS! They'll drift away without the _!
Judging by the OP, I assume there is no multiplayer again?

Really miss the 4 player split screen from the PS2 versions.

Ashes

Banned
play.com have it for November sixth. urgh... too close to MW2. The way I play with the time I have, and the length of insominiac games, this game is going to overlap. Damn..... still going to be day one for this. uc2+r&c+pes10+MW2: :(. I've already had to skip on fifa 10 and brutal legend. Damn my pockets are running ragged.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Ashes1396 said:
play.com have it for November sixth. urgh... too close to MW2. The way I play with the time I have, and the length of insominiac games, this game is going to overlap. Damn..... still going to be day one for this. uc2+r&c+pes10+MW2: :(. I've already had to skip on fifa 10 and brutal legend. Damn my pockets are running ragged.
Welcome to the holidays.

If I recall, ToD came out just before COD4 and I beat it the day before COD came out. You can make it work out. Or you may have too many games. Play 1 at a time.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
So "EUROPE TBA", when is this shit going to be confirmed? Come on Insomniac. (only read the OP)

Oh well, Collectors Edition pre-ordered :D

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
UnluckyKate said:
Can you imagine how awesome does that sound to me ? Infinite Space Awesome at least !
It sounds pretty awesome to me. I loved the addition of spherical words in GC and really missed them when they didn't make it back for the first PS3 outing.

sca2511

this thread needs to be seriously bigger. I just got into R&C when it first released on PS3 so im pretty hyped for this.

Fersis

sca2511 said:
this thread needs to be seriously bigger. I just got into R&C when it first released on PS3 so im pretty hyped for this.
Me too, the only R&C ive played is Tools of Destruction and i love it.

Catalix

And on the sixth day the LORD David Bowie created man and woman in His image. And he saw that it was good. On the seventh day the LORD created videogames so that He might take the bloody day off for once.
akachan ningen said:
I really liked multiplayer in UYA, even more than Resistance 2. ToT
Yeah, multiplayer in UYA was surprisingly fun. It works very well for the Ratchet universe.

I understand why they might not have done it for the current consoles, though. As long as the main single player is top notch, I'm more than good :D

LQX

Fersis said:
I played ToD and worked fine.
Really? If you turned off the game and went back to it later you didn't have to do the whole thing over even after "saving anywhere"?

Thrakier

The Problem with ToD was that it was very basic. Like Ratchet 1 but with better graphics. And it was too easy. It was a good game but it wasn't super hot. So if ToD would have been CiT I guess we could have a bigger thread by now because if CiT really lives up to it's promises it brings enough new to the series + great gameplay.

Fersis

LQX said:
Really? If you turned off the game and went back to it later you didn't have to do the whole thing over even after "saving anywhere"?
There are checkpoints, you have go back to those.
You can save anywhere but you respawn on the checkpoints.

LQX

Fersis said:
There are checkpoints, you have go back to those.
You can save anywhere but you respawn on the checkpoints.

Yeah but even if you saved after a checkpoint and turned off the game you had to do it all over. Whats the point of saving anywhere if you don't get to start back where you saved? I just hated that.

MrDaravon

Spreading different in-game pre-order bonuses to different retailers is completely bullshit and makes me not want to buy the game -_-

AFreak

Banned
Fersis said:
Me too, the only R&C ive played is Tools of Destruction and i love it.

I did the same, until I went back and played Up your arsenal and going commando. both amazing games that i got for 5 bucks each :).

I'll be getting this Day 1 most likely(although i still need U2)

AFreak

Banned
LQX said:
Yeah but even if you saved after a checkpoint and turned off the game you had to do it all over. Whats the point of saving anywhere if you don't get to start back where you saved? I just hated that.

You keep all the EXP you earned and level ups.

BlacKMaRK

Banned
As a long time ratchet fan I can't wait for this!! The space exploration aspect interests me the most and I'm glad to see they brought back the small spherical worlds.

I just hope it's more challenging than TOD, that game was beyond easy it was actually a bit disapionting =[

Kittonwy

Banned
user_nat said:
Judging by the OP, I assume there is no multiplayer again?

Really miss the 4 player split screen from the PS2 versions.

I was in the beta-test for UYA a long time ago, which was really cool.

The last few years I feel Insomniac tries to have way to much on their plates, releasing a game a year almost and having three modes in Resistance 2, they should just focus on single player for Ratchet to make sure it's as polished as possible and maybe spread their release schedules out a bit, frankly you can't do as much creatively when you're trying to take on all these things on a tight schedule.

Kittonwy

Banned
nskinnear said:
"Massive, rewarding, funny - all you'd expect, plus some cute new twists. [Nov 2009, p.66]" - PSM3 Magazine UK - 90/100

The only one so far.

Review copies should be out, but the press really hasn't started talking about it yet, which is strange.
Indifferent2.gif

Kittonwy said:
Review copies should be out, but the press really hasn't started talking about it yet, which is strange.
Indifferent2.gif
From what I've heard, it's probably the best Ratchet game and Insomniac have really outdone themselves.

AFreak

Banned
BlacKMaRK said:
As a long time ratchet fan I can't wait for this!! The space exploration aspect interests me the most and I'm glad to see they brought back the small spherical worlds.

I just hope it's more challenging than TOD, that game was beyond easy it was actually a bit disapionting =[

I don't get it. All the ratchet and Clanks are easy.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Kittonwy said:
Indifferent2.gif

I've got a preview code dated September. Not sure how polished it is compared to review one but will check it out tomorrow and share some impressions with you.

I could have done this earlier, but you know... Uncharted 2 etc. :p

Top Bottom