• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack in Time - The Official Thread

El-Suave

Do we know yet what the player gets for having a ToD save on the HDD? After the regional incompatibilities of Uncharted's save analysis button, it looks like I would need to import the US version if I want to get the save game reward. That would mean no Euro Collector's Edition with the Insomniac Moon though, so I'm trying to weigh the pros and cons of the two goodies.
Will the required save need to be a completed game save or will any save do?

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
badcrumble said:
I've probably asked this before, but will a cleared Tools of Destruction save unlock anything in A Crack in Time?

yup, you will get earlier access to returning weapons. The Q4B save unlocks something piratey for Ratchet.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
Fersis said:
Yeah, ive seen gameplay videos and they are all smooth.

JS whats the deal with the Community option on the main menu? I havent read anything about that :/

Single-player stats and leaderboards.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
jstevenson said:
yup, you will get earlier access to returning weapons. The Q4B save unlocks something piratey for Ratchet.
Awesome :D (I have all my weapons at level 5)

jstevenson said:
Single-player stats and leaderboards.
Nice.

jstevenson said:
Awesome! In that case I'll start my playthrough tonight! The save file just needs to be completed, not maxed out, right?

jstevenson said:

Yes yes yes, I need to finish both games asap. Damn Sony for releasing this and Uncharted 2 in the same window.

MrPliskin

Banned
Black_Ice said:
I don't know SHIT about this game. And I love it.

With that said, will I be clear if I haven't played Quest For Booty?

I'm going to lie to you and say no. You need to play Q4B because it has the coolest pirate action ever.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Mets39 said:
Hum ... we need just saves or 100% completion ?
I have them both ! CRY MOAR!1!!!!11

hummm my importer website says they get the game tomorrow :D

vehn said:
need 100%
*Dances*

Fersis

CNN tech article:
Is this the end of R & C?

Brian Allgeier said:
Never say never, but people need that closure," Allgeier said. "We hope to be wrapping things up with a bow"

I love the series, but new IPs from Insomniac would be awesome for them and us.
I HAVE THIS IDEA FOR A WRESTLING GAME THAT ITS KICKASS!! PM PLZ :lol

Fersis

A new IP would be so damn awesome... think about an RPG made by Insomniac @_____@

Fersis

TheChillyAcademic said:
Silence yourself, whore!
Why? A New IP would be bring some fresh air to the chaps at Insomniac.
Love Ratchet but its time to give it a rest

Fersis said:
Why? A New IP would be bring some fresh air to the chaps at Insomniac.
Love Ratchet but its time to give it a rest

We have had quite enough attempts at RPGs this gen and most with unfavorable results. Insomniac needs to do what they do best, Ratchet and Resistance.

::Goes back to Kingdom Hearts::

:p

In all seriousness, I am looking forward to ACIT a great deal. I was never a huge fan of the series on the PS2 but TOD was a fantastic game as was Quest for Booty.

george_us

I really hope Insomniac improved the level design and made some more creative weapons this time around. I thought Tools of Destruction was the second worst of the Ratchet series next to original because of these reasons.

MrPliskin

Banned
Fersis said:
A new IP would be so damn awesome... think about an RPG made by Insomniac @_____@

I think I'd rather see them continue with the direction they headed with Resistance 2 Co-op, and by that I mean bringing together multiple elements from different genre's to create something refreshing.

You have to remember that, while the studio is large, it isn't comprised of 200 man teams, and RPG's take time to develop. They would have to plan for something like this, and I just don't know if it fits into their development schedule right now.

We'll see what happens though, I'm confident that whatever they produce will be fun and satisfying.

Fersis

MrPliskin said:
I think I'd rather see them continue with the direction they headed with Resistance 2 Co-op, and by that I mean bringing together multiple elements from different genre's to create something refreshing.

You have to remember that, while the studio is large, it isn't comprised of 200 man teams, and RPG's take time to develop. They would have to plan for something like this, and I just don't know if it fits into their development schedule right now.

We'll see what happens though, I'm confident that whatever they produce will be fun and satisfying.
I know.

But yeah, CoOp was the best thing from R2. It was a kickass first step on the right direction.

Ardorx

Banned
TheChillyAcademic said:
We have had quite enough attempts at RPGs this gen and most with unfavorable results. Insomniac needs to do what they do best, Ratchet and Resistance.

Wait, so because most RPGs haven't been quality means they shouldn't be made? And you'd really want them to continue to beat the ratchet horse and worse, make another resistance that's as bad as the second one?

I'd rather see them do something new than switching between the two titles every year.

Ardorx said:
Wait, so because most RPGs haven't been quality means they shouldn't be made? And you'd really want them to continue to beat the ratchet horse and worse, make another resistance that's as bad as the second one?

I'd rather see them do something new than switching between the two titles every year.

To be honest, I was trying to stay as positive as possible, seeing that this is an OT on a game completely unrelated to R2. Its no secret that I hated Resistance 2 but this isn't the place to bash it lol

Fersis said:
CNN tech article:
Is this the end of R & C?

I love the series, but new IPs from Insomniac would be awesome for them and us.
I HAVE THIS IDEA FOR A WRESTLING GAME THAT ITS KICKASS!! PM PLZ :lol

Brian Allgeier says they're wrapping up the story, not the series. Tools was the first in the series to have a continuing story, so what I'm reading is that they're not ending it on a cliffhager again.

The seventh Ratchet & Clank title produced by Insomniac Games, closes a chapter in the series by tying up many loose ends.

Notice how it says chapter, not book. It's just that the current adventure is over, and they'll reboot it again with the new installment.

sinxtanx

As a european, is it possible to get the Insomniac moon in any way without having to buy the limited edition? This concerns me deeply. The museums in previous games were awesome, I'd much like to visit this one as well.

Fersis

sinxtanx said:
As a european, is it possible to get the Insomniac moon in any way without having to buy the limited edition? This concerns me deeply. The museums in previous games were awesome, I'd much like to visit this one as well.
Well you could play the game.... :D

jstevenson said:
Or, will we?
@___@

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
sinxtanx said:

Defeat Vorselon's uber-boss-encounter in replay mode, and the moon will be yours.

thuway

I would love to see anNew IP by Insomniac after Ratchet and Clank. Something toony as well, but something fresh. Perhaps a launch title for the next Playstation, in any case, whatever these guys make, I'm buying it. I own every Ratchet made so far, and can't be hyped enough to get my hands on those familiar controls once again.

badcrumble said:
Like beaten, beaten on Challenge mode, all weapons maxed and all skill points achieved... what kind of 100% are we talking about here?
Yeah, what kind of 100% are we talking about? I restarted my ToD game in preparation for ACiT...but got sidetracked with Uncharted 2. I NEED TO KNOW!

EDIT: And yeah, I agree, they should give Ratchet & Clank a break for now. A new IP would be awesome. Insomniac developed RPG would be pretty damn cool.

Fersis

Silly questions:
-Fullmoon Show Podcast this week ??
-More R&D presentations and docs ??

Fersis

TheChillyAcademic said:
I would prefer you didn't, you guys must be aching to start something new, something fresh.
You mean like a wrestling game? Great idea! :lol

Insomniac RPG Vote + 1

jstevenson said:
Or, will we?

jk8z0x.jpg

Damn. I was so sure it was a writer jumping to conclusions too.

wouwie

Extremely curious on how this game is going to be reviewed (not that these would influence my day one purchase ofcourse). Reviews are going up Thursday, is that right?

Somnia

Has anyone else seen the commercial? I saw it on T.V. today. It's another one of the commercials in the Uncharted 2 vain. It has a shadowy corporation standing around a conference table in the"shadows" asking the commercial guy to order them the weapons in ratchet. He tries to explain they arent real, but the bad guys go "the money is already in your account" and he just gives this look of "oh shit" :lol

Robot 492

Banned
Somnia said:
Has anyone else seen the commercial? I saw it on T.V. today. It's another one of the commercials in the Uncharted 2 vain. It has a shadowy corporation standing around a conference table in the"shadows" asking the commercial guy to order them the weapons in ratchet. He tries to explain they arent real, but the bad guys go "the money is already in your account" and he just gives this look of "oh shit" :lol
Aw snap. Is the vid online yet?

TheChillyAcademic said:
We have had quite enough attempts at RPGs this gen and most with unfavorable results. Insomniac needs to do what they do best, Ratchet and Resistance
Good thing Ratchet and Clank is a third-person shooter RPG with platforming :p

Seriously - Ratchet levels up, gains new tools, armor, weapons. Weapons level up, have their own upgrade paths, etc.

I'd love it if Insomniac took on something like that whole zelda-esque thing that ended up being a totally fabricated rumor. The world needs more Zelda clones.

Seiken said:
FIRST TWELVE MINUTES ON GAMESPOT!

Fuck spoilers, I don't even care anymore!

http://www.gamespot.com/ps3/adventu...ture-a-crack-in-time?hd=1&tag=topslot;thumb;2

Let's roll baby!

There isn't anything new here, and the user question are stupid :lol Anyway, it's not a bad thing, I shouldn't watch all those video, I had seen more than the half of Uncharted 2 and Killzone 2 even before playing the game :(

Anyway, I wouldn't mind a new Insomniac IP either. I still want my Resistance games to come regularly, but Ratchet needs some rest. The series has barrely evolved since the second game. This one seems to shake things a little bit (with the space exploration and the time puzzles for Clank). But after 7 almost similar games, Insomniac must be running out of ideas and motivation.

Aru

Yoboman said:
Wait this is the last one ever?

Man, R&C IP needs rest ! I mean, the last games weren't bad, but it's really more or less the same game since R&C2. The first one had better platforming (just a bit) IIRC while the most fun was definitely R: Gladiator (no useless platforming, only pure adrenaline shooting. Only if you played on 4 stars difficulty otherwise the game is too easy to care about).

I'd say my favs are R&C Future, R: Gladiator and R3. The other games are just the same thing.

There have been like 9 R&C games in less than 8 years !
- R&C: 2002
- R&C 2: 2003
- R&C 3: 2004
- Ratchet Gladiator/Deadlocked: 2005
- R&C Future: 2007
- R&C SM: 2007
- Secret Agent Clank: 2008
- R&C QFB: 2008
- R&C F: ACiT: 2009

6 main games, 3 spin-offs. Overmilked IP is overmilked.

I'll play ACiT but please Insomniac, do something else for a change !

Aru

Crewnh said:
Deadlocked? The best one? No platforming being a GOOD thing? I think I stepped in Bizzaro world. :lol

Welcome to my world. A lot of people @ GAF hate me for my tastes :lol
Sorry but most of the platforming in R&C is too light to consider those games as platformers.

Aru said:
Welcome to my world. A lot of people @ GAF hate me for my tastes :lol
Sorry but most of the platforming in R&C is too light to consider those games as platformers.
It's cool, it's just sort of surprising to find a fan of Deadlocked. You're a very rare kind.

Top Bottom