• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Republican Debate 10 [CNN] Super Tuesday Bros. Melee

Status
Not open for further replies.

SwolBro

Banned
Can we talk about how embarrassingly bad Wolf Blitzer was?

Just terrible.

how does this man still have a job? he's so bad it's laughable.

At the same time i am both laughing my ass off that Trump is going to implode the GOP and scared as hell that he could win the Presidency.

Trump supporters legitimately want all his awful stuff as well. They think racism and authoritarianism are great. Even worse, Trump encourages them in their sadism. Remember that incident where that woman at a Trump rally called Cruz a "pussy" and Trump repeated it? What people forgot was that the woman called Cruz a pussy because Cruz was visibly hesitant about endorsing torture at the previous debate. You can see it all recounted in the video below:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0fm6IyOXsaI

In other words, Trump thought it was hilarious that this woman called Cruz a pussy for not being enthusiastic about torture. Not only that, but he encouraged that attitude! This is sadism. It's disgusting. And he openly encourages physical violence against dissenters at his rallies!

http://www.cnn.com/2016/02/23/politics/donald-trump-nevada-rally-punch/

As bad as Cruz is, can you provide any examples of Cruz encouraging this kind of violent thug behavior at his rallies? He at least has some tincture of responsibility and conscience in his heart. Trump encourages his supporters to embrace and outwardly express their most vile and barbaric impulses.
Where are you getting any sense of conscience or responsibility from Cruz? Guy is worse than Trump in every way.

Trump supporters legitimately want all his awful stuff as well. They think racism and authoritarianism are great. Even worse, Trump encourages them in their sadism. Remember that incident where that woman at a Trump rally called Cruz a "pussy" and Trump repeated it? What people forgot was that the woman called Cruz a pussy because Cruz was visibly hesitant about endorsing torture at the previous debate. You can see it all recounted in the video below:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0fm6IyOXsaI

In other words, Trump thought it was hilarious that this woman called Cruz a pussy for not being enthusiastic about torture. Not only that, but he encouraged that attitude! This is sadism. It's disgusting. And he openly encourages physical violence against dissenters at his rallies!

http://www.cnn.com/2016/02/23/politics/donald-trump-nevada-rally-punch/

As bad as Cruz is, can you provide any examples of Cruz encouraging this kind of violent thug behavior at his rallies? He at least has some tincture of responsibility and conscience in his heart. Trump encourages his supporters to embrace and outwardly express their most vile and barbaric impulses.
You *really* hate Trump. But you need to wake up to the reality that everyone else seems to be waking up to, which is that a popularist like Trump is going to be a lot less likely to steer the ship over a water fall than an evangelical who doesn't believe in waterfalls.

El Aleph

Banned
What?

As a Trump supporter, I'm outraged.

Can you imagine what would happen if I call sanders or clinton supporters "irrational retarded"?

If that post is not a bannable offense, I dont know anymore

They are irrational. As for retarded:

re·tard·ed
rəˈtärdəd/
adjective
datedoffensive
less advanced in mental, physical, or social development than is usual for one's age.
informaloffensive
very foolish or stupid.
"in retrospect, it was a totally retarded idea"

Sounds like Trump supporters. After all, he loves the poorly educated.

But don't Trump supporters hate political correctness? Don't they love it when Trump insults people in far worse ways? Why would you be so sensitive to that remark?

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Fox News has no choice but to back the RNC's baby Rubio.

Brinbe

Maybe the best thing to come out of all this is Trump destroying 20 years worth of GOP media dominance. Fox News, the NRO and all these pundits like Beck will have zero credibility among a vast slice of the GOP electorate after Trump wins the nomination.

I think we're close to a real civil war breaking out within the party, especially after Trump loses in the general.

Tesseract

Banned
Maybe the best thing to come out of all this is Trump destroying 20 years worth of GOP media dominance. Fox News, the NRO and all these pundits like Beck will have zero credibility among a vast slice of the GOP electorate after Trump wins the nomination

Nraj3Rf.jpg

shem935

Banned

re·tard·ed
rəˈtärdəd/
adjective
datedoffensive
less advanced in mental, physical, or social development than is usual for one's age.
informaloffensive
very foolish or stupid.

But don't Trump supporters hate political correctness? Don't they love it when Trump insults people in far worse ways? Why would you be so sensitive to that remark?

Please stop man.

Alcibiades

Ugh.. I need to get clarification on Texas rules. I know someone running for the Dem US House primary who I like, so I want to vote for them.

I know Texas is semi open in the sense that if you voted Dem or Repub, you can't then vote for the other party in a runoff. But I guess you pick up just one of the two ballots?

You can only pick one ballot. Wished I could have had my say in the Republican primary, but I had to pick up a Democrat ballot due to local races. Voted for Bernie (who I support for the most part anyway).

I have a feeling that Trump has quite a bit to overcome since Early voting started last Tuesday (on Feb 16th) and it is likely Cruz got a lot of early votes.

Trump is a master brander.

First, it was "low energy" and just like that, Jeb was done.

Now, we have "basket case" and "choke artist" to look forward to in our children's history textbooks. It doesn't even matter that Trump lacked any and all substance tonight, because all that will stick are those (totally accurate, by the way, which is why they work so well) characterizations.

Where did Trump get his campaign staff? Because I've never witnessed such hilariously ruthless efficiency in my political life
lol.gif

(But how will he brand Hillary? My prediction: "Two-Face.")

royalan

I agree with most of whats being said on CNN.

How Cruz and Rubio went in on Trump tonight should have been Day 1. If Christie had body slammed Trump in the first debate like a lot of people were expecting him to and like he did Rubio, I honestly don't think Trump would still be in the race right now. They completely broke him down tonight.

But its way too late. Trumps persona in this race is established and, more importantly, so is his support.

HvySky

re·tard·ed
rəˈtärdəd/
adjective
datedoffensive
informaloffensive
very foolish or stupid.

Quit while you're behind, bruh.

El Aleph

Banned
Where are you getting any sense of conscience or responsibility from Cruz? Guy is worse than Trump in every way.

Because Cruz at least knows torture is wrong and that was visible when it he was put on the spot. Trump just laughs and treats torture like a joke. That displays a basic lack of empathy.

I mean, yeah, Cruz and other Republicans are vile in many ways. No argument there. But Trump takes that vileness to a whole new level.

You can only pick one ballot. Wished I could have had my say in the Republican primary, but I had to pick up a Democrat ballot due to local races. Voted for Bernie (who I support for the most part anyway).

I have a feeling that Trump has quite a bit to overcome since Early voting started last Tuesday (on Feb 16th) and it is likely Cruz got a lot of early votes.

Cruz must be feeling confident if he came out with that 'gotta win your home state' line. Trump doesn't need to win in Texas for it to be curtains for Cruz. If Trump is gaining on Cruz in Texas... he's increasing his lead on him everywhere else... and unfortunately for Cruz, his stronger states tend to be proportional states.

It was an entertaining debate. I think trump won by simply making rest of them look like jokers. Granted he never gave a concrete answer on security, finance or health care. Seeing everyone going for trump and him still standing tall at end of it was awesome. This guy has balls. Gotta give him that.

Fat4all

Banned

re·tard·ed
rəˈtärdəd/
adjective
datedoffensive
informaloffensive
very foolish or stupid.

Now's not the time to double down on using the word 'retarded'.

I'm a liberal. You sound like a Trump supporter from Breitbart or 4chan who's angry not everyone's letting you spread your pro-Trump propaganda.

Jesus man, maybe you should take a break for a few mins.

Because Cruz at least knows torture is wrong and that was visible when it he was put on the spot. Trump just laughs and treats torture like a joke. That displays a basic lack of empathy.

I mean, yeah, Cruz and other Republicans are vile in many ways. No argument there. But Trump takes that vileness to a whole new level.
No, he really doesn't. You picked the one example where Cruz said the less terrible thing. Even in this debate Trump came across as one of the more reasonable people on stage, as terrible as that is.

Ah that clarifies a lot, then. Local is more important than national. So I'll be picking up a Dem ballot.

Edit: I've never voted in a primary because in FL it's closed and I've always been registered as an independent.

re·tard·ed
rəˈtärdəd/
adjective
datedoffensive
informaloffensive
very foolish or stupid.

No, dig UP

You call Rubio's whining tonight confidence?

That's what Trump has over the rest: He just keeps talking without blinking. Even when insulting the competition, he keeps the same confident tone. And it works.

Rubio screamed, "Obamacare is a job killer!!!"

Everyone seemed like they were on their A game mixing and matching truth with BS. I was pleased with Rubio's performance.

Zophar

re·tard·ed
rəˈtärdəd/
adjective
datedoffensive
informaloffensive
very foolish or stupid.

welp, bye

bud23

re·tard·ed
rəˈtärdəd/
adjective
datedoffensive
informaloffensive
very foolish or stupid.

do you think I'm retarded and "poorly educated" just because I support Trump?

Interesting

Edit: Bye, friend

These debates need shock collars for whenever the candidates start rambling or non answering questions.

That is all.

I don't think so. I mean he is technically done now but I think he stays in until at least the 15th.

He's got books to sell - he's riding this one all the way to the end of the line.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom