• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Saints Row IV Inauguration Station (Character Creator) Live

As always, I can't wait to see the amazing characters that talented people (i.e. not me) make.

Check out a youtube user named marcusgarlick and his amazing Saints Row 2/3 characters.

Mesoian

I can't log on to the community server. Can't remember my password and the account is linked to an old email address that's shut down now, so I can't change my password. :(

Ah well, still remade my bald, British, very cheekbony Boss.

EDIT: What ^^^^ he said.

Same. My regular user name is in there, but I have no idea where htat password reset email is going.

FHIZ

I just checked my gmail to make sure it was the email I used to register for the SR website, and now I'm just waiting on that password reset email. I think they're system is broke.

Just tested their system by typing "aepothghaweorith" into user name and it told me reset email sent... pretty sure this is just a placebo.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
rWt45aO.jpg
I like the game actually having some masks.

pahamrick

I just checked my gmail to make sure it was the email I used to register for the SR website, and now I'm just waiting on that password reset email. I think they're system is broke.

Just tested their system by typing "aepothghaweorith" into user name and it told me reset email sent... pretty sure this is just a placebo.

They messed up carrying over the information from the THQ servers for a lot of people. When I got back into SR3 after the new ATI drivers I couldn't log into the community. Tried sending password reset emails, never got them. Finally found a link on the forum, but only ever got Account Error when I tried to use it. I had to create a new name on the Saints Row website, then use the Darksiders community site to unlink Steam from my old THQ ID so I could re-link it to the new ID in the SR3 Initiation Station.

Phinor

Nooo, still inferior to Saint's Row 1 character creator. Missing some very vital choices when it comes to hair and stuff.

At this rate I will never be able to re-create my monstrosity.

dhonk

Nooo, still inferior to Saint's Row 1 character creator. Missing some very vital choices when it comes to hair and stuff.

At this rate I will never be able to re-create my monstrosity.

Well, hopefully the modding scene they are cultivating will get busy making new hair and stuff.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
I wish i was not so dumb to not foresee it not running on my notebook with an intel hd graphic card. :(

dreamfall

I really hoped the tattoo selection would be way cooler- outside of a couple full sleeves, things appear about the same.

Still having a lot of fun with it, trying to spot new content. Some new fabulous long hair looks!

Just started a new campaign yesterday for The Third where I created a new character (I lost my first boss it seems :(, maybe is somewhere in my hard drive with the saves), so this will be pretty cool to use and see the differences.
And just downloaded in less than 5 minutes yeah!

As long as I can keep David Tennant, I'm good.

lol I tried to make yesterday Matt Smith for The Third, the hair is exactly there, but theres nothing in the clothes that resembles. :(

Mesoian

Well, hopefully the modding scene they are cultivating will get busy making new hair and stuff.

Eh, SR3 never had a huge modding community. Some great texture packs sure, but most mods were like...god mod sandbox play around stuff. Shocking lack of clothes and hair mods.

weevles

Damn, I am preordered for PS3, but I may just install the 360 and/or PC one just to screw around until next week.

EvB

Professor X has come back to kick some more ass.

I've spent as long as I possibly could trying to make him look like Patrick Stewart

lol I tried to make yesterday Matt Smith for The Third, the hair is exactly there, but theres nothing in the clothes that resembles. :(

There's a jacket with a bowtie. It's almost there, it's just not the right sort of jacket :\ Meanwhile the trenchcoat/suit/tie combo is absolutely perfect for Tennant! Also made Eccleston, but he's less iconic. Can't wait for Capaldi's outfit to get revealed so I can make him!

Shtof

Disappointed by this, same as last year. Well, Nolan North is at least some kind of saving grace.

Just used the program. It has some nice new things in the body creator but its still practically the same. The Nolan North voice is perfect, feels like im playing Deadpool all over again lol Theres also some new moves that are pretty funny.
Clothes department is larger now, more glasses, more head gear (I think this is the larger one), more shirts and more leg parts.
Ive tried to load some of my old characters, and they seem to have changed a little (like colors), but the shirt with the awesome tie, that was the one that I used for my guy some years ago has completly dissapeared.

I also saw some direct parodies (like nearly carbon copies) of han solo and bobba fett in the whole clothes section.

EDIT I forgot to see the hairs :(

There's a jacket with a bowtie. It's almost there, it's just not the right sort of jacket :\ Meanwhile the trenchcoat/suit/tie combo is absolutely perfect for Tennant! Also made Eccleston, but he's less iconic. Can't wait for Capaldi's outfit to get revealed so I can make him!

Just saw a jaket with a bowtie, but it looked to be only in the whole clothes section (so not for parts) and you couldnt change the color. Maybe is there but didnt find it. And just saw the trechcoat with the bowtie and damn, I said the same thing, exactly Tennant. If Capaldi has the bowler hat like in one of the promo photos with the Tardis its also there :) Now I want to do also a Eccleston lol

Disappointed by this, same as last year. Well, Nolan North is at least some kind of saving grace.

The third came in 2011, and theres some changes.

jediyoshi

Works fine for me on Steam. Got in, imported old character, changed a few things, exported, and got out.

There's about a third to half more stuff of each category in each section aside from character sculpting options. It'd probably be weird for them to have a character importing system that worked cross game and just not include SR3's assets en masse considering how the close the fidelity of everything is.

Eh, SR3 never had a huge modding community. Some great texture packs sure, but most mods were like...god mod sandbox play around stuff. Shocking lack of clothes and hair mods.

that's because it's never had official mod support until now. IdolNinja has already created at least one mod using the review build of the game, so there's hope that there will already be some stuff ready to go at launch

Top Bottom