• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Saints Row IV Inauguration Station (Character Creator) Live

Spazznid

Does anyone else like the idea of keeping old stuff and adding to it?

Because I, for one, love it.

Being able to see you're character evolve from one game to the next is cool, and more-so when they don't look like they're made with completely different tools.

Another series that seems to understand this is the Soul Calibur series.

Every game keeps most of the previous equipment, and builds off of that.

Just had time for two quickies

Roshach
rs_8yupmgyxrz.jpg

and President Zombie Ronald Reagan
zrr_p7hrsu8gon.jpg

Squire

Banned
Does anyone else like the idea of keeping old stuff and adding to it?

Because I, for one, love it.

Being able to see you're character evolve from one game to the next is cool, and more-so when they don't look like they're made with completely different tools.

Another series that seems to understand this is the Soul Calibur series.

Every game keeps most of the previous equipment, and builds off of that.

I totally agree. Notice how SR and SC have the most lauded character creators, too.

My favorite is the Whoa taunt with the cockney voice.
"I'M DODGING YOUR BULLSHIT!"

This.

Also, could somebody point out where the new taunts/complimetns came from? I know that "Boone goes the dynamite" is a dance that someone on Volition named Boone did after...something, and it was so ridiculous they decided to mo-cap it and add it to the game.

Aw man, my connection to the SR site timed out last night but it said my characters uploaded successfully. Guess not. Oh well, not like I'm not going to spend another 10 hours on this thing before the game launches anyway.

I love how the Femme Bot suit looks like a Sorayama gynoid.

Fitz

I really hate the fat man-hands that females have, was hoping they'd change that from SR3.

This thing makes my GPU want to fly away.

Also, is it just me or does 8xMSAA absolutely nothing?

Assuming it's the same as SR3, the anti-aliasing does nothing in the menus, it only seems to apply when running around in the world.

Mesoian

This thing makes my GPU want to fly away.

Also, is it just me or does 8xMSAA absolutely nothing?

Going with Nolan North, of course.

Kinda feels like it does nothing.

And kind of feels like the light source is an inch away from the actual model, there's this really unnatural glow coming off most of the skin tones. Kind of unnerving.

I really hate the fat man-hands that females have, was hoping they'd change that from SR3.

I think there's going to be a bounty for the first person to come up with a replacement skeleton for women in SR4.

h0mGGGu.jpg

Same character that I played in Saints Row 2. It made watching the simi dark and serious cutscenes in SR2 hilarious. Too bad you couldn't get the helmet in Saints Row 3 :(

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
I'll have to try this out, so I can redo my SR2-SR3 boss to the final game.

My Cockney Accented, Fire Red "Vanilla Ice" Hair wearing, Master of Disaster.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
http://i.imgur.com/h0mGGGu.jpg

Same character that I played in Saints Row 2. It made watching the simi dark and serious cutscenes in SR2 hilarious. Too bad you couldn't get the helmet in Saints Row 3 :(

Just use Professor Ginki's head? I did and it made the game kinda funny with half the stuff clipping through the head, like the protagonist on the phone or jumping in a car and having the Mask come off because it'd clip through the car so Volition disabled it.

Spazznid

Just use Professor Ginki's head? I did and it made the game kinda funny with half the stuff clipping through the head, like the protagonist on the phone or jumping in a car and having the Mask come off because it'd clip through the car so Volition disabled it.

Mods fix that.

I was trying to recreate my character from SR#2 and #3 before, only to find out they ditched Rebecca Sanabria's Female Voice 3 (Latino Voice).

tumblr_mqrxrsg8ge1rr0uo4o1_500.gif

Why Volition??? WHY????

I played Saints Row the Third as basically the Incredible Hulk, green, shirtless and purple knee length shorts. This is the only series that I'm willing to play a goofy looking created character.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I'm guessing there's no way to make the SR3 default protagonist? Yeah, I'm vanilla, I know.

I'll probably stick with the default in 4. The new taunts aren't bad, same with the complements but I'll probably stick with Apache compliment and Chicken as the taunt.

Shahadan

This editor made me go back to playing The Third :lol:
Clocked my 100th hour today. Went to youtube to listen the bonnie tyler song. Welp. I'm drowning.

I'm surprised to see how many people go with a funny character. I usually can't help to use one that looks cool, probably because of the cutscenes. I probably should change that for SR4.

I created my character and selected "Upload" but it isn't showing up on the site. I'm also not able to download it if I relaunch the creator.

I feel like this same shit happened with SR3. Did I lose my creation?

I'm kinda hoping that it's just a matter of SR4 creations not showing on the site or downloads yet until SR4 comes out?

jediyoshi

I'm surprised to see how many people go with a funny character. I usually can't help to use one that looks cool, probably because of the cutscenes. I probably should change that for SR4.

Same, although it's mostly because I don't have any creativity. I'll probably make a dude at some point to do a nolan north run.

Um8xXmw.jpg
rrcIxvg.jpg

I created my character and selected "Upload" but it isn't showing up on the site. I'm also not able to download it if I relaunch the creator.

I feel like this same shit happened with SR3. Did I lose my creation?

You should be able to see them on the site under My Steelport -> Characters -> My Created Characters.

They'll only show up in the creator's download section if you've made them public and added them to your queue.

You should be able to see them on the site under My Steelport -> Characters -> My Created Characters.

They'll only show up in the creator's download section if you've made them public and added them to your queue.

Definitely not the case for me. Login through the creator, upload a character, message says "Successfully Uploaded" and never shows up on the site.

EDIT:

In order for your Steam-based characters to show up, you need to select Steam as your "primary account" in settings. It had Xbox Live set as primary for mine. By default it only shows the characters you created via the account link that is PRIMARY, it doesn't aggregate all your creations across platforms. Not immediately obvious to me.

Top Bottom