• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V datamining: Dhalsim, "FAN", "TUT"; Maybe: Urien, Ibuki, Juri, Alex

oh my god

Ibuki in SFV

ElFly

Urien's model is pretty complex... didn't take a shot of that, but he's 82455 triangles and 332 bones.... by comparison Rashid is 77980 triangles 383 bones... but then Nash is like 114317 triangles and 297 bones

It makes sense that Urien has few bones, dude is naked.

Why he has more bones than Nash? prolly he vanishes his clothes in the opening and needs animation for it.

To be fair we'd still be hyped to see what they play like.
And besides this being the internet age, such things are bound to happen when you have a PC release :p

Dunno why devs haven't learned this and do a little scrubbing of files. This is not even code, those are assets, why are you even packing them in a beta.

mattp

Urien's model is pretty complex... didn't take a shot of that, but he's 82455 triangles and 332 bones.... by comparison Rashid is 77980 triangles 383 bones... but then Nash is like 114317 triangles and 297 bones

i'm confused
you guys are opening up these models in a viewer and not taking screenshots?

El Sabroso

Well I already am happy with Vega, Juri and Ibuki are both cool, but still the adult Sakura is more interesting to me if happens.

Tizoc

Dunno why devs haven't learned this and do a little scrubbing of files. This is not even code, those are assets, why are you even packing them in a beta.

Prob. because the beta we got is from ahead in the game's development that it would be too risky or troublesome to remove from the game's code.
This isn't anything new, many games from the 80s onwards did it like that.

Gbraga

If even Nadeshiko counts, I'd assume they might be NPC from the rumored more complex story mode. Blazblue was full of new characters being announced that people who were familiar with the story knew for a long time, after all.

pizzacat

Banned
It makes sense that Urien has few bones, dude is naked.

Why he has more bones than Nash? prolly he vanishes his clothes in the opening and needs animation for it.

Because maybe that code is so in the game that taking them out does weird shit

If even Nadeshiko counts, I'd assume they might be NPC from the rumored more complex story mode. Blazblue was full of new characters being announced that people who were familiar with the story knew for a long time, after all.
Well Karin is full on anime so yea this is plausible

Reset

Cool. I like all those characters except for Alex. Kick Alex out for a different 3S rep who hasn't shown up in a while. Someone like Sean or Remy.

qcf x2

Let's see if this is true. Capcom 100% knew a PC release would lead to many people datamining for this stuff, so either they straight up don't care or it's a ruse.

If true, I'll wait until I see how the characters look/play. Ibuki was a fucking disgrace in SF4. Vortex garbage, zero gravity to her and most of her attacks looked as far from impactful as possible. I mained her and Elena in 3s, but I'd rather both sit out if they're going to be that lame. With that said, Capcom has been on the money so far with SFV, so as long as they don't reintroduce some of the jank from 4 I'll be very cautiously optimistic.

Guile, Sim and boxer are crap choices and I'd rather Sagat than any of those 3, but they made Vega fun so anything is possible. For sure some of the people who want those characters because they play them heavily in SF4 will cry like SnakeEyez when they require adjustments to use. That's a solid tradeoff imo

Tizoc

Let's see if this is true. Capcom 100% knew a PC release would lead to many people datamining for this stuff, so either they straight up don't care or it's a ruse.

If true, I'll wait until I see how the characters look/play. Ibuki was a fucking disgrace in SF4. Vortex garbage, zero gravity to her and most of her attacks looked as far from impactful as possible. I mained her and Elena in 3s, but I'd rather both sit out if they're going to be that lame. With that said, Capcom has been on the money so far with SFV, so as long as they don't reintroduce some of the jank from 4 I'll be very cautiously optimistic.

Guile, Sim and boxer are crap choices and I'd rather Sagat than any of those 3, but they made Vega fun so anything is possible. For sure some of the people who want those characters because they play them heavily in SF4 will cry like SnakeEyez when they require adjustments to use. That's a solid tradeoff imo

They don't care: This is how video game development goes. If you provided a playable beta/build to the public you don't necessarily restrict yourself, in this case, to only 16 characters.

If Juri is in I'm in (not that I was out before I guess). But it'd be nice to have my main carry over to a new game after 4 dumped most of my faves from 3.

DLC or launch, whatever. I'll take it.

kewlmyc

I'll be super happy if Juri and Ibuki make it in. I suck at SF but I always enjoyed trying to play those two. Now all I need is
Blanka
and I'll be super ecstatic.

Top Bottom