• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V datamining: Dhalsim, "FAN", "TUT"; Maybe: Urien, Ibuki, Juri, Alex

boutrosinit

Street Fighter IV World Champion
The amount of bones listed for those characters seems like it's definitely in game. You wouldn't need that amount for a character who might only loop their top half in a background animation.

A shame if Capcom didn't see this coming. Thanks to the thread, I now know there's a PC beta. How do I get it?

qcf x2

She's a tribute to the women of snk visually. Moveset/playstyle isn't that fun.

What's this? Her moveset and playstyle are awesome. The elephant in the room is the technical barrier. She didn't "connect with fans" because they made her ridiculously difficult to use (relatively speaking of course). Technical characters are fine, but they took it way too far; you should never make a character that a beginner is afraid to even try. If you cater to the smallest percentage, of course she isn't going to end up popular.

kirblar

What's this? Her moveset and playstyle are awesome. The elephant in the room is the technical barrier. She didn't "connect with fans" because they made her ridiculously difficult to use (relatively speaking of course). Technical characters are fine, but they took it way too far; you should never make a character that a beginner is afraid to even try. If you cater to the smallest percentage, of course she isn't going to end up popular.
She's a ambiguous 50/50 character. She's absurdly unhype to watch in tournament play for most of the games life. It's a problem with most of the sf4 newbies but she's the Mos extreme example.

joe2187

Banned
No Akuma, no Dan, no Fei Long, no Guile, no E. Honda, no Sean, no Blanks, no Skullomania, etc... But Juri? :mad:

Juri was one of the more popular new characters of SF4.

Of all the New characters that SF4 added...Juri was always the best one with abel coming in second and viper in third everyone just trashing up the rest of the game. (EX: El Fuerte, Rufus)

miserable

you know i find it very strange that Ono being a Blanka mark he doesn't have enough pull with the decision makers to get him in the game

Hell ya! Bring my girl Juri back Ono!

That aside, it sucks for Ono, more leaked characters must be pretty disappointing since it obliviously ruins the suprise, but at least he didn't get the entire SFV roster leaked like Smash Bros did (and then went on to have DLC characters leak too)

Juri was one of the more popular new characters of SF4.

Of all the New characters that SF4 added...Juri was always the best one with abel coming in second and viper in third everyone just trashing up the rest of the game. (EX: El Fuerte, Rufus)

Juri the best and calling El Fuerte trash? Joke post. Right?

Rektash

Is anyone surprised that a PC game got datamined?

I uh, would say I feel bad for the team, but this was kind of to be expected...

People need to realize that these kind of projects are way, way too big to keep track of everything. As long as there are humans, there will be code fragments that people forgot even putting in, code people forgot to refactor, code that was never intended to be checked in at all, etc. Same goes for assets naturally.

You'd need some magical beeing that can keep track of all the stuff people throw into version control on a daily basis.

Do you really think Q would let his files be so easily found?

This is the hope I'll hold on to.

Also please let the boxer either be someone new or Dudley. We have enough SF2 representatives, especially if we have Sim.

You can never have too many SF3 reps

Edit: Now I see the where it says BSN. Oh well.

I can't even take this seriously. They HAVE to be trolling or teasing later characters, because it was 100% known that the moment this game hit PC it would be datamined and kill big surprises they had planned like character reveals.

If all those character are in, that's a pretty good roster. Would like to see sakura and q in the future though. Karin and sakura are a duo in my eyes.

This is the hope I'll hold on to.

Also please let the boxer either be someone new or Dudley. We have enough SF2 representatives, especially if we have Sim.

You can never have too many SF3 reps

The Boxer file is BSN - Bison - for M. Bison, which is what Balrog (NA) is in Japan, thus people being sure it's him, as Dictator-Bison's (NA) files are stored as VGA, Vega, his Japanese name, also. People are saying Boxer to refer to him to avoid name confusion (Boxer, Dictator, Claw removes all confusion), but there's no ambiguity that this could be Dudley or anyone else for that matter.

The VR stuff they found datamining has me excited! Seeing these fighters in a VR-esque diorama would be cool but then the specials would totally be jarring.

The Boxer file is BSN - Bison - for M. Bison, which is what Balrog (NA) is in Japan, thus people being sure it's him, as Dictator-Bison's (NA) files are stored as VGA, Vega, his Japanese name, also. People are saying Boxer to refer to him to avoid name confusion (Boxer, Dictator, Claw removes all confusion), but there's no ambiguity that this could be Dudley or anyone else for that matter.

Yeah, finally had a chance to look at the files right when you posted and saw that. Honestly everyone saying Boxer made it more confusing for me haha, but I get why.

mollipen

I hope Capcom purposely put fake info into the files, because if not, they really should have known better. PC data miners love ruining fun surprises. :(

Top Bottom