• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Arcade denied permit by the city council of Azusa by 3-1 vote

joe2187

Banned
Super Arcade Vs The City of Azusa round 2!

more people have shown up to show support!

CKAAsgvUYAQgSn0.jpg

You can watch the stream here, NOW LIVE!

http://www.twitch.tv/iebattlegrounds

Quesa

The space is twice as large, half the cost, and has great freeway access. Only 8 miles away. It's a pretty good location.

Maybe city of Azusa should look into this thing called public toilets? I heard it helps stop people urinating on the footpath.

I know gamers have been taught bad urinating habits in the games we play but i'm sure toilets will help alleviate this problem somewhat....

WTF!!!!!

Sawneeks

Banned
Only popped into the stream for a minute but I wish them the best of luck. Hopefully they win and are able to get their arcade up and running again.

Is this suppose to be the shopping center where the fresh and easy closed?
If so, don't they have a movie theater in the same center, doesn't that run past midnight?

Onemic

Is this suppose to be the shopping center where the fresh and easy closed?
If so, don't they have a movie theater in the same center, doesn't that run past midnight?

But that's a theater. This is an arcade. Arcades are filled with gang members and people that pee on walls.

Lmao I can only imagine what the council members are thinking. Like here you are, some little city and suddenly everyone is jumping on you because you turned down an arcade.

Outrun

All I know is that Mayor Mike Haggar would not have allowed this atrocity to occur....

Seriously though, what a lack of foresight by the council.

Revven

EDIT: Alright, I understand public speaking is hard, but come on. Get it together. Maybe I'm lucky because I've had to do it so many times, but some of this hurts.

It's really not easy if you've never done it very often. I don't think they should be expecting it to be perfect but some of these have been pretty rough -- I kind of feel like it's a combination of the fact that a lot of these speakers prepared for 5 minutes speaking and now have to change what they've prepared to say on the fly. And it also doesn't help the guy in the middle sometimes interrupts them with the "1 minute" instead of being quiet and using his finger like he originally said.

It's really not easy if you've never done it very often. I don't think they should be expecting it to be perfect but some of these have been pretty rough -- I kind of feel like it's a combination of the fact that a lot of these speakers prepared for 5 minutes speaking and now have to change what they've prepared to say on the fly. And it also doesn't help the guy in the middle sometimes interrupts them with the "1 minute" instead of being quiet and using his finger like he originally said.
You definitely gotta practice this stuff. But yeah, changes aren't easy to adapt to either.

Galloping ghost dude was killer.

Astarte

Watson could walk in there with Obama supporting him and public urination would still be a problem to them. What if Obama publicly urinates after dastardly games of "Streetgang Fighter"

Tobe

this guy ffs jesus christ get him out yo. he seemed like a good public speaker at first but then he dun goofed.

edit: surgeon now well goddamn this guy fixed it

Top Bottom