• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Mario Bros. Wonder |OT + RT| Psychedelic Flowers & Where To Find Them

What will SMB Wonder's metascore be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

bodine1231

100% completed. Best Mario game since world. The final trial is a motherfucker. Missed the flag and had to do the gauntlet over again.

RLrACYW.jpg

Last edited:

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I would recommend ordering from Walmart. They get your shit to you on release day.

Amazon, not so much.
In my case, Walmart delivered my copy like 4 days early!

FeralEcho

Played only the first two levels of this thing since I'm still busy with Lies of P and will probably start Spidey 2 after that but man oh man just from the little i played this is easily the best 2D Mario has looked,felt and controlled in ages.This is an instant classic I can already tell.

Isa

Game is grand so far, a great sense of quality throughout. Tons of little touches that add to the immersion and desire to keep playing. Gonna play with my girl when she get's home. I love having more characters to pick from. I wasn't sold on the games art style at first but in person its a visual feast. The sound design is great too of course. The game reminds me of the joy of discovery I had messing around in Kirby.

ADiTAR

ידע זה כוח
You have your tv on game mode? You aren't using a 3rd cheap controller with some weird bluetooth that lags connecting to the switch? Cause this is one of the least "heavy" controlling games I've ever played! In fact, that is one of its (many) strong points brought up numerous times in MANY reviews!!!
yep, it's on game mode, original joy-cons, Splatoon 3 plays perfectly. I dunno, maybe it's me.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Got my copy for the kids with whatever trinkets it came with. I wonder if these cards are going to hold valley enough to sell online?

I may end up playing this via emulation. Is that frowned upnd when you own the game?

Played about an hour of my friends copy, it’s giving me the fun vibes I got all those years ago I felt when I first played Super Mario World. When a Mario game is good, It’s very good.

For a future game I’d love them to implement other Nintendo characters and their abilities in some sort of Nintendo verse vortex. Samus, Kid Icarus, Fox McCloud etc.

bender

What time is it?
First I was an Italian and then I was an Elephant. Then I ingested some plants and the pipes came alive. I rode a pipe for some more of that purpleurple. I took some more plants and the Venus Flytraps sang the sweetest song. I'm a farmer with these seeds but what will I grow. And that was just the first two levels.

futurama-bender.gif

Lupin3

Targeting terrorists with a D-Pad
This game is nigh on too much for me. 4 players straight from the start, with kids and wife. I had basically no idea what was going on through the first levels. But the kids loved it. Felt like I was tripping balls, and my childhood epilepsy almost knocked on the door again.

I'm glad they tried something different, though!

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I beat it, even the credits are amazing. Final boss was awesome.

Happosai

Hold onto your panties
Been reading and watching some of the gameplay. I'll be honest, first impressions I thought it didn't look that great. Thought it was more of a flash mobile type game. It's certainly starting to look a lot better. Almost feels like with 2D they went that route of experimentation we saw with SMW2. Time to buy! Thanks for the early input too jshackles jshackles who I've read just finished it too.

jorgejjvr

So dashing with Y and jumping with B makes absolutely no sense. Any way to fix this? Or do I have to go to my switch settings and change the controller layout there like I did with Tears of the kingdom?

BlackTron

So dashing with Y and jumping with B makes absolutely no sense. Any way to fix this? Or do I have to go to my switch settings and change the controller layout there like I did with Tears of the kingdom?

You can change the control style in the game menu, but how doesn't it make sense? It's the Super Mario World control scheme.

TexMex

I’m a modern Nintendo / Switch hater. Been playing Spider-Man all day so decided to take a break and hop over to try this out.

I feel like I’m 10 years old playing SNES again. Just absolutely, shockingly good. I cannot believe how outstanding this is. They really, really did it here. Just unreal.

I had ZERO interest in this game when it was revealed, but picked it up with a voucher because my daughter loves Peach and elephants.

Holy fuck this game is magic. I'm a jaded motherfucker but Nintendo routinely finds a way to reignite that childhood happiness buried inside me.

There is just no comparison in the industry. It's the best 2D platformer since Yoshi's Island. The level of polish, the controls, the visuals and sound effects, it's just unrivaled. They've been making these games for 40 years and it shows. Absolute masters of their craft.

jorgejjvr

You can change the control style in the game menu, but how doesn't it make sense? It's the Super Mario World control scheme.
Hard to dash + jump at the same time. I can only be pressing one of those buttons at the same time, hard unless you claw your way

jorgejjvr

I’m a modern Nintendo / Switch hater. Been playing Spider-Man all day so decided to take a break and hop over to try this out.

I feel like I’m 10 years old playing SNES again. Just absolutely, shockingly good. I cannot believe how outstanding this is. They really, really did it here. Just unreal.
Nintendo does that. They haven't lost their touch. I am having more fun with this than Spider-Man

Top Bottom