• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tales Of Berseria (PS3/PS4) Announced, has female protagonist

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jawmuncher

Come on namco. You were one letter away from having a kick ass title. Regardless another female protagonist is good.

Those who keep asking for Tales of Zesteria PS4, SteamDB leak pretty much confirmed it was being planned for PC/PS4 release so I am sure it is coming. Tomorrow we might get an announcement of PC/PS4 release.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Hope we get screenshots soon.

Didn't really expect a new mothership title to be revealed. A female protagonist? Better not be amnesiac, emotionless etc. I guess this is the first for Tales series as Milla shared her spotlight with Jude. I hope the PS3 version doesn't mean that PS4 will be held down in order to make the versions equal in experience.

Didn't really expect a new mothership title to be revealed. A female protagonist? Better not be amnesiac, emotionless etc. I guess this is the first for Tales series as Milla shared her spotlight with Jude. I hope the PS3 version doesn't mean that PS4 will be held down in order to make the versions equal in experience.

Or a complete dumbass.

Bousf

Glad to see this, but also sad because it comes to prove how bad Zestiria flopped....

Zestiria PS4 has to be announced as well (at least for the West) if they want to make the game less "not profitable".

Sandfox

Glad to see this, but also sad because it comes to prove how bad Zestiria flopped....

Zestiria PS4 has to be announced as well (at least for the West) if they want to make the game less "not profitable".

I'm sure ToZ was profitable.

It's good that they've mixed things up a little by having a female lead this time around. And pirates? Pirates are fucking awesome by default as long as Johnny Depp's irritating David Bowie impression isn't involved in any way, shape or form. Shame it's a crossgen title, but it's Japan so that's to be expected. I imagine developers over there will still cling to the PS3 for a good couple of years more.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
+1 for PS3 announcement !

Hopefuly they do a quick localization as well. PS3 too, and not pull off what Squeenix did with DQ Heroes.

Question to TalesOfGAF: is this the very first main Tales game with a female protagonist?

Xilia was shared between a guy and a girl so it wasn't quite there.

Bousf

I'm sure ToZ was profitable.
with all the copies sold back to stores in Japan and the game's price going down to barely nothing on Amazon weeks after release? I would find it fascinating if it was profitable (I really don't know for certain, I was guessing based on overwhelming evidence, good for them if they made profit)

+1 for PS3 announcement !

Hopefuly they do a quick localization as well. PS3 too, and not pull off what Squeenix did with DQ Heroes.
Dragon Quest Heroes is a fast locatization. The game was released in Japan in February this year and will get a Western release in October. Not that far.

Ryan95

I fear PS3 could not come westwards, if they follow the same strategy as SAO:Lost Song, where PS3 version was completely neglected here.

Weiss

Banned
I'm glad to see Namco branching out from traditional male protagonists, between having a gay lead in Zesteria and now a female lead for this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom