• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tatsunoko vs Capcom, new arcade fighter. (Viewtiful Joe in 'da house!)

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
ezekial45 said:
The most recent arcadia mag shows Yatterman Gou and Alex (SFIII) in the game.

I keep forgetting to pick up Arcadia...

robot

Hope they announce Speed and/or Racer X. And Karas. And the leader of Red Impulse. And Captian Commando. At least they're heading in the right direction with getting Rival Schools back in the mix.

Excited about Alex, can't wait to see his artwork. It's still a bit early, but it's interesting how all the Capcom characters revealed so far were going to be in Capcom Fighting All-Stars.

I definitely wouldn't mind if the entire cast was included, it was a diverse and interesting mix of characters. It would be interesting to see some of the originals from that make an official appearance. Ingrid did, I'd like to see the others too. D.D. in particular I thought was an interesting character design.

tetsuoxb

vala said:
WHAT? My point is that Capcom Studio 1 and "Fighting Games Studio" were the same thing! :lol They are the same people!!

I dare to say that 90% of the people responsible for the fighting games (from 1996 to 2001), are still in the company.

Maybe, maybe not. However, even if they are still there, they are on much more profitable projects (DMC/MH, etc). Hideaki Itsuno being the clearest example. People with that much experience aren't going to be placed on fighting games when they could be making something much more profitable. The opportunity cost is too high.

It would take a sea-shift in consumer buying patterns to justify any major publisher to put an A-class team on a fighting game, let alone assemble a AAA-team by gutting their cash cows.

On the topic at hand - I can't wait for Loketest on this game. I'm very curious as to what mechanics are used for the Tatsunoko characters.

lupinko

Capcom's fighting game department is still intact, it's just that over the years they've put all their resources into Banpresto's line of Gundam Vs games.

Gundam vs Gundam > all.

Oichi

I'm like a Hadouken, down-right Fierce!
Official website is updated... Loketest will be on these dates...

Tokyo (Akihabara HEY and Ikebukuro GIGO)
7/10 (Friday) - 7/13 (Sunday)

Osaka Sega Avion
7/25 (Friday) - 7/27 (Sunday)

vala

fjgn7d.gif

Router

Hopsiah the Kanga-Jew
Space A Cobra said:
I think they meant Yatterman Gan?(The male):

G-YATTERMAN02.jpg

He is clearly in that mystery pic on this page. I'm very happy. Now I just need the damn second gen Tekkaman and some damn Pizza Cats.

permutated said:
Good :D

PS - Is this crossover play style like MVC or can you only play as one character at a time?
Im not too sure honestly, hopefully they give you the option, that would be nice. I wonder how the balance is going to be...that should really be interesting to see.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Reno said:
Official website is updated... Loketest will be on these dates...

Tokyo (Akihabara HEY and Ikebukuro GIGO)
7/10 (Friday) - 7/13 (Sunday)

Osaka Sega Avion
7/25 (Friday) - 7/27 (Sunday)

Wow, that was fast! Is the Tokyo test before or after Street Fighter IV is officially released?

zoku88

Jw, who holds the various Tatsunoko licenses in America. Just want to know the chances of actually getting this...

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Reno said:
SF4 is released on 7/18 according to the official blog: http://www.capcom-fc.com/sf4/2008/06/post_41.html ... so I guess TvC gets a test a week before the official rollout... I'm sure tons of people would still go even if it was released after, considering the licenses and all.

Looking very forward to hearing about how the game turns out. Hope it's more like the older Vs. games and less like MvC2 (especially the soundtrack!)

TreIII

Lyte Edge said:
Wow, that was fast!

Honestly, I'm not THAT surprised. It's plain to see they want this game to be out by the end of the year, if not arguably sooner. If this game doesn't get continually held back like SBX did last year, that's definitely feasible.

...Still, we're left with one main burning question in all of this...

WHO is the developer? Why are we still in the dark about this? I mean, they can't be that ashamed of who's working on this title, can they? (I'm still partial to Craft & Meister).

It would also be nice if they did it like MvC2 and released the console port(s) in close proximity.

zoku88

..pakbeka.. said:
Harmony Gold lol
Oh god. Never thought I would hear of them again after someone else got a new license for Macross.

Hey! Maybe the license has expired? I remember someone else doing Gatchaman recently. ADV?

zoku88 said:
Oh god. Never thought I would hear of them again after someone else got a new license for Macross. Hey! Maybe the license has expired? I remember someone else doing Gatchaman recently. ADV?
[/quote]

Well Robotech has become it's own entity. Considering all the bitching elitist twat anime fans do about it, you'd think they'd know this already.

Harmony Gold owns Robotech, but not Macross (or Mospeada or that one in the middle I always forget the name of). :\

Terrell

Tenbatsu said:
I dont think there will be Evas....
Yes, as a blessing from heaven, there will be no Evangelion in our awesomesauce.

Tatsunoko doesn't hold any IP rights to the series whatsoever, so yeah...

Blacktin0

Banned
Lyte Edge said:
less like MvC2 (especially the soundtrack!)

What?! i wanna take you on a ride, nobody looks like you (or something) big boy tunes but a third strike soundtrack wouldn't be a problem.

Game looks cool put in karas, and a devil may cry character and i am set.

TreIII

TxdoHawk said:
Samurai Pizza Cats aren't going to make it in, and it is going to make me so so sad.

This has been something that's always interested me when it came to talking about SPC/Kyatto Ninden.

Is it really a thing that Sotsu (and thus, Namco-Bandai) owns the series partially with Tatsunoko, or was it only for the distribution rights of the show for the time period it was out?

Depending on the answer to that question, that would do more to shed light on what is fate for Yattaro/Speedy...

Top Bottom