• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tatsunoko vs Capcom, new arcade fighter. (Viewtiful Joe in 'da house!)

MoxManiac said:
Why would you want it on the system that is probably hardest to play imports? (AFAIK)

That's what I was thinking...PS3 FTW! Day one import purchase. I'd even buy a second copy if it came out in North America.

Orobi

<<the next wave of new characters will include some very surprising entries.>>

GordianWarriorPromo.jpg

Paul_e_nina_01.jpg

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Yes, but again... People are forgetting that MvC2 was plentiful of characters because the sprites were already available. Only a few were new. As someone said, if MUGEN people could simply make a sprite and make them do "uber" attacks, then so could Capcom.

This game is starting from SCRATCH.

yankee666

MoxManiac said:
Why would you want it on the system that is probably hardest to play imports? (AFAIK)
Dunno, maybe Cause i own an japanese Wii and importing is not an issue, or maybe cause if this game gets a wii release problably it will be exclusive, thats not the case if its release on the ps3, its allwas PS3/xbox360. I miss the days when the exclusives rules (in my opinion they have more nostalgic value), this gen is all ps3/xbox360 Imo.

MoxManiac

yankee666 said:
Dunno, maybe Cause i own an japanese Wii and importing is not an issue, or maybe cause if this game gets a wii release problably it will be exclusive, thats not the case if its release on the ps3, its allwas PS3/xbox360. I miss the days when the exclusives rules (in my opinion they have more nostalgic value), this gen is all ps3/xbox360 Imo.

Okay, I can understand the JP Wii part, but wanting a game to be exclusive for the sake of exclusive is retarded. It should be as widely available as possible, on as many platforms as possible.

yankee666

MoxManiac said:
Okay, I can understand the JP Wii part, but wanting a game to be exclusive for the sake of exclusive is retarded. It should be as widely available as possible, on as many platforms as possible.

I think not, but thats only 'cause we have different POV, thats all. Anyway as i said before ill buy it regardless of the system.

BeEatNU

WORLDSTAAAAAAR
Has there been any confirmation on which platform this will be on? This thread has gotten way HUGE since I last posted in here :(

TreIII

MoxManiac said:

If it was a fair world all around, then sure, I'd be right with ya.

But, as we all know, live ain't fair. I can understand the Wii not getting something like the next-gen Bionic Commando, but why not Rearmed (the downloadable for LA/PSN)? How is that every console gets Rockman 9, but not the same for BC:R and some other things of that sort? Makes not a bit of sense to me... :lol

To me, though, as I've said before, I could easily see this being PS2/Wii, at the most. Tatsunoko's a family friendly brand in Japan, and what consoles are more "family friendly" than the PS2/Wii? Especially considering how well those two consoles are selling in that same region of the world?

And I would also like to think that the VERY reason why PS2/Wii aren't getting downscaled versions of SF4, in some way, is probably because Capcom thinks that TvC would be both more "fitting" on the PS2/Wii, and it would serve to only help expand their market. SF4 can be their "next gen/HD" champion, while TvC is for the lower-end of things.

toneroni

TreIII said:
If it was a fair world all around, then sure, I'd be right with ya.

But, as we all know, live ain't fair. I can understand the Wii not getting something like the next-gen Bionic Commando, but why not Rearmed (the downloadable for LA/PSN)? How is that every console gets Rockman 9, but not the same for BC:R and some other things of that sort? Makes not a bit of sense to me... :lol

To me, though, as I've said before, I could easily see this being PS2/Wii, at the most. Tatsunoko's a family friendly brand in Japan, and what consoles are more "family friendly" than the PS2/Wii? Especially considering how well those two consoles are selling in that same region of the world?

And I would also like to think that the VERY reason why PS2/Wii aren't getting downscaled versions of SF4, in some way, is probably because Capcom thinks that TvC would be both more "fitting" on the PS2/Wii, and it would serve to only help expand their market. SF4 can be their "next gen/HD" champion, while TvC is for the lower-end of things.

Do Not Agree.

TreIII

toneroni said:
Do Not Agree.

Feel free to.

But let's look at it this way; thus far this generation, the only truly "next-gen" fighting game that Capcom has made, is SF4. And I wouldn't be surprised if that turned out to be the only one/series for the moment, cuz making such a game doesn't come cheap.

Everything else? Sengoku BASARA X? Fate: Unlimited Codes? Gundam vs. Gundam (they make the engine for Banpresto/Bamco)? All games running on basically PS2 hardware, and have been selling well enough. These game's recent successes (and I'm sure Capcom hasn't turned a blind eye to the likes of Arcana Heart and its sequel, either) have only done more to showcase that the low-end market is still selling, so there's very good reason to support it.

yankee666

Tenbatsu said:

Nice post, thanks for the updates Tenbatsu!!!

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Hahaha, that's kind of a weird thing to do, putting the entire title of the game in hiragana, and having the motif be japanese...temples? I don't even know.

Boss Doggie

Random rumor I heard - Time Bokan's Skull Trio and MML's Bonne Family are in. Skull Trio was asked by some players and they were given a "nod".

Remember though - RUMOR.

RedBoot

Ookami-kun said:
Random rumor I heard - Time Bokan's Skull Trio and MML's Bonne Family are in. Skull Trio was asked by some players and they were given a "nod".

Remember though - RUMOR.

That would be interesting. I wonder if they would fight as a trio, or maybe you would control Tron/Skull Trio's lead and the others would pop in for assists and such.

Having the Bonne family would mean that MML was spoken for, though, so any playable Megaman would be from a different MM series. Classic MM is probably the most likely, of course, but I thought MML Megaman would fit in the best with this game's style.

Being new to the Tatsunoko stuff, I have a question: is the Skull Trio in Time Bokan the same as the one in Yatterman, or are they just intentionally similar?

Dali

Just watched that PV. I'm so excited for this game. Looks to play incredibly similar to MvC2.

The way the music changes to each character's theme on tags is kind of jarring though. I like the fan service the remixed themes delivers, but the constantly changing music will take some getting used to.

diss

Banned
I can only vaguely remember some of these characters from childhood, yet I still want this! I hope they can somehow get this out in NA.

Boss Doggie

RedBoot said:
Being new to the Tatsunoko stuff, I have a question: is the Skull Trio in Time Bokan the same as the one in Yatterman, or are they just intentionally similar?

They're different, but they play essentially the same role.

Boss Doggie

Sorry to double-post...

Someone able to say this rumor before? Back in mmcafe I think Iggy was able to grab some info from 2ch.

No Karas or SoulTaker.

Strider is in.

Mistouze

user-friendly man-cashews
ShockingAlberto said:
Franziska would make more sense.

You didn't understand my reasonning, it's because Phoenix Wright in a fighting game makes no sense that it would awesome. Franziska could be a super...

Boss Doggie

RyuHayate said:
No Dante yet? Hell, if you really want to make me happy, throw in Nero, too.

From what I heard, Kamiya said that he was getting tired of Dante appearing in many non-DMC stuff.

So we might end up with either no Dante or playable Nero.

MoxManiac

Ookami-kun said:
From what I heard, Kamiya said that he was getting tired of Dante appearing in many non-DMC stuff.

So we might end up with either no Dante or playable Nero.

Has he really been in a lot of non DMC stuff though? Offhand I can only think of SMT and maybe card fighers clash.

ezekial45

Banned
MoxManiac said:
Has he really been in a lot of non DMC stuff though? Offhand I can only think of SMT and maybe card fighers clash.

He had a cameo in the Darkstalkers PSP game. Other than that, i can't think of anything else.

Top Bottom