• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Trump victory tour starts Thursday in Cincinatti Ohio

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pyrokai

Why would Ohio of all places protest this?

Because Ohio's cities are much like most of the country's and didn't vote for Trump, including Cincinnati.

And much like PA, MI, and WI, the rural vote outnumbered the urban vote this time around.

If he comes to Columbus, I will be protesting the shit out of it.

Conservative ideology seems to thrive on projection. From their politicies to their campaigns.

Don't forget double standards and "right makes right".

Like you could tell my parents Obama absolved them of all debt and they'd still find some way to complain about it.

Yet the day after the election my brother gets a free lunch on campus and they're all like "Trump got elected, things are looking up in the world!"

And then my mother wonders why people give her racist crap for being in a mixed marriage with my father.

S

M

H

Isn't this incredibly dangerous for such a volatile president-elect?

You think he'll be making decisions? He will be such a puppet that he will make GW Bush look like Geppetto. He's going to have a lot of free time on his hands by delegating all his decisions to others

Vena

You think he'll be making decisions? He will be such a puppet that he will make GW Bush look like Geppetto

It doesn't matter if some ex-marine or what-not shoots him when he's taunting over half of the voting population. Can't be a puppet with a bullet through your skull. That's what I mean when I say dangerous, this man is incredibly volatile and people react in very crazy ways around/about him.

Are they going to cart him around in a bullet-proof viewing car?

Secret Service is probably in a panic from this because there's no way for them to check everything and secure everything on this scale for this kind of "victory tour". There's a generally good reason you don't parade your president-elect around the country in public.

BriGuy

Watch for another 9/11 scale attack on American soil in the next year or two because our president was too busy masturbating his ego to focus on intelligence briefings.

Apathy

It doesn't matter if some ex-marine or what-not shoots him when he's taunting over half of the voting population. Can't be a puppet with a bullet through your skull. That's what I mean when I say dangerous, this man is incredibly volatile and people react in very crazy ways around/about him.

Secret Service is probably in a panic from this because there's no way for them to check everything and secure everything on this scale for this kind of "victory tour". There's a generally good reason you don't parade your president-elect around the country in public.

Hell the secret service didn't like the fact they had to secure trump tower or that he has plans to go back there often. About now they must be thinking "what if we we don't jump in front of a bullet, would name our jobs easier taking care of president pence"

smokeymicpot

Beat EviLore at pool.
This. We'll want to be paying extra close attention to whatever's happening in Washington while Daddy's on the road.

Basiclly and no one will notice. He does this with everything. Everytime he does something he just tweets something stupid. Everyone pays a attention to the tweet or the Hamilton thing.

Guy.brush

Has there ever been a historical precedence for a tour of this kind?

Not to frame Trump as Hitler, but yes 1933 after the election.
14851028_1_l.jpg
conflead6f-1-web.jpg

Lothar

Banned
Only Pence is coming to New Orleans? Is Trump actually not going to all the states? He'll just make Pence go? Lazy. Low energy. Sad.

Secret Service are going to need a SERIOUS upgrade in protecting Trump

Because Ohio's cities are much like most of the country's and didn't vote for Trump, including Cincinnati.

And much like PA, MI, and WI, the rural vote outnumbered the urban vote this time around.

If he comes to Columbus, I will be protesting the shit out of it.
Same with dayton. I might even drive to Cincinnati or Columbus if there is a large protest going on.
only an hour away from both cities.

daveo42

Banned
Same with dayton. I might even drive to Cincinnati or Columbus if there is a large protest going on.
only an hour away from both cities.

Daytonians represent! I'm already in Mason during the day, so it might be worth actually going downtown Thursday evening.

Downhome

I wish they would stop by here in SC but I highly doubt that will happen. I guess I could make it up to NC if he does one there, that's far more likely.

There should be an organized protest that just follows him around on his little tour and disrupts whatever the heck he's planning on doing at these things. Any little dent to his massive ego will cause him to slowly lose it more and more.

He will use these rallies to publicly attack his enemies, including & especially Republicans in the Houses. He will make a point of holding the rallies in the home state of whichever Republican challenges him, bet on it.

Isn't this incredibly dangerous for such a volatile president-elect?
It keeps his base angry & energised and whatever foolishness goes down at these rallies will dominate the news cycle. Meanwhile, his cronies back in Washington will enact policies that roll back a decade of progress.

Garlador

The wife and I are scheduled to move down to Cincinnati in January. We were scoping out the place a couple weeks ago for a place to live and talking to some of the locals.

... My understanding is while Ohio may have voted for Trump overall, CINCINNATI is very liberal and the mood up there was a ton of unrest and disappointment - from the hotel staff to the local restaurants - over the Trump victory.

I can't see this going well.

What kind of egomaniac has a "victory tour" for a presidential election anyway? You'd think he'd have so many responsibilities to take care of leading up to his inauguration. You'd think so, at least...

Mobius 1

Why won't this fuckwit take his facist parade to his supporters inner cities? Not enough of a crowd to screw ch his ego itch?

This could go awfully wrong in dangerous ways.

GuyKazama

The wife and I are scheduled to move down to Cincinnati in January. We were scoping out the place a couple weeks ago for a place to live and talking to some of the locals.

... My understanding is while Ohio may have voted for Trump overall, CINCINNATI is very liberal and the mood up there was a ton of unrest and disappointment - from the hotel staff to the local restaurants - over the Trump victory.

I can't see this going well.

What kind of egomaniac has a "victory tour" for a presidential election anyway? You'd think he'd have so many responsibilities to take care of leading up to his inauguration. You'd think so, at least...

I lived there for 20 years, and the Cincinnati area is fairly conservative. Downtown urban will of course lean liberal, but the daily discourse is moderate / conservative. Republicans would likely have gotten closer to 50% of the vote in Hamilton County if Trump wasn't running.

Surfinn

This feels like the end of Revenge of the Sith. Order 66 was election day. Victory tour is the construction of the Death Star.

At least he's doing it before he assumes the office. Will the cost be assumed by his campaign?

Also, learn to keep your assassination hopes and dreams to yourself. I have no desire for a President Pence or a lifetime of a Trump hagiography should he be killed. Like it or not, he is my president; there are ways to fight that without committing such a heinous act.

KingBroly

Banned
At least he's doing it before he assumes the office. Will the cost be assumed by his campaign?

Also, learn to keep your assassination hopes and dreams to yourself. I have no desire for a President Pence or a lifetime of a Trump hagiography should he be killed. Like it or not, he is my president; there are ways to fight that without committing such a heinous act.

I think it's more 'excess funds that need to be spent.' Usually happens. But I dunno here. Like I said before, this used to be a thing but stopped for one reason or another.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom