• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Vampire Diaries S5 | OT | and who are we kidding The Originals S1 | OT | too

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really? I'd guess there would be more in S1 to help it out like Buffy/Angel S1 (haha funny how TVD is S5 just like Buffy was when Angel started) and then do less as the show goes on. Assuming it does of course.

I wonder if TO gets canceled, will the Originals return to TVD?

Structure wise, i think Buffy/Angel could lend theirselves to cross-overs a lot easier. With TVD and TO, it'd almost seem forced with them both having their own story going on.

The reason I say one is I think they could have the whole Katherine/doppelganger thing to bring back up down the line. Also, yes I think the cast comes back in an instant if it gets cancelled. The Originals were great cast wise, I just think they slowed up the story too much.

Bladenic

Structure wise, i think Buffy/Angel could lend theirselves to cross-overs a lot easier. With TVD and TO, it'd almost seem forced with them both having their own story going on.

The reason I say one is I think they could have the whole Katherine/doppelganger thing to bring back up down the line. Also, yes I think the cast comes back in an instant if it gets cancelled. The Originals were great cast wise, I just think they slowed up the story too much.

Oh definitely, considering Buffy/Angel were set much closer to each other compared to TVD/TO.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Oh definitely, considering Buffy/Angel were set much closer to each other compared to TVD/TO.
Yep, Buffy/Angel were roughly 100 miles apart while TVD/TO is roughly 1000 miles apart. It's TV though so it won't really matter.

Yep, Buffy/Angel were roughly 100 miles apart while TVD/TO is roughly 1000 miles apart. It's TV though so it won't really matter.

I didn't really even mean distance, after the backdoor pilot Klaus was back immediately, I more mean the structure of the series. Buffy was closer to a procedural with bad guy of the week format, or later on with little 3 episode arcs, where VD is more of a serial. Coming up with a small 3 episode story to bring Buffy and Angel together is a lot easier than shoehorning in a way to bring VD and TO together when they don't really have small stories like that. It'd just feel forced and probably end up making both feel worse overall.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
I didn't really even mean distance, after the backdoor pilot Klaus was back immediately, I more mean the structure of the series. Buffy was closer to a procedural with bad guy of the week format, or later on with little 3 episode arcs, where VD is more of a serial. Coming up with a small 3 episode story to bring Buffy and Angel together is a lot easier than shoehorning in a way to bring VD and TO together when they don't really have small stories like that. It'd just feel forced and probably end up making both feel worse overall.
Yes it would feel forced but it felt forced with Buffy/Angel also.

"Oh we found this ring. Oz you're going to LA, give it to Angel."

The only reason they did it so much is that they had the excuse they were only 1.5 hours away from each other.

Pachimari

5 days!

hsbpvyc.jpg

EDITED 29.09
Added these to The Originals post:

ZVKlfHi.jpg
bKe5D09.jpg
qVlj5sy.jpg

KurPdg7.jpg
O97OvR2.jpg
uriBYst.jpg

D8am2MR.jpg
dhko1YS.jpg

Joni

Nice that they did Silas and Stefan. I hope Silas can show a crazy side like emotionless Stefan did.

mr stroke

Can't wait for season 5. Crossing fingers it will be better than season 4. 1-3 were amazing and last season really shit the bed with too many story lines.

I'm so stoked to watch this season.

This is the one show I permit myself to watch that's supernatural because its so awful but so great at the same time.

Delena smut. I need it.

Pachimari

I won't be able to see them until tomorrow as well but I'm super excited!

First The Originals and then The Vampire Diaries right?

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
I wonder if it's possible that Silas has a brother...

Was wondering where the Damon poster was.

I won't be watching until tomorrow afternoon, but I'm gonna watch it with my cousin, sister, and mom. Two hours of awesomeness incoming!

Katherine and Elena both had non-doppleganger family members.

But a brother to still be alive or at least to be able to come back to life? Some bloodline twist, sure I can see it. But to have some brother just randomly show up? It would just seem to me like they're just replacing the OG's with new model's.

Wait, did we ever get any kind of confirmation on the whole Stefan a doppelganger thing? I didn't really understand that.

kirblar

But a brother to still be alive or at least to be able to come back to life? Some bloodline twist, sure I can see it. But to have some brother just randomly show up? It would just seem to me like they're just replacing the OG's with new model's.

Wait, did we ever get any kind of confirmation on the whole Stefan a doppelganger thing? I didn't really understand that.
Yeah, Stefan's one- Silas confirmed it in the finale. (Silas is the original.) He just doesn't have the strings attached that Elena does. At least none that we know of.

Yeah, Stefan's one- Silas confirmed it in the finale. (Silas is the original.) He just doesn't have the strings attached that Elena does. At least none that we know of.

How'd he confirm it? I don't know if I forgot or if I just missed it. I may have to rewatch the last couple episodes now that they're on netflix.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
The hype from watching the finale live was stopping me from actually understanding the logic but watching that makes sense. The immortality spell was the origin of the doppleganger phenomenon. As a mechanism of balance, a doppleganger (someone who could die) had to be created by nature.

With Tatia being the original Petrova, does that mean she was immortal, too?

Joni

With Tatia being the original Petrova, does that mean she was immortal, too?
Esther used Tatia's blood as a catalyst for her spell so a Petrova double and the Originals become immortal.
Silas used himself for his spell so a Silas double while he becomes immortal.

Or the other theory, Doppelgängers are actually supernatural beings. Silas and Tatia were Doppelgängers before the spell.

dbztrk

I met Paul Wesley in passing recently. I called out his name as I walked passed him on the street and he said "hey man, how's it going." It perked my day up.

Pachimari

So 7.5 hours left?

I updated the OP with updated pictures of the cast.

We should start rate each episode on a 5-star scale or something after we have watched them, and do something to keep the discussion going through the week until the next episodes.

I have the feeling that we are in for a shocker of a premiere, dunno why, I just feel more hyped going into S5 than I did S4.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom