• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Vampire Diaries S5 | OT | and who are we kidding The Originals S1 | OT | too

Status
Not open for further replies.

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
Last character promo:

qZEmlV3.png

Saved the best for last.

Pachimari

Eh... Some dude on Twitter posted a spoiler from the premiere - I'm staying off that lawn until tomorrow!

Is this countdown correct? If so, then I will add it to the OP:

t1380855600z4.png

Joni

We should start rate each episode on a 5-star scale or something after we have watched them, and do something to keep the discussion going through the week until the next episodes.
Unless the first episode is a bore we'll easily fill up a page or two discussing whatever happened during the week.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
I'll take what I do with manga (give it a grade from F all the way up to A) for each episode and post a mini (or not so mini) review with each episode for the season.
Eh... Some dude on Twitter posted a spoiler from the premiere - I'm staying off that lawn until tomorrow!

Is this countdown correct? If so, then I will add it to the OP:

t1380855600z4.png
I don't think that's right, it's VD at 8pm eastern right?

In that case we only have 4 more hours left!

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
Yep t-minus 4 hours

Edit: I just saw the CW will be showing a fucking high school football game in my town instead

Ffffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Pachimari

I'm actually equally excited about The Originals, as surprising as that may be. The preview clips just look so good and that Elijah! I can't wait to see more of Sophie, my favorite addition so far.

Solo

I just got in from a draining trip....think Im gonna crash out and save these two for tomorrow or the weekend.

jwk94

Wait, what happened to Jeremy's ring?

Hold up! Is their roommate a vampire hunter? Oh, and how does Jeremy get expelled so quickly? That school has messed up rules.

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
Well that was good. I almost felt a bit sorry for Stefan. What did they do to Matt? But holy shit TVD, why must you kill all parents?

And it looks like Ian and Nina's break up is not fucking up my Delena <3

Bladenic

I already abhor Sophie. Die.

And Hayley was despised by TVD fans. Why would they use her? Ugh and the pregnancy storyline still sucks.

But Elijah is amazing as always.

Bladenic

Man fuck that ending and fuck Klaus. Not even sure I'll keep up weekly with The Originals honestly. Glad they're finally off TVD.

kirblar

Wait, what happened to Jeremy's ring?

Hold up! Is their roommate a vampire hunter? Oh, and how does Jeremy get expelled so quickly? That school has messed up rules.
Jeremy retained the hunter strength after returning from the dead- it was actually a clever way of letting the audience know that.

Prologue

So Stefan is pretty much dying repeatedly, thats rough.

Couldn't help but notice that Elena looks a but curvier this season.

Wiktor

Dear God, Klaus is such a glorious dick :D

And really...after all this time how about putting a metal plate where the heart is in that suit Elijah :D

I like Originals, New Orleans is a great setting and it's nice that the cast is all adults. But if it's supposed to continue for long time they really need something truly powerful as enemy though. Originals as they are tend to be simply way to strong. Both brothers could propably slaughter the whole Marcel's army with ease in one night.

Best case scenario would be to introduce new race of supernaturals, especially since it would freshen up the universe and made Originals seem to stand more on it's own. So I hope that Marcel's girl turns out to be more than just super witch.

Somnia

I liked both premiers.

TVD: It feels like they are going to stay dark this season, hopefully. They've really set up a few story-lines in the first episode already and I like where it's going so far, though I am a bit surprised how fast Silas revealed himself, I figured they would go multiple episodes with him pretending to be Stefan to everyone.

Originals: Was basically a redone episode of the backdoor pilot, I enjoyed it for what it was and my friend who hasn't watched TVD at all (is about to start on netflix) was able to understand what was going on for the most part and liked it so that's a good sign. I highly doubt Elijah will be daggered for too long.

The Originals was pretty boring since they literally used scenes from the pilot. I don't think the premiere ratings were that great either bt hopefully they stay steady.

Edit: it premiered with a .9 its gone brahs.....

finowns

The Originals was pretty boring since they literally used scenes from the pilot. I don't think the premiere ratings were that great either bt hopefully they stay steady.

Edit: it premiered with a .9 its gone brahs.....

The series premiere of THE ORIGINALS gave The CW its best time period ratings in a year, drawing 2.15M viewers, a 0.9/3 in A18-34, 1.4/3 in W18-34 and 0.9/3 in A18-49.

Is 0.9 bad? This sounds positive.

kirblar

The series premiere of THE ORIGINALS gave The CW its best time period ratings in a year, drawing 2.15M viewers, a 0.9/3 in A18-34, 1.4/3 in W18-34 and 0.9/3 in A18-49.

It means it's not going to move to Tuesdays, lol.

Joni

I feel The Vampire Diaries played its hand too quickly. I would have preferred Silas pretending a bit more while still murdering the mayor. I do like his methods, mindcontrolling the entire town to get Katherina. I do wonder what he wants with her. Maybe the Petrova bloodline existed for way longer or he can use her to become mortal. I'm betting the guys attacking Matt are actually good guys.

The Originals was a bit of a bore.

TVD was pretty hype. I just want to skip to the part where Bonnie's alive again because they can't play up she's dead all season. I do like that they're trying to keep the Silas stuff away from these new developments at Hot Sexy College. They won't stay separated for long though.

Shouts to The Originals for making nice use of the Director's Cut footage for the Based Elijah side of the pilot. And that was a dick move on Klaus' part. But seeing as the only time he's not one is when he's thinking with it when it comes to Caroline anyway. But that's Candice Accola and she has that effect on men. So understandable.

And I can't wait for the storylines from both shows to start "bleeding" into each other. Everybody has super speed. They can make it work.

PR people can spin anything. They are not excited with a .9 premiere, even kf they are the CW. Show will last this season tops.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
This show is my guilty pleasure. I enjoyed The Originals as well.

Somnia

PR people can spin anything. They are not excited with a .9 premiere, even kf they are the CW. Show will last this season tops.

It adjusted up as an FYI

CW The Originals - Series Premiere 1.0/3 2.21

Still only a 1.0, but that is great for the CW in this time frame, it's not amazing, but for them it's some of the best ratings they've had in this time frame in awhile on Thursday.

Not sure why people are so disappointed in the ratings for The Originals. I figured the ceiling for its audience was TVD's audience. Getting 1.0 out of 1.2 to stick around is pretty good.

Now maybe it'll collapse once it moves to Tuesday, but until that happens the CW should be fine with its numbers.

sturmdogg

Anyone else notice how bad the cast of TVD looked? Either their makeup artist was having an off day, or they all aged a lot during the break.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Anyone else notice how bad the cast of TVD looked? Either their makeup artist was having an off day, or they all aged a lot during the break.

What I noticed was how thin Elena's arms are, when she was holding that box in front of her she looked way too thin.

Wiktor

I only noticed it with Elena. Caroline and Damon looked as always and Silases Stefan looked better than ever. Propably because his hair got a bit less ridiculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom