• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Thor 3: Ragnarok | Production Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

strafer

eD8qd3p.png

Sam Neill & Jeff Goldblum reunion?

1327116751996.gif~original

njnvcrr.gif

Burt

Jesus, took them long enough to get rid of the cape stands on Thor's shoulders. Looks a million times better.

Jonogunn

Given the high stature of Thor and his magical armour and shit why would you guys think this armour is an upgrade? It's like comparing the Starks armor in game of thrones to the gold cloaks.

Litan

Given the high stature of Thor and his magical armour and shit why would you guys think this armour is an upgrade? It's like comparing the Starks armor in game of thrones to the gold cloaks.
For real.
I liked Thor's armor in the movies and the way his cape stood off his shoulders.
Differentiated it from the usual generic fantasy stuff and really made it feel otherworldly.

What comic book is that and what does it tell me?
Part of the X-Men arc Mutant Massacre. Ties in with X-Factor, X-Men and New Mutants... I think Power Pack too. Thor fights the Marauders to save Angel.

Probably means he's just reading a random Thor comic.

Edit: Oh yeah, Hela is in it so maybe he's reading it to get some background on her and how he'll interact with the character.

S1kkZ

Are we expecting a teaser trailer soon? Doctor Strange is getting close to release i guess, but wouldn't a GOTG teaser have priority?

dont expect a teaser before january. i expect a gotg2 teaser with strange.
i hope they go nuts with the thor3 marketing and really highlight the humor.

DeathyBoy

Banned
One interview he did years ago taken and it wasn't even that bad.

It was that bad, but it's not his fault given Odin went from gruff in the first one to a full on racist douchebag in the second. Odin in Thor 2 being all "fucking kill them all" was so weird after his "a King must know when to not fight" from the first. And yeah, I know it's because Russo died... but that's even more problematic.

dont expect a teaser before january. i expect a gotg2 teaser with strange.
i hope they go nuts with the thor3 marketing and really highlight the humor.

I'm not, just wondering what that post by Broken Joystick was about. :)
I can't believe how excited i'm getting for this after how indifferent i've felt about the last Thor film (the first one was agreeable enough). When they revealed the title for this one i thought they're trying to go all out with grim and grit, but then they hired Taika Waititi of all people. XD

Anyway, i hope they knock it out of the park this time. Third time's the charm, right?

Third time's the charm, right?

Something that only 1-3 comic book films can say. Or to some people, zero.
Let's hope this one is a home run though. Thor deserves it.

Iron Man 3, Dark Knight Rises, Civil War being the only ones I could think of anyone posting as 3rd times the charm

It was that bad, but it's not his fault given Odin went from gruff in the first one to a full on racist douchebag in the second. Odin in Thor 2 being all "fucking kill them all" was so weird after his "a King must know when to not fight" from the first. And yeah, I know it's because Russo died... but that's even more problematic.

Are you sure you watched the movie? How is he a racist douchebag?

I'm still afraid to watch the 2nd Thor movie because the 1st was so ridiculously bad. Hopefully they pull something out of this one...

Dude the first Thor movie was way better than the second. Thor 1 has a lot of humor and personality for a blockbuster superhero movie. Thor 2 was the typical joyless CGI-fest. If you didn't even like the first one, then definitely don't even consider The Dark World.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom