• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TMNT: Mutants in Manhattan rated. (Activision, Platinum Games, PC/PS4/XB1/360/PS3)

Coda

file_200551_0_tmnt16658.jpg

Definitely a fan of the gritty art style.

Legend of Korra, Transformers Devastation, and now TMNT? (Not to mention *GASP* an Xbox One exclusive dragon game...)

Is Platinum getting little, I don't know... "mercenary", this gen?

Considering they are one of the few devs giving content to the Wii U, I'd say yes.

Who woulda thunk that Activision of all companies would be the ones keeping Platinum alive.
Hope it continues to work out for everyone, gamers included.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
That's bait, but ok, do you really think that he is better than Kamiya?

Recently, yes. Saito delivers to me glorious combat without drowning it in poorly conceived mini-games and wonky pacing.

I'm so very pleased with this news. I love Platinum games.

8rbYChfZTh2XC.gif

Now if we could only get Itagaki to do a licensed Ninja Turtles Fighter.

48242_front.jpg

+

itagaki350.jpg

Do it Activision.

Zia

Hope this is as good as the Transformers game. Also, I wonder if this is a Game Awards announcement? Didn't Platinum announce something there last year that ended up leaking?

Blues1990

Is it possible that this game could be cased off of the new Nickelodeon series, or like that recent Transformers video game, is based off of the new comics?

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Hope this is as good as the Transformers game. Also, I wonder if this is a Game Awards announcement? Didn't Platinum announce something there last year that ended up leaking?

Transformers leaked via retail stuff and classifications shortly before its supposed IGN unveil so I'd be pretty surprised if this super on target TMNT unveil isn't at either Game Awards or PSX.

Legend of Korra, Transformers Devastation, and now TMNT? (Not to mention *GASP* an Xbox One exclusive dragon game...)

Is Platinum getting little, I don't know... "mercenary", this gen?
They need to get paid and they've proved time and time again that they can juggle multiple projects easily, nothing wrong with being the best hired gun in the industry.

I'd love to see the Mirage era art style.

If I can't get that, 2k3 series has a terrific style.

Least fave would be the original cartoon style.

Great news!
Te BEST and ONLY.

200.gif

200.gif

200.gif
I hope the game utilizes this art style too.

Can I also get a remake of Turtles Back in Time? PLEASE!

And please don't be platform exclusive!

Edit:
F***! Now I'm having major cravings to play some Ninja Gaidan! But I no longer have the means to do so! :(

Recently, yes. Saito delivers to me glorious combat without drowning it in poorly conceived mini-games and wonky pacing.

The top down level in Devastation was a bit misplaced but other than that yeah, Rising and Devastation solidified him as my favorite director at Platinum.

t1gerjaw

I agree that Saito has potential, but I think he needs to direct more games before I can compare him with Kamiya. I loved MGR, but only played 1 hour of Transformers, and my impression was that the combat was a bit too shallow. Speaking about Kamiya, the less I talk about TW101 the better, but I can't deny his legacy.

Sesha

Transformers leaked via retail stuff and classifications shortly before its supposed IGN unveil so I'd be pretty surprised if this super on target TMNT unveil isn't at either Game Awards or PSX.

Considering Revengeance was revealed at the Game Awards/VGX/whatever, and TMNT not being a PS exclusive and probably not PSFirst or anything like that I'm guessing it'll be at the Keighley Awards.

I'd love for it to be a classic sidescroller instead of being more in the vein of their standard character action titles. It'd also work better for couch co-op that way.

vinnygambini

Why are strippers at the U.N. bad when they're great at strip clubs???
Well there is the movie coming out in June and a trailer is due to launch in December, so maybe we'll hear news about the game similarly when the movie trailer releases.

Just the top-down part? That whole semi-open world city area is shit.

Didn't really bother me too much since that was pretty obviously budget related. I'm glad they prioritized the combat and encounter design over the environmental variety. Korra had more linear levels with more variety, but the combat in the game was middling at best, and the game barely even had boss fights.

Pie and Beans

IS ANYBODY ELSE ALREADY GETTING FRISKY AT THE THOUGHT OF THE SOUNDTRACK? Please bring back boss vocal themes that cut in at half heath phase. Plz.

The top down level in Devastation was a bit misplaced but other than that yeah, Rising and Devastation solidified him as my favorite director at Platinum.

Yeah, a bizarre blemish that top-down part was. Felt like a real "well thats minus a point or two in reviews!" black mark.

I agree that Saito has potential, but I think he needs to direct more games before I can compare him with Kamiya. I loved MGR, but only played 1 hour of Transformers, and my impression was that the combat was a bit too shallow. Speaking about Kamiya, the less I talk about TW101 the better, but I can't deny his legacy.

I guess it all depends on whenever we get a Saito + Actual Normal Game Budget project. Him cranking out two fantastic games in half normal dev time is basis already for him being a lean ass amazing director.

Transformers combat was very much a case of you get out what you put in. You had to be thirsty to see and experiment with combos and only play on the hard difficulties as otherwise the game would probably indeed feel like a mashy breeze.

I was all about Kamiya until his last two projects. W101 was all over the place and I get bad juju vibes from Scalebound. He needs a stricter editor but then he wouldn't be Kamiya I guess..

What?!

Also how did it get an M rating based on that? Unless the AU rating system is different from the ESRB

Seeing as they rate based on online interactivity (which the ESRB does not) I would assume its different...

With that said, if there is Online Interaction/Voice Chat i would rate ANY game Mature... any game where some 10 year old can start slinging racial slurs and obscenities deserves an M Rating no matter who the demographic is for...

There is a reason why the ESRB has to put "online functionality is not rated" on every game.

Top Bottom