• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toys R Us Buy 2 get 1 Free October 16-22

image_thumb.png

Credit goes to CAG

*Inclues accessories as well (MS Points/PSN cards/Gift cards are not accessories)
*does not include pre-orders ("placeholder" games seem to have been removed this year)
*not sure if it will be online or not, but the last couple B2G1 sales it has been
*not sure if Amazon or Best Buy will match this --- YMMV normally

Notable recent titles:
Gears of War 3
Batman Arkham City
Forza 4
RAGE
Dark Souls (YMMV in stores?)
Dead Island
NBA 2k12
Red Dead Redmption GOTY
Deus Ex: HR
ICO/SotC HD Collection
Warhammer Space Marine
Resistance 3
El Shaddai

Frester

I usually go in on this with 2 friends, so everybody gets a game for $40. So tempted to get Dark Souls even though I have Demon's and haven't played it yet...

wait so its buy 3 @ $120 so that's $40 a game, not bad may have to stop by Toysrus. I've seen quite a few games come up on Newegg for $45 recently. I think Deus Ex is $45 until tomorrow.

diffusionx

Gold Member
This is always a great sale but it lands right before my birthday. There are 3 recent games I want (DX, Gears 3, SOTC/ICO) but I'm hoping somebody gifts it to me. Oh well.

diffusionx said:
This is always a great sale but it lands right before my birthday. There are 3 recent games I want (DX, Gears 3, SOTC/ICO) but I'm hoping somebody gifts it to me. Oh well.
Tell potential gifters about the deal. ;) This is also happening right before my birthday, and I'm definitely letting my wife know about this.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
big_z said:
why would this year be anything different. all the best deals dont come to canada.

Not true, TRU had this deal in Canada for years, but if I remember correctly, it was very half-assed last year.

EXGN

Damn, wish this was taking place in one month. I might bite anyways, but Uncharted 3 + Batman + ESV woulda been awesome :(

kokujin said:
Can I get a game i don't want as a place holder and exchange it for a game later that's the same price?

The way the games are rung out at the POS seems to have gotten rid of this option this year.

I recommend Dark Souls guys - it's the best Metroidvania style game we've had in a while and damn does it have mileage. Easily a 100 hour campaign and then some after new game + and completionist endeavors.

I haven't torn through a game like this since SoTN.

0 HP

kokujin said:
Can I get a a game i don't want as a place holder and exchange it for a game later that's the same price?
i doubt it...the receipt is going to say that one of the games is $0.00

_dementia said:
Definitely tempted, but no Uncharted 3 or KOF13 makes me pass.
every game in the electronics section works, not just the ones in the OP. they'll definitely have uncharted and probably KOF

Cornbread78

Good deal as always, but I cannot brake my limited gaming budget this fall, just waaaay too many games and not even close to enough time to even touch them.

Would definately pick up Dead Island, Dark Souls and Batman. ( I already have Resistance3 and I'm loving it, even though R3 GAF appears to have already moved onto Dark Souls......

AEREC

Will Amazon really match the deal...I should have enough credit there to get Batman and Forza next week.

Is it something you have to call and check or will they advertise it.

Dosia

Can MS points be gifted nowadays? Say I get 3 1600 point cards. Can I redeem all 4800 points and send 2400 to a friend?

kokujin said:
I'm hoping to get a November release for free. I'll look into it.

Not possible anymore. Quoting this here for all to see, from a TRU employee at CAG:

Originally Posted by prim4444
New register program.

It will take the value of the free game and factor it into the return price of the two games you pay for.

If all your games are $60, your receipt will look something like this. The refund price may be a few dollars more. I'm not sure about the exact percentage of the free game will be deducted, I know it's between 75% - 100%, but you will get an idea.

Game 1 $59.99
(refund price $29.99)

Game 2 $59.99
(refund price $29.99)

Game 3 $0.00

If you try to return game 1 or 2 after the sale is over, you will only get credit for the refund price, not the whole value of the game.

If you want your money back after the sale, you will need to return ALL 3 games to get back exactly what you paid.

0 HP said:
every game in the electronics section works, not just the ones in the OP. they'll definitely have uncharted and probably KOF

Uncharted 3 and KOF XIII will definitely not be able to be purchased since they come out in November :p

Dosia said:
Can MS points be gifted nowadays? Say I get 3 1600 point cards. Can I redeem all 4800 points and send 2400 to a friend?

Point cards are not considered accessories, they're considered gift cards or something odd. Not available in the sale.

GQman2121

Banned
I only plan on buying Batman and Uncharted and that's going to be a little more than $90 out of pocket. I don't think spending $30 more for one game is worth it for me personally.

0 HP said:
Uncharted and KOF come out next month dude.

Look at the dates the sale it good for.

Top Bottom