• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UFC on Versus 5: Hardy vs Lytle - 8.14.11 - 6pm PT / 9pm ET

Status
Not open for further replies.
oU8OG.jpg

Venue: Bradley Center
Broadcast: Versus and Facebook

MAIN CARD (Versus & Premier Sports TV) - 6pm PT / 9pm ET

Dan Hardy vs. Chris Lytle
Ben Henderson vs. Jim Miller
Donald Cerrone vs. Charles Oliveira
Duane Ludwig vs. Amir Sadollah

PRELIMINARY CARD (Facebook) - 2:45 PT / 5:45 ET

C.B. Dollaway vs. Jared Hamman
Joseph Benavidez vs. Eddie Wineland
Ed Herman vs. Kyle Noke
Ronny Markes vs. Karlos Vemola
Alex Caceres vs. Jim Hettes
Cole Miller vs. T.J. O'Brien
Danny Castillo vs. Jacob Volkmann
Edwin Figueroa vs. Jason Reinhardt

GfGdS.png

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
This card is going to be TITTIES!!!!!!!!!!!

Chris Lytle
Jim Miller
Donald Cerrone
Amir Sadollah

C.B. Dollaway
Joseph Benavidez
Ed Herman
Karlos Vemola
Jim Hettes
Cole Miller
Jacob Volkmann
Edwin Figueroa

I can't wait. Cerrone and Sadollah are my two favorite fighters. Overall this card might not have big names but its one of the most stacked cards talent wise that's been on in awhile imo.

Also, is it too soon to say goodbye to Bruce Leroy?

Rur0ni

Donthizz# said:
Hardy missed weight on the first try ha! now guaranteed to get cut if he losses...
Shame really. Fought GSP, wrestlefucked... Condit, KO'd... Anthony Johnson, too big.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
polyh3dron said:
BTW: unfortunately for UK viewers, this won't be on ESPN.
It's being shown on the UFC site for free for people in the UK.

Heel

Great matchmaking from Joe Silva on this card. I haven't second guessed myself on this many picks in a long time. Can't wait!

Ed Herman vs. Kyle Noke

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
great card, especially for a versus event

Ed Herman vs. Kyle Noke

SteveWD40

"Thats what happens when Big Country does your fucking weight cut" - Dan Hardy

Lytle didn't care either way, war both those guys.

Picking Hardy though, he gets too much shit for his losing streak, he lost to 3 beasts and Lytle "lost" to Paul Taylor (robbed) who now fights at LW and is a worse (less technical) version of Hardy.

Dan's too big, GSP and AJ are not a benchamrk of TDD.

Daigoro

op_ivy said:
great card, especially for a versus event

Ed Herman vs. Kyle Noke

VS events regularly have among the best cards of the year, if not the best.

they've always been amazing, and free if you have a cable package with this station. glad they are still doing these even after they folded WEC.

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
Here are my picks. I'm not too familiar with a lot of the prelim fighters but I'm looking forward to tonight.

Ed Herman vs. Kyle Noke

I got Lytle, Miller, and Sadollah. The fight between Cerrone and Oliveira is really tough to pick. I love them both and they're so evenly matched. I want to pick Cerrone but I just keep having vision of Oliveira out speeding Cerrone and getting his back so I'm gonna have to take Oliveira for the win in that one. Either way its a FOTN contender for sure.

Heel

I'm second guessing a few of my picks today but I'll stick with them.

Not sure if Figueroa has what it takes to beat a grizzled veteran at this stage. I really liked what he showed in the McDonald fight, though. He's going places.

Castillo knows Volkmann has to lay on him for 3 rounds to win. Castillo is no slouch in the wrestling department (trains at Alpha Male), but I'm banking on Volkmann being too good for him to neutralize it. That's a lot to ask.

I'm hoping Markes can weather the early storm from Vemola and take him deep into the fight. I'm not convinced Vemola has any real fighting talent...former body builder who tries to overwhelm you with raw power. He can be exposed, but don't know if Markes is the man to do it. Just have a hunch though. A few of you guys may be following me to a quick and definitive loss on this pick, haha.

I think Hamman is a lot better fit at 185. This fight is closer than the line is giving credit for. Looked like he had a good cut too. That said, it's been a long layoff and he deserves to be the underdog. Also, I hate looking at C.B. Dollaway's face and will continue to pick against him when remotely logical.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
sien916 said:
I'm second guessing a few of my picks today but I'll stick with them.

Not sure if Figueroa has what it takes to beat a grizzled veteran at this stage.

Reinhardt is fucking terrible. I've seen more than a few amateurs that would destroy him. Most of his fights have been on shows he runs against fighters he has picked for himself. I was really hoping he'd be the favorite so I could make the easiest money ever!

dem

I have money burning a hole in my pocket... but i can't decide on these freaking fights

Heel

Brian Fellows said:
Reinhardt is fucking terrible. I've seen more than a few amateurs that would destroy him. Most of his fights have been on shows he runs against fighters he has picked for himself. I was really hoping he'd be the favorite so I could make the easiest money ever!

Haha that would explain the line then. Reinhardt is the biggest dog on the card barring Bruce Leroy.

dream

Reinhardt is the worst of all the Iowa record padders and I hope he gets stretchered out. Particularly after seeing his "I'm a fighter!" tattoos.

dream

Dammit, I wanted to see Reinhardt either tap to strikes or get knocked out violently enough to require an oxygen mask.

Unless you train with Marco Ruas, no 41 year old white man should have a tattoo that says "Vale Tudo." Particularly since he's never fought under anything remotely similar to Vale Tudo rules.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Yea Volkmann is solid. He'll never be a title contender but he makes a good mid road test for folks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom