• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UFC on Versus 5: Hardy vs Lytle - 8.14.11 - 6pm PT / 9pm ET

Status
Not open for further replies.
It certainly doesn't help that Dan Hardy is such a moron that he doesn't realize that his stupid fucking hairstyle accentuates every time his head snaps back so much that it makes even the simplest jab look like his opponent just landed a flaming falcon punch.

ToxicAdam

sien916 said:
I had Hardy losing the round (and the fight) even if he completed a takedown. Anyone have it different? Hardy didn't land much in the 3rd. Lytle was landing body shots and more the whole round.

I'm with you, but knowing some of the past UFC judging decisions, it might have swung Hardy's way. I think Hardy clearly took the second round.

Rur0ni

So hardy survives to fight another day. He should hope they don't stick him with someone who will wrestlefuck him, but then again at this level of competition you have to have an answer for it.

Nice to see Lytle going out proper with two bonuses, retiring on a finish and record for awards. Much respect.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Rur0ni said:
So hardy survives to fight another day. He should hope they don't stick him with someone who will wrestlefuck him, but then again at this level of competition you have to have an answer for it.

Nice to see Lytle going out proper with two bonuses, retiring on a finish and record for awards. Much respect.
Welterweight is the last place you want to be if you have a wrestling weakness.

I'm guessing they'll give Hardy the Alves treatment and sign some rookie prospect off the street to feed to him.

Rur0ni

BamYouHaveAids said:
Hardy is one of the two British fighters that has even a little public exposure, he and Bipsing will not be cut no matter what.
That's pretty much it. Only other guy who comes to mind is Pearson.

dream

The problem with Outlaw Dan is he got put in there with 2 fighters that would stand and bang with him and he got knocked out by one and submitted by the other. I'm all for supporting middling fighters who show personality and go out there to fight but I can't even imagine where Outlaw Dan goes from here.

dream said:
The problem with Outlaw Dan is he got put in there with 2 fighters that would stand and bang with him and he got knocked out by one and submitted by the other. I'm all for supporting middling fighters who show personality and go out there to fight but I can't even imagine where Outlaw Dan goes from here.

I don't know where he goes, but I do know it should never be on the top of a card with the UFC brand on it again. I'm glad Lytle will get to keep that poster for his wall, and the big paycheck as a retirement gift, but Dan Hardy is no Main Eventer.

dream

You're being interviewed by a lady, Cowboy. Don't call her "man," you schmuck.

god, then he called her "darlin'" which, I guess, is marginally better.

Dysun

Always laugh when Dan Hardy loses but I still think he would smoke Sadollah and a bunch of other mid level fighters. Lucky guy to survive 4 losses

I never thought Ben Henderson was the real deal until tonight

SteveWD40

Hardy has stated he is taking some time off, says his head isn't in it right now as he has had the fastest rise and fall in the UFC and he needs to reinvent himself.

Hope he goes to Xtreme Couture (he lives in Vegas now) as his camp seems to be his issue, he will never be top 5 but he could be a legit fringe top 10 / gatekeeper who puts on exiting fights,, much like Lytle has always been and he gets plenty of love (and bonuses).

Dysun said:
I never thought Ben Henderson was the real deal until tonight
Same here, we've always heard about his supposed strong wrestling and he lost to Pettis who was wrestlefucked by Guida. But he just ran the fuck through Miller. We need to see Bendo vs. Guida yesterday and make it a title eliminator.

For Hardy's next fight I want to either see him rematch Swick or take on Paulo Thiago.

dem

I can't freaking believe Bendo last night..

Even when I bet on the favourite i lose!
You could make a career out of betting the opposite of me.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
dem said:
I can't freaking believe Bendo last night..

Even when I bet on the favourite i lose!
You could make a career out of betting the opposite of me.

It was definitely surprising. Jim Miller is a bad motherfucker and nobody has walked through him like that before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom