• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UK Metroid Samus Returns Special Edition CD, Artbook, Keyring, Metroid 2 VC code +

CazTGG

According to Nintendo UK's page about this game, the special edition will be as follows and as usual NOE >>> NOA :D

While supplies last, fans will also be able to purchase a special edition of Metroid: Samus Returns which includes a physical version of the game, a download code for the original Game Boy game Metroid II: Return of Samus to be redeemed in Nintendo eShop, a SteelBook, a sound-selection CD featuring 25 tracks from across the Metroid franchise, a gold “S” pin badge, a Morph Ball 3D keyring and a 40-page artbook.

I cannot find any preorders yet...

https://www.nintendo.co.uk/Games/Nintendo-3DS/Metroid-Samus-Returns-1234232.html

So...they're not including the original Metroid as an in-game bonus a la Zero Mission, from the sounds of it.

Remember when Nintendo used to include their older games a bonus?

Well, I was happy with just the soundtrack, but hot damn I'm going to be all over this!

Also, huzzah for steelbooks! Hope it's nice and colourful and not just metal/grey. The key ring, badge and art book are all just icing on the cake if they can nail the steelbook, but would more than make up for them fluffing it, so I'm good either way.

Gods, I cannot wait for this game!

So...they're not including the original Metroid as an in-game bonus a la Zero Mission, from the sounds of it.

They're including a code for Metroid II...

Some people will never be satisfied.

Caelus

Did you... even read what you quoted.

Unless you mean for the non-special editions.

NOA is on the go-green route in terms of physical goods. They figure a ton of Amiibo, minus the occasional supply restrained gold editions, will suffice.

RiggyRob

How much are we expecting this to be, £60?

Anyone else using this thread to find out when preorders go live on Nintendo UK/Amazon?

ZombAid82

How much are we expecting this to be, £60?

Anyone else using this thread to find out when preorders go live on Nintendo UK/Amazon?

Jepp, Me!
I'm constantly on the fence, and as soon as it gets available in any Amazon store from Europe, I'll post it here.

KingBroly

Banned
NOA is on the go-green route in terms of physical goods. They figure a ton of Amiibo, minus the occasional supply restrained gold editions, will suffice.

NOA also has a ton of 2 and 3 packs for amiibo

NOA and NOE need to start selling their artbooks and soundtracks, though.

CazTGG

Did you... even read what you quoted.

Unless you mean for the non-special editions.

Did you?

I specified that my disappointment came from it being a pre-order bonus as opposed to an in-game bonus a la Metroid Zero Mission including the original Metroid or the GBA Super Mario Bros. ports including the Mario Bros. arcade or even Animal Crossing having various NES games as unlockables. It's not a complicated concept.

Why? Its much easier the VC way. Otherwise you'd have to run Meteoid 2 Remake first in order to play Metroid 2 GB.

Didn't stop them from doing just that on the GBA with Zero Mission when Metroid was already available on the GBA:
44986-Classic_NES_-_Metroid_(U)(BatMan)-1458759678.jpg

Ridley327

Exception to the rule. I'll take the occasional hit for all other games.

The US definitely got a spiffier Xenoblade X LE than everyone else, so there's that one to add to the tally.

Not saying that NoE doesn't usually do better on that front on average, but they're not always the better option.

That sounds way better than the US equivalent. Mainly I just want to get my hands on that artbook. I hope the book gets a standalone release in the US.

I would prefer the reversible cover over the VC Metroid II code that can be bought for like 3 or 4 €. I love the Samus artwork, but the background looks kinda generic and boring.

-shadow-

The US definitely got a spiffier Xenoblade X LE than everyone else, so there's that one to add to the tally.

Not saying that NoE doesn't usually do better on that front on average, but they're not always the better option.

This one is arguable. I couldn't care less about that soundtrack sampler/USB stick and that card, but I was all over the steelbook however and I know some who thought the other way around. Well that and we got Project Zero Maiden of Black Water physical, so there's that.

CazTGG

Small correction, but Zero Mission came out before the NES Classic Series Metroid was released. 3-9 months, depending on your region.

My point is that the game being on the Virtual Console is irrelevant to its exclusion in this game, since they had no trouble adding the original to Zero Mission (and Metroid Prime if you had a copy of Fusion and a GBA/Game Cube Link Cable) when that port was no doubt in development. They could have included it in the game itself but all evidence would suggest they chose to omit it from the package.

Alright, what will be the best way to import this shit?

Edit: I'm serious by the way. What will be the best place to check/try when this goes live? Anyone?
I'd go with Amazon but not Amazon France (they had issues with the Persona 5 LE). Amazon handles all the tax stuff properly which most other retailers don't.

LEs are the same across Europe so crappy oversized German age rating logos for everybody.

Top Bottom