• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metroid Samus Returns Special Edition Announced

I was working out yesterday when I saw the notification come through. Legit put off taking a shower for awhile, and stayed up a bit late to try to catch it.

Still waiting, but I did shower. Just so you know.

Good to know fellow Gafers shower lol! I work at a desk, so I'll be sure to refresh the page as often as possible, and post if I see it become available. Not sure if I seen it mentioned here or not, but I also found the page for the new Metroid Amiibo on Amazon as well. It's going to be a two pack. Havent seen that become available ether however.

R0ckman

Good to know fellow Gafers shower lol! I work at a desk, so I'll be sure to refresh the page as often as possible, and post if I see it become available. Not sure if I seen it mentioned here or not, but I also found the page for the new Metroid Amiibo on Amazon as well. It's going to be a two pack. Havent seen that become available ether however.

Are the Hyrule champion amiibos up anywhere?

Ridley327

OmegaZero

Man I am super tempted by that soundtrack. I'm holding off though to see if it includes any exclusive content. One of the previews mentioned that Samus Returns supports Amiibos so perhaps some of that content may be bundled in as well?

I'll take one Switch port please.

Is this really going to happen in every thread related to this game? :/

RedBoot

Amazon has slowly been putting preorders up (Mario&Luigi and the regular Samus Returns went up this morning or so), so they might open the preorders up soon.

On the other hand, Amazon's current policy for amiibo seems to be putting up the pages at announcement but never actually opening preorders and just making them available randomly on the release date. So they could do the same for this special edition.

So I guess the correct course of action is to check constantly and refresh like a madman. Yay. :/

Is this really going to happen in every thread related to this game? :/

Seriously. We should all be grateful we are even getting a 2D Metroid, and Metroid Prime 4. This might not be Metroid 5, and yeah it's on 3DS, but at least it's something. As fans of the series, I'm sure we can all agree it was a painful wait to get this much.

Anyone remember the original GBA game cartridges playing directly on the Super Nintendo via this?

$_35.JPG

Now that Switch also uses cartridges and has a similar button interface - could it be possible to play Metroid 3ds version on a switch one day?

ReyVGM

Anyone remember the original GBA game cartridges playing directly on the Super Nintendo via this?

$_35.JPG

Now that Switch also uses cartridges and has a similar button interface - could it be possible to play Metroid 3ds version on a switch one day?

You mean the GB. The GBA was played through the Game Boy Player for the Gamecube.

MegalonJJ

Banned
FYI

According to Nintendo UK's page about this game, the special edition will be as follows and as usual NOE >>> NOA :D

While supplies last, fans will also be able to purchase a special edition of Metroid: Samus Returns which includes a physical version of the game, a download code for the original Game Boy game Metroid II: Return of Samus to be redeemed in Nintendo eShop, a SteelBook, a sound-selection CD featuring 25 tracks from across the Metroid franchise, a gold “S” pin badge, a Morph Ball 3D keyring and a 40-page artbook.

I cannot find any preorders yet... :mad:

Edit: I'll make a separate thread for this.

FYI

According to Nintendo UK's page about this game, the special edition will be as follows and as usual NOE >>> NOA :D

While supplies last, fans will also be able to purchase a special edition of Metroid: Samus Returns which includes a physical version of the game, a download code for the original Game Boy game Metroid II: Return of Samus to be redeemed in Nintendo eShop, a SteelBook, a sound-selection CD featuring 25 tracks from across the Metroid franchise, a gold “S” pin badge, a Morph Ball 3D keyring and a 40-page artbook.

God fucking dammit. I'm gonna need to import this shit.

FYI

Sounds way better than the NA LE

How's Metroid been in Japan again? The most glamorous that I recall a Metroid release getting was a cool package concept where the Other M package art was young/Zero Suit Samus and the outer hard cardboard sleeve was the actual Varia suit.

Joke about that being the only good thing about Other M goes here.

I guess what I'm asking is if they'll do a release as glamorous as that European SE in Japan. Hmm~

Got my amiibo 2 pack and SE preordered at GameStop! It's good to know that I don't be missing out on anythi-
FYI

.....a steelbook?

Aw freak.

Is there ANY way to preorder this without having it pre charge it have an authorization hold on your account? Like what Amazon does? Any site?

Ashhong

Anyway to get free shipping at Gamestop? The usual "saver" coupon applies but I don't see the option for free shipping

xevis

Banned
Nintendo seems to really favor EU :x Rather than EU often saying how they are late/didn't get past games/they are owed this, I just wish we got the same things...

Oh please. You guys get all kinds of cool stuff that never makes it to PAL territories. Most recent example is Megaman Legacy 1 and now 2 which did not get physical releases. On the odd occasion the rest of the world gets something cool it's like 2-3x the price of the solo game.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Oh please. You guys get all kinds of cool stuff that never makes it to PAL territories. Most recent example is Megaman Legacy 1 and now 2 which did not get physical releases. On the odd occasion the rest of the world gets something cool it's like 2-3x the price of the solo game.

Exactly why I brought it up, because someone always pipes in on how they should be "owed". Trust me, I've made VERY lengthy lists in the past with special editions etc. we never got.

Look, I can play the game too: gee, wasn't that Fatal Frame LE awesome?

Exactly why I brought it up, because someone always pipes in on how they should be "owed". Trust me, I've made VERY lengthy lists in the past with special editions etc. we never got.

Look, I can play the game too: gee, wasn't that Fatal Frame LE awesome?

Gee, weren't Chrono Trigger, Earthbound, and Mario RPG on SNES awesome?
Terranigma doesn't nearly make up for that.
And comparing "special editions" to not getting games at all is silly.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Gee, weren't Chrono Trigger, Earthbound, and Mario RPG on SNES awesome?
Terranigma doesn't nearly make up for that.
And comparing "special editions" to not getting games at all is silly.

Chrono Trigger got a DS release though...

I was talking about special editions pretty specifically though, as it's often that EU gets better ones for many games (and for me they are important).

Once again it's not a who gets it better/worse, it's a point where I wish BOTH sides got it equal, but in PRESENT DAY it still isn't. NoE is much better than NoA.

ReyVGM

Chrono Trigger got a DS release though...

I was talking about special editions pretty specifically though, as it's often that EU gets better ones for many games (and for me they are important).

Once again it's not a who gets it better/worse, it's a point where I wish BOTH sides got it equal, but in PRESENT DAY it still isn't. NoE is much better than NoA.

That happens due to differences between how much materials cost in different parts of the world and/or depending on currency exchange rates at the time.

There's nothing to be done about that unless the item is pricier in certain regions or the issuing company takes a loss in selling the product.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
That happens due to differences between how much materials cost in different parts of the world and/or depending on currency exchange rates at the time.

There's nothing to be done about that unless the item is pricier in certain regions or the issuing company takes a loss in selling the product.

I don't see how that could explain how NA could get an LE for Fire Emblem Echoes and not Metrois with similar materials. (I know both varied a bit, but a little more equal).

Top Bottom