• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

European special edition of Metroid: Samus Returns fully revealed

Deja

Game website is just a broken piece of shit. Too bad they get exclusivity on a lot of items. Seriously, I'm a web tester and I want to sit down with whoever let that piece of crap pass and just ask "how?".

Game website is just a broken piece of shit. Too bad they get exclusivity on a lot of items. Seriously, I'm a web tester and I want to sit down with whoever let that piece of crap pass and just ask "how?".

The weird thing is they like to completely change the design & layout every 2-3 years, rather than fixing everything that's broken.

Alright, Nintendo have dispatched my order. Thing is, the expected release date is between Saturday and Monday. Hopefully it's wrong and the game will actually arrive on time.

ktroopa

I used to develop websites and everything you said is true, with cream on top. Its website is a joke

Intel_89

Apparently some Portuguese stores have got the Legacy Editions from Nintendo, seems like the retail price over here will be 69,99€.

canocha

Apparently some Portuguese stores have got the Legacy Editions from Nintendo, seems like the retail price over here will be 69,99€.

I can confirm that. Fnac had it (69.99 with 15% pre order discount)

Elcorte Inglês had it 69.99

Worten only has the Metroid amiibo for now (14.99)

It's back up on Amazon.de, overall the total comes to less than my Gameseek order and I know Amazon is more trustworthy.

Is the German edition same as all the others?

Posting for a warning/reminder never to use game again.

Last night i got a bank fraud alert text for my LE. Yep it was game trying to take the money. Sure enough my order was canceled 5mins later. My account was in funds. Had this shit happen before, lame. So fuck you game.

Same here. What a shit store.
And I cancelled my amazon.de preorder too (way too expensive), so no Legacy Edition for me.

Shiggy

Oh right. We should have invaded SA with their mega bundle pack of everything :) (that ugly bag tho)

Glad I'm not the only one who found that ugly lol

Back side of the box:
r3ds_metroidsamusreturnsse.jpg

Yazan

Nintendo Store canceled my order for some weird reason. Fuck.

Will probably have to pay the disgusting Swedish prices (almost 2X)

Off topic but I just managed to order the JP Special Edition+Samus mousepad+Samus amiibo+Metroid amiibo SKU from Amazon Japan. I'm picking up my Legacy Edition (€70) tomorrow too. Feels good.

LAA

Well mine shipped this morning from Nintendo UK, estimated to be delivered Monday...which I should state I'm from the UK so should have shipped to be delivered on Friday.
As I said earlier though, I'll have Destiny 2 to keep me pre-occupied for a long while, so won't be too disappointed if I'm not playing it on Friday.

sphinx

the piano man
I got mine some minutes ago.

package is quite big, I wasn't expecting it.

everything looks slick and "pricy" except the Keyholder, it's cool but feels a bit cheap, like the coat of paint will fade out after a couple of months if you actually use it.

I think the best thing is the artbook, its paper and the whole booklet has been done with care and quality materials and the pics are pretty cool, it's only Metroid II and M:SR art though, no art for other games.

Overall I'd say it's a good collector's edition, los of things included, better than the majora's mask 3DS SE, which costed the same back then

worth 60~70 euro, but not 100 euro

Amalthea

Banned
I got mine some minutes ago.

package is quite big, I wasn't expecting it.

everything looks slick and "pricy" except the Keyholder, it's cool but feels a bit cheap, like the coat of paint will fade out after a couple of months if you actually use it.

I think the best thing is the artbook, its paper and the whole booklet has been done with care and quality materials and the pics are pretty cool, it's only Metroid II and M:SR art though, no art for other games.

Overall I'd say it's a good collector's edition, los of things included, better than the majora's mask 3DS SE, which costed the same back then

worth 60~70 euro, but not 100 euro
Does the games box have the reversible cover?

Nitty_Grimes

Made a crappy phPBB forum once ... once.
Nintendo store have dispatched mine, I'm taking it they don't care about you getting something on release day as its not supposed to be delivered till Monday?

Anyone else have any store experience? Is this usually correct?

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
The good thing about living in a small town in Austria I guess.
Kastner in Graz,
none left though. They got three.

Zatoth

Mine is ready to pick up at Libro (Austria). Too bad I am out of the country till next week. Gotta send my brother to get it.

cyba89

I will probably just send my amazon.de order back if they don't change the price. Don't want to support their anti-consumer practices.

Will check out my local Media Markt today and tommorow even though I know the chance to get one there will be very slim.

Saoshyant

Ugh, my GAME order has been packed days ago but not shipped yet. While it's not shipped I can't risk and cancel my Amazon.de order, but I don't need two copies and the Amazon.de one is being shipped in two days from now.

I wish I had just found one in my country (Portugal) but every time someone mentioned the availability here it would be out of stock when I checked :(

Andyliini

Whew, my Limited Edition shipped from CDON today. I was getting a bit worried that somehow my preorder would not hold, but now I have nothing to worry about, unless the package gets lost in the mail. The game won't probably arrive until late next week, but I have time to wait with my other games, thankfully.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Ugh, my GAME order has been packed days ago but not shipped yet. While it's not shipped I can't risk and cancel my Amazon.de order, but I don't need two copies and the Amazon.de one is being shipped in two days from now.

I wish I had just found one in my country (Portugal) but every time someone mentioned the availability here it would be out of stock when I checked :(

GAME will likely ship Thursday with next day delivery.

EDIT: OH MY GOD! I'm so out of it. It is Thursday. I literally forgot what day it was.

Top Bottom