• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metroid Samus Returns Special Edition Announced

ReyVGM

This point I do not understand, as I can not see why it's more feasible for Europe to create these things when NA is capable of doing it as well (including much smaller companies).

Because stuff doesn't cost the same everywhere. It's entirely possible that paper products or steel products are cheaper in Europe this year. It's entirely possible exchange rates are higher/lower this year and that allows European Nintendo to be able to "have more money" to spend on a better package. Even gas prices can influence the price of products.

Honestly, if you are saying you don't understand why a CONTINENT with a stronger currency is able to offer a better package, and can't even fathom the myriad of cost variables that goes into manufacturing, then you should really just stop complaining and accept the reality of the world. This is not NOA being cheap, this is just business.

I don't like it when either region gets something less/more than the other, and wish we were at a point to where both regions got the same things.
[...]
This is all I was trying to convey when I kept saying "I hate how this isn't fair" over and over.

But you didn't say "I don't like it when either region gets something less/more than the other," you said:

NoE is much better than NoA.

And that's not true.

my final word on this

Sounds good.

This point I do not understand

Or not...

Either way, it's my final word on it.

Thanks for the heads up! Got my order in. Not sure if I'll keep it or not, will depend on if Best Buy does a B2G1 or some other deal before it comes out.
Best Buy won't have a B2G1 until probably December which is well after release. Those sales are always at the same time of the year every year.

Rated-G

So when these preorders close up like with the Amiibo and the Special Edition, are there any chances of still being able to grab a copy? Either from more being available online closer to release or just being able to grab a copy on release? Mostly I'd like to take advantage of the Gamers Club discount.

So when these preorders close up like with the Amiibo and the Special Edition, are there any chances of still being able to grab a copy? Either from more being available online closer to release or just being able to grab a copy on release? Mostly I'd like to take advantage of the Gamers Club discount.

Your best bet is to keep checking when it gets closer to release. Best Buy will open up remaining stock when they process orders and get cancellations or credit card declines.

Thanks for the heads up! Got my order in. Not sure if I'll keep it or not, will depend on if Best Buy does a B2G1 or some other deal before it comes out.

Pretty sure Best Buy usually does its B2G1 around the months of November/December. That's how it's been the past 3 years anyways.

Shiggy

Looks like the design was only finished last minute. NCL uploaded this:

00000690_09.jpg

(see the different CD design)

Bii

Your best bet is to keep checking when it gets closer to release. Best Buy will open up remaining stock when they process orders and get cancellations or credit card declines.

Also, follow Wario64 on Twitter.

drspeedy

Hmmm... GS is still taking preorders... what's the change they get cancelled since Amazon and BB are currently out of stock, and seemingly sell through restocks quickly?

Hmmm... GS is still taking preorders... what's the change they get cancelled since Amazon and BB are currently out of stock, and seemingly sell through restocks quickly?

Pretty sure it's never been on stock on Amazon, FYI.

GS still taking orders is pretty suspect though. I'd be wary.

JayBabay

Every time this goes up for preorder at Best Buy I get in my cart and it says item unavailable to ship and is not available for pickup within 250 miles. I live in Southern California and tried all kinds of zip codes, nothing works. What's the deal?

Has anyone been able to preorder from Best Buy?

Every time this goes up for preorder at Best Buy I get in my cart and it says item unavailable to ship and is not available for pickup within 250 miles. I live in Southern California and tried all kinds of zip codes, nothing works. What's the deal?

Has anyone been able to preorder from Best Buy?

I have, but that was when it was first available and I'm picking mine up at the store.

Sb9sPTn.jpg

I could pre order this and pick it up in store, I won't bother though. As much as a Metroid fan that I am, this collectors edition stinks compared to the European version. I am kinda salty about this to be honest. Regular version or digital for me this time.

JayBabay

I have, but that was when it was first available and I'm picking mine up at the store.

Sb9sPTn.jpg

Hmm, I've ordered so many games, including preorders and collectors editions and this is the first time I've encountered this problem. I'm talking about receiving about 6+ Notifications that it's available and not once does it allow me to ship or pick up within 250 miles. So weird.

Top Bottom