• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What are you most looking forward to this month? February 2017 Edition

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
RE7 DLC on PC

Nothing else really looks like it'll grab me. I'll hold off on Neir until the PC version.

ranmafan

I got three big games this month, Nioh, Nier, and Horizon. Although my copy of Horizon probably won't show up until a couple of days into March. Really excited for the challenge of Nioh and the Nier demo was a joy to play. Can't wait to dig deep into that game. Fantastic February. Also hoping that somehow there will be a PSVR restock in Japan in February too so I can finally enjoy some VR, but who knows if that will happen.

As much as I'd like to play Horizon day one, Numenera takes priority for me. Been waiting too long for that one.

Looking forward to Nier, but wasn't that pushed back to March?

swarley64

Backed Torment so I'm playing that straight-away. I hope to play Horizon, For Honor and Nioh some-where down the line.

Elandyll

Banned
As much as I'd like to play Horizon day one, Numenera takes priority for me. Been waiting too long for that one.

Looking forward to Nier, but wasn't that pushed back to March?
You're right. March 7th.

All the first google dates say Feb 23rd, so bit of a relief, but makes March worse with Andromeda and P5.
Ugh.

Nioh is absolutely my number one choice. And I'd definitely like to play Torment as well.

Horizon and Tohou Gensou Wanderer also look very interesting, but going to wait on those to see how they turn out, and for possible sales later in the year.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Horizon for sure

Nioh if the reviews are good.

Nioh, For Honor, and Horizon. Don't know how much I'll be able to play with school but it feels good to just have these games to play sometime lol.

Nothing for me. Gonna finish re7 and get ready for Zelda. Not really into what I've seen from Horizon.

Maaaaybe grab yakuza 0 in the meantime.

Nioh for me. If impressions are good for Horizon: Zero Dawn I might pick it up for my girlfriend. It doesn't seem like my thing but she's really interested in it. I might also pick up Torment: Tides of Numenera somewhere down the line if it turns out alright, but it's by no means a day one sale for me.

Also, bit off topic but only just now did I realize how stupid Horizon: Zero Dawn's name is. Feels like they just tried to clump generic cool sounding words together without really thinking about what the title tells me about the game or what vibe it evokes.

mshlive

Horizon, Nioh & Halo Wars 2 in that order.

However saying that I won't be buying any on release, I'll wait for reviews and maybe some price drops.

Nothing for me. Fortunately I'm still deep into Yakuza 0 and will be for quite some time. Persona 5 getting delayed turned out to be a blessing.

Zolbrod

Starting the year out strong for (J)RPGs:

Nioh
Ys Origin
Horizon Zero Dawn
NieR:Automata

Will probably get all of these on day one.

Nothing this month. Halo Wars 2 was a day one, and I'm still going to pick it up down the line, but I have to try and save as much as I can for Switch/March Madness (of games). That'll be a mid-to-late April purchase.

Horizon won't be out for me until March 1 so that doesn't count. So yeah, nothing this month.

March will be a massively different story with at least three games and one new hardware system.

StoveOven

Banned
In order Horizon>Nioh>For Honor.

But really I just plan on picking up Gravity Rush and Yakuza and spending the month playing those.

Rathorial

Horizon pretty much at the top of the list. Cool world, Monster Hunter + Mega Man kill monsters with their own powers combat, and robo deer hacking.

Enjoyed Halo Wars 2's beta, and got it for cheap, so I guess that's in 2nd.

Nioh maybe tied, but coming out too soon as I'm trying to get through my backlog. Will wait on that for later.

Just Nioh this month. I'm heavily considering importing a Japanese copy of NieR: Automata but I think I'll be busy enough with Nioh, so I'm staving off that temptation for now.

Tevious

I have Nioh preordered and I backed Torment, so those. I don't know that I'll have time for Torment right away though, too many other games to get caught up on.

Neolombax

Gold Member
Nioh or Horizon Zero Dawn. Can't get them both...its killing me. Been holding off any purchase of a game since the start of the year. I may also wait for Andromeda or Nier...sigh.

1upsuper

Nioh is my only day one purchase, probably. I might double dip on Wooly World 3DS and Ys Origins at some point though. Don't know too much about Horizon, but it doesn't really appeal to me from what I've seen. I've got a copy of NieR 1 but I haven't played it yet, so I won't be getting 2 for a while at least.

farisr

Horizon since it's the only game I'm buying this month. Though I suppose for honor as well for the likely $60 profit I'm going to make thanks to it.

If I didn't have a backlog of games I really want to play, I'd be buying nioh day one. Will definitely not be able to beat that game if there are other games sitting on the shelf tempting me to drop it.

I've been looking forward to For Honor since its announcement, and really enjoyed the betas, but I'm afraid it's not going to get a large enough community on PC to justify a purchase. So I'm kind of torn.

Curious about Berserk, Halo Wars 2, and (when it gets a PC port) Nioh, but nothing I plan to immediately buy. Also interested to a lesser extent in Atelier Sophie and Torment, but definitely waiting for sales.

Top Bottom