• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -5| This is stupid, kayos90 sucks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

cajunator

Banned
The greatest troll of last year's winter season now in figure form.

8800 yen, June.

Ufufu.

Ohhh shit.
I think I need this.
Well I mean who NEEDS a figure but I ....need this.

4eDGLcL.jpg

A loli + snaggletooth = A dangerous combination.

This show look way too cute for its own good.
But it seems a bit unremarkable otherwise. Conflicted.

That's the shittiest noose knot I've ever seen.

First thing I noticed in that picture XD

It's already a bad joke. And I'm bad with jokes...

kayo~

Jex

[Gintama] - 261

Well, that's that I suppose. There was a surprising amount of world building done in this epilouge which makes a kind of sense because they never bother doing it outside the main arcs. Still, I feel like there was a lot more of in this final episode then you usually have when an arc winds down.

cajunator

Banned
Galaxy Angel 1-2

1RkROC2.jpg

Pretty funny stuff, these uguu as fuck character designs are adorable AND there's Miyukichi and Yukari Tamura. This gon' be good.

YYYYYEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*Hugs you for watching Galaxy Angel

You are AWESOMMMMMMEEEEEE!!!!

*bounces

It's legit. There's a two-page teaser spread in this month's Newtype, almost all text but with no real details of any sort, only a bunch of comments about Imaishi from other people he's worked with over the years, saying they're looking forward to the new project, and the full reveal set for the June issue. It does give us this mysterious sketch though...

For some reason, this looks Go Nagai-ish to me.

Theonik

∀ Gundam: Called Turn-A-Gundam 11
ibuxHvEKIEkgvK.png

Coming to a Final Fantasy game near you
Well that episode went well, body swap mustn't seem like such a good idea now! I wonder what that "price" the Inglesia heir is talking about is.
Probably have them give them their tech or something
also I really wonder why they didn't throw that GUNDAM yelling oaf in the slammer after the last incident. Man the Moonrace are thick.
I fully expect it to be revealed that he was frozen back in the days when GUNDAM were a thing.

Kazzy

[Neon Genesis Evangelion] - 14

Huh, "Weaving a Story" is the title of this episode, but its function is that of a typical recap show. Maybe it serves some function to some, but for the way I typically my Anime, it just serves to hamper my overall experience.

Nonetheless, it contained some interesting elements. Being framed as extracts from Gendo's own report on the activities on NERV, as he reports to Seele. It covers all the major flash points, whilst allowing for him to inject his own brand of truth into the events that we've already been privy to. Even to his own superiors, the man is still out for himself. Though from the little we can glean from their brief appearances, this route may be the lesser of the evils. Better the devil you know...

Rei in particular has a striking (and fairly abstract) sequence that detailed a brief insight into her stream of consciousness. We are also offered some slight foreshadowing to future events, with the test for interchangeability between each of the Evangelion, which presumably is an effort to devise some form of contingency via a "Dummy Plug".

Oh, so that’s what they recovered down in the South Pole, "The Lance of Longinus". No, I still don’t know the significance yet! And “Adam”, “Dead Sea Scrolls”, all that symbolism posturing!

Kotoura 5

8pX3PIg.jpg

Why do they all sleep in track suits?

Now this is more like a 4koma :(

Hopefully we get more despair when the mom shows up. If she can still have the dead eyes in the super upbeat OP, there's gotta be something there.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
Here's a truly sad story. I had totally missed this post because I haven't been reading the thread as regularly lately. But because of his Japanese posting, I got curious and decided to check his post history to see how annoying it actually was, and saw that. Poor junior member. :(
Muuhahahaaha. He should have come to the IRC!
MY EYES I CAN SEE THE LIGHT OMG OMG OMG.
I guess we are never getting a P&S S2? ;-;

Jex

MY EYES I CAN SEE THE LIGHT OMG OMG OMG.
I guess we are never getting a P&S S2? ;-;

You know what, I think the world will still continue to spin even without another season of Panty and Stocking. The ending of the show seemed to be a pretty clear "We out" situation anyway. He dropped the microphone and walked off stage.

Narag

Here's a truly sad story. I had totally missed this post because I haven't been reading the thread as regularly lately. But because of his Japanese posting, I got curious and decided to check his post history to see how annoying it actually was, and saw that. Poor junior member. :(

Any one of us could be next.

DiGiKerot

Late to the party on this, since I was waiting for the BD to come out before watching it, but man, the first episode Akito the Exiled was pretty great. Love the noodley Jazz music. CG was pretty great too, though it took me a few moments to adjust following it early on. Kind of surprised the BD had subtitles for the ED, since they don't normally bother subtitling songs on English-sub sporting Japanese disks unless the subs were pulled from a prior US release.

Speaking of which, I also got the first volume of Jojo. Came with this very manly poster.

They subtitled the OP on that as well, but obviously not the ED. Can't say I've watched the disk other than spot-checking a few places to see what the subtitles were like (can't say I've seen a name attached, but the translation looks absolutely fine) thus far, though.

-edit- Oh, and apparently MangaUK have licensed One Piece, which is mostly interesting because now people are going to have to find a new question to ask them at events.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom